Sleep Inn at North Scottsdale Road
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsmayo clinictilted kiltchoice hotelswaffle makerbell roadnorth scottsdalefree shuttlemake your own wafflesyogurtcar showboiled eggsfront desk staffneeded a place to stayfree breakfast isshuttle driverthe breakfast areawithin a mile radius
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Great value for extended stay. The rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was good. I was able to take advantage of the gym at the hotel and I also used the free pass to a local gym that came with the room. This area of north Scottsdale is very nice. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn at North Scottsdale Road, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Trip1714,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and sharing your great review. We are proud to provide excellent service and accommodations at a reasonable price and pleased to know you found us to be a good value. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

My husband and I stayed one night and we were very pleased. The area is very safe and we felt very comfortable. The rooms were a little on the small side, but very nice and clean. The bed was so comfortable. The staff were friendly. The breakfast was delicioius. The pool and hot tub were lovely. We could not have had a nicer stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pub and grill next door.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear 1Gypsy1,

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review of our hotel. It is our goal to provide our guests with the utmost in service, comfort, cleanliness, value and facilities, and I am glad we exceeded your expectations. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

For nearly $200 a night I checked into this hotel with minimal expectations. It was not a pleasant experience right from the start. I was first greeted by the front desk who mentioned only one thing, which is the $75 damage deposit if I try to smoke or sneak in a pet (which is not required by most major hotels). This is my first time visit to a Sleep Inn and I had to confirm the availability of a complimentary breakfast.

The next major issue is the Wi-Fi. It works sporadically, which is extremely frustrating. The reservation (and I still have a paper proof of it if anyone wants to see it) mentioned that the room is equipped with wired internet connection. My room didn't have wired internet connection and the hotel manual didn't mention it either.

The room is one of the smallest that I’ve ever been in. It has no bath tub. When I was taking a shower, water spilled all over the place. The shower head was loose and if you change the shower head setting it’ll make it worst. After some effort I managed to secure the shower head without any water damages that the hotel might charge me with.

As for the complimentary breakfast it was quite minimal. I must say that the juice tasted awful. I don’t mean to be picky here or expect anything like the freshly squeezed, but when the orange juice doesn’t even taste like the Kool-Aid version of it that’s really bad. The apple juice tasted equally bad, but the grape juice tasted like something I enjoyed as a kid so I just went with color and sugar. By the 3rd day I saw some lady playing with the juice machine and she was sticking some Styrofoam bowls into the machine, obviously in an effort to fix something the old-schooled way.

In summary, this hotel is at a great location, which is the heart of North Scottsdale. It is fairly new and clean, and that’s about all I can praise. There were many minor issues but I don’t think I’m being unreasonable to point them out as this price comes with some minimal expectation, such as a working shower head.

At the end of the day it is all about value for your money. Other than being at a good location, this hotel offers little value for your money. If you are willing to be a bit further away, or to spend a bit more money, you could get much higher value for your money (e.g. Embassy Suites near I17 for ~$150, or Holiday Inn Express North Scottsdale for ~$130, or several Hilton’s near the airport for ~$220, just to point out a few).

I don't plan to return to this hotel again in the future simply because there many better choices. How this hotel can be rated this highly is beyond my comprehension.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank 4SL66
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn at North Scottsdale Road, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear 4SL66,

I am very sorry you were disappointed with us during your recent stay and offer my apologies. I'm disappointed to hear of the unprofessional welcome you received and will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation. I will also address the issues you noticed about our breakfast juices. We'd like to learn which room you were in (to fix the shower head immediately) and other details and hope you will contact us via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com at your earliest convenience so we can continue this discussion personally, and do what we can to make amends for your discomfort and dissatisfaction. I hope we hear from you soon.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

This is one of the nicest Sleep Inns that we have stayed at. The staff were excellent, the breakfast super, and we got lots of quiet sleep on the Christmas holiday. It is a little difficult to find, being away from the road, but also quiet. They have baggage carts available so it's one trip from the car to our room. We will use this again for sure.

Room Tip: Our bottom floor worked well. Several restaurants are near by within walking distance.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn at North Scottsdale Road, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Germaniabeanie,

Thank you for staying with us and posting your nice review. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business. It's always nice to receive compliments from happy guests, and I will share your remarks with the rest of our team here. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you again.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Great location especially for a budget hotel.
Front desk staff is as good as it gets. Attentive, friendly, they hustle and also act like doing a good job is important to them.
Breakfast is fine.
Rooms are clean.
Free shuttle within a 5 mile radius of the hotel but there are lots of things to do within a short walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank timmertoo
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn at North Scottsdale Road, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear timmertoo,

Thank you very much for your recent visit and for taking the time to post your comments and 5 star rating. It is always our pleasure to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.