“Top Quality 2 Star Motel”

Sleep Inn at North Scottsdale Road
Ranked #39 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brisbane, Australia
“Top Quality 2 Star Motel”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I am really surprised to see this motel rated as "2 star" accommodation.
We stayed in this motel twice during our Arizona trip and found it great! Rooms are large and clean and have a great little ensuite with a large shower.
A small bar fridge is included in the room which proved useful.
We enjoyed the free breakfast and took advantage of the free choc-chip cookies in the afternoon.
Out the back is a pool and a BBQ area which many of the motel guests were quietly using.
Staff were always courteous and helpful.

For meals we went to the Tilted Kilt pub next door and also enjoyed HUGE meals at the Mexican restaurant adjoining the carpark.
Taxi from the airport costs approx $55, or you can get a shared shuttle for approx $22 per couple.

The only reason I am giving this motel 3 stars is because I found the beds hard and they aggrevated my back, however my husband didnt have any complaints.

Room Tip: Dont get a room on the 3rd floor as the only access is via the elevator. 1st floor (ground) or 2nd...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank millisynth
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn at North Scottsdale Road, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear millisynth,

Thanks for coming back to stay with us and for sharing your comments about our hotel. The "star" system has more to do with the facilities and amenities offered (bar, restaurant, valet, concierge, etc) than the level or quality of service and accommodations provided. I'm sorry you found the beds to be uncomfortable and offer my apologies for the discomfort you experienced. I'm glad you enjoyed other aspects of your stay and appreciate your feedback. I hope we can serve you here again.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
USA
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Spent 3 nights in March - public spaces and rooms have been renovated and are very attractive. Very friendly, courteous front staff. Property looks to be well maintained which is impressive because it seems very full every time I stay here. Will return next time I am in the area...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn at North Scottsdale Road, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear devm635csi,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your comments about your many stays with us. It is guests like you who make our jobs of providing the highest standards of cleanliness, service and facilities very rewarding. I'm glad you know you can count on us and look forward to serving you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

The room is new and nice, the breakfast coffee is the instant variety, and disappointing. Overall a nice place to stay, but if you like quality coffee to start the morning you must go to a coffee shoppe.
The room has dark shades and is of a good size. There is no tub just a right shower.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn at North Scottsdale Road, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Dnkilgo,

Thanks for posting your candid comments about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry you were disappointed with our breakfast coffee and hope you will accept my apologies for letting you down. I'm glad you were happy with other aspects of your stay and hope you will give us another chance to serve you the next time you are in our area.

Seekonk, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is a fine basic hotel. Clean, mostly quiet and safe. Check in was easy and smooth. My room (327?) was too close to the elevator and loud guests returning from a party were disturbing. Other that than, things were fine. Everything functioned as it should. Bedding was comfortable.
Breakfast was great and the dining area was clean. The coffee was not so good.

Good value

Room Tip: Away from elevator
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jodnay,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and for posting your review about your stay with us. I'm sorry for the disturbance you experienced from other guests and offer my sincere apologies. We value your business and your feedback, and I will make sure our breakfast team is using the proper products and procedures to provide excellent coffee to all our guests. I hope we can welcome you back and serve you here again.

Cottonwood
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I had to go to Scottsdale for surgery. I needed to do a pre op cleansing 24 hr. ahead of surgery. We live 2 hrs. away by car and from past experience I knew I wouldn't make it to hotel if I started the pre op before I left home. We arrived at the hotel at 11:00 AM and ask for early checking. They were very helpful and we were in our room by noon. Room was clean and quite. Would stay there again if needed. We got an excellent rate due to an agreement between the hotel and the hospital.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Terry J
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn at North Scottsdale Road, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Terry J,

Thanks for deciding to stay with us and for taking the time to share your review. We know you have a lot of hotels to choose from and are glad you were happy with your choice. We hope your surgery went well and that you will stay with us again when you have time to enjoy our area.

Roseville, California
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Sleep Inn at North Scottsdale Rd is an excellent value. It is very well located near a multitude of restaurants, retail shops and other services. Staff is super friendly and gracious. Compare then book Sleep Inn!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn at North Scottsdale Road, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear lukebabs,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your wonderful comments and rating. I'm glad you like what and how we do things here and appreciate your kind words about our team. I hope we can welcome you back and serve you here again.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Great value for extended stay. The rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was good. I was able to take advantage of the gym at the hotel and I also used the free pass to a local gym that came with the room. This area of north Scottsdale is very nice. I will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn at North Scottsdale Road, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Trip1714,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and sharing your great review. We are proud to provide excellent service and accommodations at a reasonable price and pleased to know you found us to be a good value. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again.