“great hotel for the money!”

Sleep Inn at North Scottsdale Road
Ranked #39 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“great hotel for the money!”
Reviewed 26 August 2006

I must admit, I chose this hotel based on two factors... One was the price... I paid $53/night which was very good given the location and the cost of other "Scottsdale" hotels. The second was that this hotel is located right next door to one of my favorite Mexican food places.. Carlos O'Briens. While staying at this hotel I also visited the "Tilted Kilt" pub right next door.... also a great place... The hotel itself was very basic, but very, very clean and the people were very nice. I have stayed at many hotels in the area (The Phoenician, Marriott McDowell Mountain, Copperwynd, etc.) and although other hotels have more amenities (spas, golf courses, fine dining, etc.) I have decided that the Sleep Inn will become my hotel of choice when staying in Scottsdale. Give it a try, I think you will be pleasantly surprised!

• Liked — Great location... excellent price.
  • Disliked — Very basic amenities.... but expected at the price.
  • Tips/Secrets — Be sure to try Carlos O'Briens and the Tilted Kilt located right next door to hotel.
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank latecheckin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 12 February 2006

As a previous poster stated, at $150+/night, this hotel is a disappointment. It does everything a budget hotel should do: a clean, fairly comfortable room, with adequate front-desk service, a minimal continental breakfast, convenient parking, maid service, etc. But if the hotel is going to charge a price you'd expect from a middle of the road business hotel, then look elsewhere.
High-speed internet is available for free, but as they say you get what you pay for. It was hit or miss at best.
Unfortunately, the combination of excessive taxes on visitors to finance the Cardinals' new stadium and a busy high season doesn't leave visitors with many affordable options in North Scottsdale this year. If this hotel is going to continue to charge in the $150-range per night, however, travelers would be advised to make a longer drive to find better value.

• Stayed February 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank cllgstdva
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 7 February 2006

At $59-$89 this place would be OK, but at $152 it is not.

Our small, clean room had beds so hard that we were unable to get back to sleep once awakened. When I reported this to the desk clerk at 7:00 a.m. he told me that I was the first customer to make this claim.

When I checked out after the first night of our projected three-night stay, I spoke with the manager. She apologized for our sleepless night and offered to move us to a room with comfortable beds. I told her it was too late and asked to take advantage of the offer of a free stay for not being 100% satisfied.

The next day I realized that I was so tired after a night at Sleep Inn that I had forgotten to take essential medications.

We moved to Homewood Suites, where we were extremely comfortable in every way.

• Stayed January 2006
4 Thank wonderfulworld
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 19 November 2005

What a great place to stay!! I found it through Trip Advisor because we were coming out with a group of people for a dog tournament and wanted everyone to be happy, especially me. I booked 5 rooms months ago, and everyone that stayed at the hotel was happy. We had a king bed, though we were supposed to have two doubles, with a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Nice clean room! We had stayed at the Sleep Inn in Phoenix North the night before, because this hotel was booked and we had changed our travel plans and this hotel is on an entirely different level!! Not even close!!! This hotel is light and bright, the rooms are very clean, the staff is friendly. The breakfast in the morning was very good, especially the muffins. The hotel is close to many restaurants and shopping. I would definitely stay here again! Great place to stay, great value!!

• Stayed November 2005
7 Thank agilityaddict
Taupo, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 April 2005

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and can't fault it. it took about 15 -20 minutes from Phoenix airport.

All staff were welcoming and helpful. There is a complimentary breakfast, we paid $99.00 a night for 2 of us, it is only about 2 years old, and is right next to a great restaurant, the 'Hampton Inn' and 5 minutes walk to a large shopping centre.

We used the free internet, loved the cleanliness and spaciousness of the room. The Hotel has a pool complex as well, and is only 3 stories high. Our room was quiet and we were even able to get a phone charger from them, on the house !!

We did not find this Hotel on the web but found it through a travel agent called 'Arizona Trails'.

Go for it if you arelooking for an expensive but great Hotel in Scottsdale.

7 Thank annacd
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 December 2004

The sleep in in scottsdale is the best place to stay for the price, service and location in scottsdale.The front desk staff who work there are some of the nicest eager to please folks Ive ever seen in the hotel business.If your in the area and want great service with good people and a rate that wont burn your wallet..This is the place to be.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 September 2003

Stayed at this hotel while conducting business in the Scottsdale area and was very surprised at the low rate. The hotel has all the amenities that one would expect in the Scottsdale area.

The room was very spacious and well laid which made the stay that much more comfortable. Defintely would choose this hotel again when in the area!

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member