“What a plesent stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #71 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
PORT ORCHARD
“What a plesent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2012

This was a real treat. Clean room and nice comfortable bed, quite area and great location. Stayed three nights and would loved to have stayed more. My room was on the third floor in the back and it was nice and quite. Front desk people were very plesent.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff and the room quality has met your expectation. It is so wonderful to read positive reviews such as your which helps us build a great confident boost. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Provo, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

I have never been so disgusted going to a hotel. I thought this place was decent but then on arrival, which was with poor customer service, I found the linens to be dirty and smelt as if they were cleaned with toilet bowl cleaners. Also the suite was creepy because I would walk in and randomly all the cabinets and drawers would be opened. I don't think they treat their staff right and fair either. This place should be seen by the health department.. I think they would be shut down immediately if everyone knew what really goes on behind the scenes. DONT GO HERE!!! YOU WILL SOON REGRET IT.. its filthy!

Room Tip: ask for the nearest hotel. AND RUN!!! FAST!!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tori C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this review, 16 August 2012

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about our customer service and our linens. First, our hotel is focused on exceptional customer service while following our policies & procedures carefully. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. Second, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Specifically, standard operating policy is that linens are always replaced with fresh, clean new bedding which has been washed in traditional hot water and soap machines. In addition, all rooms are inspected prior to being made available to the public. That having been said, I recognize the issues you have brought to my attention and discussed it with my hotel staff and upper management.

Travellers are raving about these Scottsdale hotels

Northern Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

We arrived just wanting to stay a night and were so pleased with our little suite that we stayed an extra night. Also enjoyed the pool, lovely and quiet and sheltered, we had it to ourselves both days. The breakfast is limited but we were not expecting any so anything was appreciated. Location is also excellent, set back off the main road a little so no road noise to keep us awake.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DarrellNI
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Darrell,

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Phoenix - Scottsdale. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We’re so glad that you enjoyed us so much you stayed an extra night! As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Tucson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Our company's schedule changed at the last minute. We had a couple of jobs come up and I had 3 employees that needed to head up to to the Scottsdale area. My plan was to reserve them rooms at the Extended Stay America where they've stayed before for out of town jobs. I was instructed to find a place where all 3 of them could stay in one room and stay for 3 nights. This particular hotel only had studios,however, they referred me over to the Extended Stay Deluxe which was only a couple miles away. They were helpful and provided with what we needed and what I asked for. The crew got what they needed to get done and I asked them how their room/stay was and they told me, "Job well done, it was perfect!".
Thank you ESD!

Room Tip: I looked up online to view and see my options, however, I felt more assured in my decision after spe...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience with Extended Stay Deluxe Phoenix - Scottsdale. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for your employees, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you and your crew here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Please do not fool people claiming you provide free breakfast. There is no breakfast (if coffee and some muffins bought from Walmart is not your definition of a breakfast). The rooms were pretty good, there is a small fee for changing/freshening up your linen, trash etc (which I am guessing is common for any extended stay). Again, you need to pay $10/day for a full clean up where as freshening up is $3/day. Nobody will wash your dishes; they do provide dishwasher and liquid. If you want to hand wash, you need to get your dish washing liquid from outside. There is TV and a DVD player, I was using redbox from nearby Fry's for some days of my leisure. Did not try the pool or the gym (not sure if they even have a gym). With all this said, the rooms were pretty spacious with a huge refrigerator and very good staff members too. The free wifi speed is so-so (you can upgrade to faster speeds if you are willing to spend more money out of your pocket).

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to publish a review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Phoenix - Scottsdale. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service and clean and comfortable accommodations, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff and your room.

We never want a guest to feel like his or her concerns go unheard, so I would like to take this opportunity to address your comments regarding the breakfast. I certainly understand your desire for more items on our Deluxe Mornings(tm) menu. Our current offerings are not designed to be a full blown breakfast, but more of an expanded coffee bar. We advertise it as just that, because we don't want anyone to be disappointed when they discover we don't have a full breakfast. Our Deluxe Mornings(tm) items include gourmet coffee, muffins, bagels, and fresh fruit. I wish that we had been able to communicate better to you exactly what we offer.

I apologize that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Was scared by last year's reviews, but encouraged by recent ones. Place was clean and carpeting in our unit, 207, looked new. Plates, glasses, cutlery, pots and pans and cooking utensils provided Need to bring your own dishwashing soap. Quiet room A/C. Bathroom is small and if sitting on toilet, the door will hit you knees. Vanity is big. Because all units have outside entrance, some noises in morning from other guests dragging their luggage to stairs. Close to shopping and about 5 miles to grocery store. Very good value for the area.

Room Tip: There is one elevator but it could be a long way from your room. Stairs are faster but it could be...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Phoenix/Scottsdale. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

San Jose, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

Was in a very excellent mood that morning. Went down to get the free coffee. I had no coffee in the room to brew so I brought the coffee pot down to the free continental breakfast. I filled the pot and a extra cup. I was waiting for the elevator and the next thing I know I was being reprimanded by Vince the clerk for filling my coffee pot. Made me feel like who is this guy. Free continental breakfast and being put in a bad mood for the start of the day. This guy needs some people skills. Overall the place is ok if you don't have to deal with Vince the jerk clerk. What I couldn't believe was that he was outside smoking a cigarette and saw me and had to re-enter the building just to rag on me. I am just lucky to have a even temperament. Not the way to start the day. So if you decide to say at this location make sure you have a even temperament also.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brian L
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Phoenix - Scottsdale. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.