“Good People Good Stay”

Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale
Ranked #72 of 76 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Being in the hospitality business, I critique my hotels like I critique my restaurants. It's more than just the amenities. A good place to stay, has good people. And this place has real good people. Heather, Borka and my go-to guy Vince are always polite, positive and help-full. They do even the little things like saying hi and bye every time with a smile. If you need suggestions for dinner or the local dry cleaner, these guys will lead you the right way. My man Nawaz, the maintenance man, is always there to help you with anything. Even if you just need help carrying your groceries upstairs. Thank you Extended stay, from a great "Stay"..

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that our staff was able to take care of all your needs. We strive to provide excellent customer service and to ensure that your stay is an enjoyable one.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

I got a room at this hotel cheap through Hotwire paying $38. For that price, it was worth it, it is not worth the full night price. Bed was comfortable and shower had good pressure, but the bathroom was not very clean and the linens had stains on them, ones that don't come out. Location was good for us as well as the price, probably would not go back. Breakfast is awful, don't expect to eat there. Staff was not particularly friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kcirtapp
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your room and the service our staff provided did not meet your expectations. I will be speaking with the entire staff about the importance of cleanliness and the best ways to acheive our company's standards for this. As well, I will be coaching them on how to provide great customer service.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at psc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

The bed was excellent. And for what u pay is a great place to stay. It is what it is. More then ok. And I would stay again. It was very central to all. We just found it hard to find.the kitchen was nice in our room. Oh but don't sleep on the pull out bed, they are all the same. Awful.

Room Tip: Any room is fine
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Selena - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The staff and I strive to provide all of our guests with clean rooms at great rates; I am so glad we were able to do this for you! Still, I am sorry that your sofa sleeper was unclean. Our housekeeping staff is looking into this issue and working to correct it.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Our experience was NOT the best, average, since the air conditioner did not work properly, improper wake up call and cleaniness was not very good.( pool was dirty in the morning).I would not stay at this hotel again and not recommned it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gregg w
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to complet our survey. I am very sorry we did not meet your expectations. Here at ExtendedStay America Scottsdale, believe in trying to make every guest feel as though this the their home away from home. I am sorry we failed in that mission. We take all of your comments very seriously in hopes to better ourselves as a staff. Again, thank you for taking the time to complete our survey, and I hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

I booked this for a place to stay business. I walked into a bad movie. I felt like the traveler in Oceans 13. Except, I didn't get sick. Walls are paper thin. Carpet has stains throughout the room. Cabinets couldn't be accessed (broken). Sleeping was almost impossible. I should've slept on a bus stop. It probably more quiet than the machine you would call a air conditioner. I wasn't even going to see the offering for breakfast. Thank God, Starbucks was around the corner.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank richnanners
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to complete our survey. We at Extended Stay America Scottsdale appreciate your feedback. We strive to make every guest experience and we failed in that mission with you. Your comments will be relayed to our staff to ensure that we are providing great service to each and every guest.Again, thank you for completing our survey and truly hope that you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

We were pleased with our accomodation. Was it perfect, no, but what hotel is? Reasonable price and we knew what the policies were about "Maid Service". Yes "Grab and Go" breakfast does not mean a 5 course meal. I chuckle the people who think that for $80 a night they deserve Buckingham Palace. Bed was hard and where was a musty odor in the stairways, but that's it for negative. Now for the good. It was clean, staff friendly and helpful, nice pool and jacuzzi, great location. We wll be back again next spring.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. We at Extendedstay Amverica Scottsdale, greatly appreciate your feedback. Please know that we strive to give each guest a great experience. Your comments will be relayed to the entire staff so that we may be able to provide you and all guests with great service everytime. Again, thank you for you completing our survey and we will see you next spring.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

I love that the room has a separate sitting area, so you feel like you are in a studio apartment instead of a hotel room. There are several grassy areas for walking a dog, and they put out a station with bags and a trash for cleaning up after your pet. Unfortunately, some people are not good visitors and don't clean up their pet's messes, but in the time I was there the hotel must be cleaning up because it didn't seem to stay on the ground for days.

The rooms are very quiet, and we didn't hear other people's talking, TV, or showers. They have LCD TVs, but unfortunately only limited stations to watch. The Internet speed is adequate for email and even to work, but if you want to stream any movies you'll need to upgrade to the paid Internet service. There are a lot of restaurants and shopping in close proximity. It is a great place to stay if you like to have a small kitchen (with a dishwasher) and do your own housekeeping.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey.Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable.. We will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at 480-483-1333.