“Leave the deluxe...”

Ranked #72 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Sint-Truiden, Belgium
“Leave the deluxe...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2010

When we arrived we were very nicely welcomed by a very nice girl behind the counter. We have no complaints about staff.
The hotel is outdated and old and surely not worth the name Deluxe.
The carpet in the room was very very dirty and when you walked barefoot, your feet will look like you walked a coal mine.
Airco is superload and can't be turned on during the night. The freezer is even loader when it cools. The kitchen is even more outdated then the hotel and there is almost no kitchen wear. We had three plates, two forks, two old dull knifes, two spoons from different size, one pan and one pot. That was it. Nothing else. I had to go out and buy a sharp knife to cut veggies or meat. No oven, just a microwave. and a terrible cookplate that heated too hot or not at all...
The bed was really bad. The mattress was hard and i could feel the springs in my back.
The smell in the elevator is terrible and it is very dirty overall in the hotel. Breakfast buffet is a laugh. Three pots of coffee and some donuts and rolls. A few pieces of fruit. All stuffed in a little one square meter room...
It was not a good hotel, the idea is good. They need a new cleaning lady and new equipment.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank felien28
Susanlarson, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this review, 4 June 2010
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Phoenix - Scottsdale. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2010

Only one bedroom! So one people sleep on the carpet.
Smelly Carpet!
There is kitchen inside, that is good!

Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2009

ESD in Phoenix/Scottsdale was one of the best Extended Stay Hotels that I have had the pleasure of staying at. I would recommend this hotel thighly. The staff was wonderful and the amenities were more than what I expected.

It was in a beautiful area, very convenient to shops and services, had outstanding room service and even a continental breakfast.

Families would also enjoy this hotel.

Exceptional value for the money.

Can't wait to stay at that particular facility again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Fort Lauderdale FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2009

On the 3rd leg of a cross country trip, I few in to Scottsdale, AZ see my Daughter. Upon arriving at the Extended Stay Inn their was a cguest in front of me with a credit card problem. After 3 unsuccessful attempts at credit card authorization, and an unhappy guest, she tried again charging one night. It went through! She wend further and assisted the guest with tips on how to resolve the credit card issue.
This young lady was obviously well trained and shown a visible concern for the unhappy guest.
When it was my turn at the counter, I was greeted with a chearful hello and a smile as if she had just started her shift. needless to say she treated me as if I was the only person in the hotel!
The room was more than expected. After a long afternoon of flight delays and traffic, I found the room clean and quite! I had a great stay.
I will be making my reservations with this hotel in Scottsdale as long as my Daughter is living there!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2009

Basic accomodations, minimal service, excellent price.

We reserved 2 queens, got 2 doubles. Kitchen had three of everything (plates, glasses, flatware).

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Minivandriver
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2008

After a strenuous day at the office; which I have to travel 2 hours to get to the office every Thursday, I wanted to stay somewhere where I could relax, watch TV, eat in, etc. Once I went online, the only available hotel with that option and did not have to pay too much money for a nights stay was the Extended Stary Deluxe in Scottsdale.

I drug myself in and was greeted by a great office worker with a smile and personality to match. At the hour it was, it surprised me that I was treated with such professionalism. I want to thank them for being there for me.....all the kitchen works so that I could run to a near by store and purchase a quick meal. I was able to do all that, kick my shoes off and relax in a clean, safe room and get a most needed restful sleep.

I would recommend all to stop by and see for yourself the service you receive. Great rooms with a kitchenette.

• Liked — The kitchette facility
  • Disliked — None that I could point out....it was great.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2008

Good:
Close to restaurants and great shopping, eg., Kierland Commons.
Nice area.
Fridge and microwave.

Not so good:
Air-conditioner very very noisy.
3-inch slit in leather chair.
Garbage disposer doesn't work.

• Stayed July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank shopper369q