“Poor housekeeping customer service”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Scottsdale
Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Our overall experience at this location was fine. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Nothing special. The front desk could have used another employee checking people in as it was a busy week. Free breakfast was your typical complimentary breakfast so that was nothing to write home about.

It was my experience after I checked out of the hotel that irked me. Upon checkout I forgot to remove a few items of clothing from the dresser drawers. I called when I realized I had left these items when I was on the road to the airport. I left a message with the front desk and they said they would return my call. 12 hours later instill had not received a call back so I phoned again. I asked them again about my clothing which the front desk attendant out me on a very brief hold to come back on the line to say "they had checked the room and found nothing and that I must be mistaken" (according to the housekeeper he had spoken to while I was I hold for all about 20 seconds). I responded with "so basically you are telling me you don't have my items and you aren't believing what I am saying". His response "there is nothing we can do for you". So either someone took my stuff or they were too lazy to check it out.

I would hope to get trustworthy customer service of staff anywhere I stay whether it is a four seasons or a la Quinta. So if you forget anything in your room don't expect to get it back!! I was very disappointed. And I am sure going to miss those awesome items I mistakenly left behind.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Thanks for your comments regarding our La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix - Scottsdale. We appreciate all of the feedback you provided. It concerns us that you didn't receive a prompt response to your inquiry of items left behind and we'd like to chat with you further about this issue. Would you please contact us at tripadvisor@laquinta.com so we can further discuss your situation? We appreciate your comments and look forward to hearing from you soon!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We found this hotel to be very comfortable and evidently well-managed. The room we had was 3rd floor, very quiet. The pool is heated - wonderful in cool evenings! Housekeeping and desk staff on the ball. The biggest drawback is that it's across Shea from most stuff, so walking to Sprouts, for example, is not far but you have to brave the traffic. Of course if you drive it's no big deal. Excellent hotel - I would definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank james c
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The staff was accommodating, and exceeded our expectations, Newer bldg. and upkeep
was 100% , excellent all the way around Thank-you Scottsdale LaQuinta The grounds are beautiful and the pool is very nice will definitely return a very welcoming stay
from western Pa

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank foxfire1Stoneboro
Reviewed 25 January 2014

When we were making our plans to head out to Arizona this past December we knew we had to find a location that was pet friendly. After lots of research we decided on this hotel. We were very happy to find out that they are indeed super dog friendly (I mean, no dog treats or dog beds like some of the "boutique" dog friendly places..but we didn't need all that). what we really liked was the nice size of the room, plenty of space for us and our medium sized dog to stay.

It was a decent value and the rooms were clean and well kept. It is close to some stores and places to eat so that is also nice.

We did have a hard time getting the temperature in the room to be consistent which made for odd sleep, but not too bad. :)

Room Tip: If you have a dog they might suggest having a room near an exit, only a good idea if your dog isn...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marianne S
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for 5 nights. This hotel had everything we needed. Beds were very comfortable and brooms were remarkably clean. Also, there was a small fridge in room. Staff were all friendly and location was so great. It seemed like it was a 10 minute drive to everything we needed, which was perfect for us. This hotel is just off the 101 which is the main highway. Next to the hotel is a gas station and a fast food restaurant and across the road (freeway) are many other stores. The breakfast was an average continental and I had no complaints. The Pool and surrounding courtyard was clean and well maintained

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DonnaVL
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Excellent location in addition to being a fair priced hotel in a high priced town! Limo service to and from Mayo and many local restaurants. Two clean places to walk the dogs, one grass, one gravel, Another LQ you can count on being reasonable, clean, and friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 5 January 2014

From check-in to check-out the stay at La Quinta in Scottsdale was excellent. The front desk person was very efficient and helpful. The room was good size and clean. The location fit my needs. Excellent hotel!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo