“Great Staff, Great Location”

Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale Old Town
Ranked #23 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great Staff, Great Location”
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed here a few times in June and July while we were moving to the area. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The hotel has a large outdoor pool, good sized bar, and good food for room service. Their location to Old Town is phenomenal. We would stay here again in the future without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Hampton, New Hampshire
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I stayed here for two weeks for a business trip. The hotel was spotless. The staff was friendly and helpful. My room was large, comfortable and had all of the amenities that I could possibly need for a two-week stay for business.
The restaurant in the lobby was good. They had a chef who made omelettes, or anything that we wanted. There were times that it was a bit loud since the restaurant is wide open in the lobby. There's no wall to separate it, so incoming and outgoing guests were everywhere. There's little privacy. Other than that minor issue, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I was able to walk quickly through Old Town and go to other restaurants, shops and parks. It's a great place, and a lot of fun. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Bills_Journal
Reviewed 31 July 2011

My cousin & I stopped here on our way to Texas from Los Angeles & this was by far our best hotel experience! The rooms were fabulous & the service was great! I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I stayed here with a group of friends in middle July on a golf trip and we came to this hotel after a rather bad experience at the Gainey Suites. We used an AAA rate of $59/night and that's tough to beat.

Reception: Our welcome was solid and I was welcomed as a Hilton Honors member. The front desk clerk was extremely helpful with local area restaurant suggestions and even gave us a few coupons to a local mexican restaurant.

Parking: Parking is free. I would recommend using the parking garage in the middle of summer so your vehicle is out of the hot sun. When you pull into the hotel parking lot, the entrance will be on your right. There is plenty of parking down there and the hotel offers an elevator to the lobby.

Room quality: This is your typical HGI room. Very simple, BUT clean. If you want a resort room with a living room, a kitchen and chocolate fountain, you probably won't find it here :) There are mini fridges in each room along with an office desk.

Hotel breakfast: If you are not Gold or Diamond, you won't get a free breakfast. If you are, they will give you a coupon for 2 people each day. The breakfast was the average spread for this type of hotel. They have a hot area so you can get eggs, etc.

There is a restaurant in the hotel, but we didn't eat there. The pool is an ok size, but doesn't have a slide or anything else that kids may enjoy. Also, the hotel is at an intersection in the Old Town Scottsdale area, but the walls around the pool are high enough so you aren't watching traffic (and they aren't watching you). Note that alcohol is not allowed at the pool unless you purchase drinks from the restaurant/bar. They also have a spa/hot tub in the pool area.

The location is pretty solid. There are multiple restaurants in walking distance including Dos Gringos, which is one of the places we had dinner at. It's a neat mexican place and worth a try if you like that type of food. I'd recommend the shrimp baja tacos.

Overall, I would recommend staying here if you can get a cheap rate. If you are a AAA member, definitely use that to your advantage. I don't feel this hotel is worth spending a lot of money ($125/night or more), so if that is the price you finding, look around elsewhere in the area. I was definitely satisified spending $59/night.

Room Tip: Use the parking garage in the summer!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank TheTrillium
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I've always liked Hilton Garden Inns when I've stayed there and this one was no exception. It is located in a very nice area of Old Town Scottsdale. The area feels very safe and the hotel has underground parking so your car is not roasting when you get in. The pool area was nice as well.

The staff was super friendly! I was there a week and after 2 days my A/C in the room stopped working. I let them know on the way out and when I checked with the front desk when I got back they had already upgraded me to a suite as they couldn't get it fixed.

Although not a big city with everything in walking distance like NYC, there are a lot of restaurants around if you take a look and the front desk will be happy to help you.

Overall, this hotel did not disappoint and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Shaker Heights, Ohio
Reviewed 15 June 2011

My family was looking for a comfortable, clean and reasonable priced place to spend the night before heading off to Sedona the next day. We were very pleased with the Hilton Garden InnScottsdale Old Town. This hotel was just what you'd expect from a typical Hilton Garden Inn except for one thing...the beds were EXTREMELY comfortable. Each had a "choose your own comfort" switch allowing each guest to choose how firm, or how soft the mattress should be. Quite honestly I had a better night sleep there than I do at home!! Breakfasts were terrific....the chef cooked omelettes to order, there was a wide assortment of breads, rolls, cereals, pastries, french toast, etc. etc. Being with our extended family of 11 it is fair to say everyone, including the kids left happy and satisfied. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. BTW..lots of good restaurants and shops within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Rummy123
sweden
Reviewed 15 June 2011

We boked our room on the internet and had a great price, about 80 dollars or so for a double with breakfast. The breakfast was one of the best ever! Hilton hotels always have great breakfast and this one was exceptional. The room was very big with a view. Internet was free. However the staff didn't seem very friendly. Well, it was very hot but still ... Apart from one girl who helped with all info needed. The pool and the SPA are excellent! The location excellent. We just loved it! Warmly recommend it! Would go back despite the moody staff!

Room Tip: try to get a booklet with the hotel discounts
  • Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple