The hotel was under construction when we arrived. I do not mind a business renovating, but this should have been mentioned on their website. The floors were tore up, the air smelt of tile saw-dust, and there was only one, very slow working elevator. Most of the lobby was shut off and guests had to be re-routed to access the front desk and elevator. Had I known this prior I would not have stayed here. At check in, my credit card was charged and additional $25 above the price I had reserved the room for. Tax had already been included in the cost and the hotel staff could not determine what the extra charge was for. It was later credited back to my account, but I was never told an explanation as to why they would charge ANYTHING extra without my authorization and I hadn't even see the room yet. When we got to our room, it wreaked of sewage. I'm not normaly one to complain, I thought opening the windows for a bit would help. It did not. That, combined with the fact that the elevator was right next to our bed on the other side of the wall, I knew this was not going to be the romantic getaway I had planned. It is now nearly 10:30 at night and we are tired from traveling all day. We went to the lobby and requested another room, thankfully the lady was able to find one, which turned out to be much better. Still found hair in the bathtub, but at this point I wasn't surprised. The rest of the night went well thankfully. Although I will say there is a bit of false advertisement on their part- the 1 bedroom King Suite with whirlpool tub looks nothing like the pictures on their website.
We had been told that a free continental breakfast would be served in the morning. So after looking out our window and seeing the rather pleasant patio setting they had set up, we went down to partake. There were two sections laid out, a gentleman preparing custom omelets, and a buffet style row of tables with rolls, fruits, eggs, hash-browns, sausage, bagels and the likes. Everybody was helping themselves and seating themselves on the patio. We did the same. Everything was pretty good, except the eggs, they must've been made with water it seemed like. At the end of our meal a hotel staff member asked if we would like the bill now, or to be tacked onto the room charge. I was shocked as we were told it was free and we did not partake in the custom omlet booth as you very obviously were supposed to pay for that. When I questioned him as to why we were being charged, he simply said, the "hot" food was not included in the free continental breakfast. So the disgusting eggs that neither of us finished and two pieces of sausage cost us $17. What a SCAM! They were intentionally laid out in trays right along side the bounty of other items that were "free" with no separation or even staff member to tell you the difference! We paid the bill and immediately checked out, I had had enough of this hotel and it's gimmicks to waste one more minute there. It's such a shame that what could be a good thing is ruined by lack of quality and care. I have stayed with Hilton hotels before, and this is a first, but I will seriously question ever using the brand again if this is allowed to persist unchecked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and enjoy spacious accommodations, a relaxed atmosphere, and true Southwestern hospitality at the Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale Old Town. Whether you're a Baby Boomer, Gen X, or Millennial, we're perfectly located to experience all Scottsdale attractions, as we are the only Hilton family of brands hotel within walking distance to new trendy restaurants, craft brew houses, upscale shopping, energetic nightclubs, unique galleries and shops, Scottsdale Stadium, and Scottsdale Center for the Arts in Old Town. Enjoy resort style amenities without resort prices, such as BLVD Kitchen & Bar. Patio with two fire pits, a small putting green, and an outdoor resort style pool. Work out in the fully equipped fitness center, featuring cardio machines and weights. Indulge in a tasty cooked-to-order breakfast each morning of your stay or pick up snacks from the 24-hour Pavilion Pantry(R) or enjoy room service and dine in your guest room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale Old Town Hotel Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Scottsdale
- Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale Old Town Arizona