Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - North
The Scott Resort & Spa(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$193
US$214
US$181
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Hotel Valley Ho(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$118
  • Pool
The McCormick Scottsdale(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$272
US$96
US$78
Priceline
Gainey Suites Hotel(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$131
Travelocity
All reviewsroom cleanedvery clean hotelnice place to staybed was comfortablestove
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Apparently some previous reviewers are ignorant of the extended stay motel concept. These places are not loaded with amenities, they don't have daily maid service. They are aimed towards those of us working in an area for a while who just seek the basics at a low price.

This place was very satisfactory for that category. It is located in an office park not easily seen from the main street (N. Scottsdale Rd.), but there is no road noise and lots of parking. A basic small office; after 11pm you use an outdoor phone to call a person to check you in or whatever. Rooms are basic Motel 6 type but with a kitchenette for those who want to cook for themselves; but there are many resturants nearby from McDonalds to Mortons, Capital Grill, etc. A 24 hour Dennys about 1 mile S.

My room was clean and comfortable, smelled clean (I'm a non-smoker), everything worked OK and my rate per night with no discounts was $49.99 plus $7.47 in taxes = $57.46. There was no shampoo, but I lived to tell the tale.There is a charge of $4.99 for WiFi which had a strong signal on my iPhone (the $4.99 is for each stay regardless of how long the stay is). You can bring your towels to the office and get new ones any time, for $5 they'll reset your room with your existing sheets, for $10 they'll fully reset your room. Rooms with one pet allowed are $25 extra a night up to a max of $150.

PS: for those just horrified by this place there's a Four Seasons just up the street starting at $350 a night.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Lawrence S
Reviewed 5 March 2011

When traveling on a budget, one likes to find a nice place to staywithout having to spend a fortune. This place fits that bill perfectly. While this hotel is an older one, it has been kept up nicely by the operators. When I first arrived, I was greeted witha smile, and the Front Desk staffed really seemed happy I had chosen to stay at their hotel. The lobby is small, and there were several other guests waiting to check in, and even though I had to wait to check in, the staff was effieceint, and really hustled to get to everybody as quickly as possible. When I finally I got checked in and got to the room I discovered the room had yet to be cleaned. The staff was very apolgetic, and corrected the situation as quick as they could, but the room they transfered me to had wet carpet. I must have caught them on carpet cleaning day! The room itself was adequate. Nothng too fancy, but clean and comfortable. A real great value for the money. They do not provide a daily housekeeping service, which is okay. Even at home I don;t change the linens every day, so that was not a big deal. Staying just a few days, it worked out nicely. There is one major drawback, though. Their address shows them on Scottsdale Road,but they are actually on a side street, about a block from the major street,making it hard to find. A great value for the money, and prossibly the cheapest rates in Scottsdale.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ArizonaKnightWolf
Susanlarson, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2011

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Scottsdale. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed 1 March 2011

I wish I had read the Feb 13 review before we checked in. This will teach me. Upon checking in we were informed that there is no maid service so we would have to bring dirty towels back to the office each day to exchange for new ones. This was the highlight of my stay. We opened the door to the nastiest smelling room imaginable. The carpets were so dirty i was afraid for my new shoes. The mattresses (smaller than double, I believe) appeared to be sitting on plywood frames and squeaked upon each move throughout the endless nights. The residents next door seemed permanent and played guitar hero until 3 a.m. Of course, there were no amenities, not even a plastic cup in the bathroom to brush your teeth. I won't even mention the cracked mirror, sticky bathroom floor or no shower curtain liner.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank jlamb
Reviewed 13 February 2011

This place is old and tired. The room smelled like an ashtray. Bed was hard and smelly. Room was dirty in general. Bathroom was terrible. No shampoo, no amenities. Place is noisy, maids are noisy and the staff could care less. Stay away from this place. It's a dump.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank csolsen2
Susanlarson, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2011

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Scottsdale. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Reviewed 11 December 2009

Crosslands is the cheaper version of Extended Stay. It is like a standard hotel room with the bathroom vanity area converted with a small sink, stove top, and dorm sized refrigerator. They have exterior entrances instead of the Extended stay design. I had just stayed at a Crosslands in another state (and have stayed at several Extended Stays). When I went to check in here and inquired about this the desk clerk said she had never heard of Crosslands and did not know what I was talking about. I was early for check in (around 1:30 instead of 3:00) and was told that I'd have to come back "sometime later in the day" as no rooms were ready.
The reception area was cluttered and it did not look very clean, although I can't say how clean the rooms were.
My opinion is that the price was too high for the size and quality of the rooms, so I canceled my reservation and went elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank travelalotArizona
Susanlarson, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2010

TravelalotArizona, thank you for taking the time to detail your impression of the Extended Stay America Phoenix-Scottsdale. I’m glad to hear that you’ve experienced our hotels before, but am disappointed that your most recent experience at one of our locations in Phoenix was not satisfactory. Please accept my genuine apology for that, as well as my gratitude for being able to clarify the distinctions between our different brands.

Extended Stay Hotels has five brands, and you are right that Extended Stay America and Crossland Economy Studios are two of those brands. Although most of Extended Stay America brand hotels have interior room entrances, we do have some locations, like the Extended Stay America Phoenix – Scottsdale, which have exterior room entrances. However, the rooms at our Scottsdale location do not resemble a typical Crossland Economy Studios room. Instead, the rooms at this hotel resemble a typical Extended Stay America room, come complete with full refrigerators and a larger kitchen and living area, as well as queen, king, and double bed room options.

I am also sorry that the reception area did not meet our everyday quality standards. Providing guests with clean, comfortable, as well as affordable accommodations is our goal, which is why the appearance of our lobbies is important to me. I have brought your comments to the attention of our staff and we will redouble our efforts in this area.

Finally, let me also apologize that we were unable to check you in early. Although we do make an effort to accommodate special requests, it is, unfortunately, not always possible to allow an early check in. Please understand that we have chosen a check-in time that allows us to completely prepare each room prior to making it available to our guests.

I do hope that the next time you are in the Phoenix area, you will take a tour of one of our rooms at the Extended Stay America Phoenix-Scottsdale, and see if it meets your expectations. It would certainly be our pleasure to have you as our guest here or at any of our other Extended Stay Hotels location.