“Best Value in Scottsdale”

Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - North
Ranked #71 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
OKC
“Best Value in Scottsdale”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

A bit nicer than I expected - - I selected the king suite - - these are a bit limited and a little more expensive than the double queen - but are also a slight bit larger inside. Smoking is not permitted inside the rooms - and fortunately I could detect no odor of those sticks of death in the room I was assigned. I also specified a room that had NOT been used for folks with pets - no puppy odor was detected there either. There was a full size fridge in the room - a very nice feature compared to the stinky little 1.5 or 2 sq-ft boxes commonly found. A 2-burner electric range, sink, and microwave rounded out the facilities. There was a toaster and a 4-cup coffee maker on the counter. There were pots, pans, cups, plates, knives, forks, spoons, and a can opener. Bed was comfortable, cable TV with 2 showtime channels. 2 wooden chairs and a lounger. There were only 5 hangers - but the friendly office staff came up with a couple more. THere is also a grab & go breakfast (coffee, tea, granola snack, fruit) available each morning. WiFi is also complimentary for your internet connections (iPhone/iPad/laptop) with 'high speed' available for additional cost {I found the free connection adequate for E-Mail and surfing - but if you demand HD streaming video - you may need an upgrade)
Things you will need: hair dryer, corkscrew, dish soap, dish sponge/scrubbie, and whatever else for the fridge. Fortunately there is a fully stocked Walmart less than a mile away. I also found having brought my GPS was invaluable in the rental car.
This is NOT a 'luxury' facility - - however - - it was as advertised, and was all I needed. It was ALSO less than HALF the price of the Kierland Resort where my conference was located (0.7 mile away), and significantly less than Courtyard or other similar facilities. There were adequate towels in the room for at least a week, and I am accustomed to making my own bed and cleaning up after myself - so the provision of only weekly room service was not a problem (it is also clearly specified on the web site). In ANY facility such as this - - I always wash the dishes once BEFORE I use them - - don't you ?? In any event - the dishes as provided appeared spotless on arrival.
I ALWAYS look in a room before moving in - - I think if mr ArizonaAkaSapo had done this, and requested a more satisfactory room, his stay would have been acceptable.
Overall - the facility was a bit better than expected - and IMHO - represents a great value - particularly at 'peak season' in Scottsdale.

Room Tip: The single King bed rooms are slightly larger. I also requested a room on the third (top) floor to a...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - North, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am happy to hear that your stay with us met your needs and that there were no smoking smells in your room. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at pxa@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

I don't know what others are looking for in a place to reside in but I just want something simple with good people who work there and help make my stay enjoyable. First, this is NOT the Four Seasons so don't expect that when you stay here. Expect a clean facility where the manager and his staff help you with anything to the best of their ability. That is what I received from Chris, (Manager), Logan (assistant manager), Brian, Francisco and the rest of the staff. They honestly make you feel like family and that's what it's all about. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!! I want to thank Chris and Logan for making my stay awesome and also, the rest of the staff was great too.!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank RamondoStallings
We would like to extend our thanks for your great review of Extended Stay America Scottsdale North. We are very pleased that you have been enjoying our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable accommodations to all our guests stay after stay. We are very pleased when guests recognize us for our efforts and we in turn get great pleasure in knowing we succeeded in our mission. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

My wife was having major surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale and we needed a place for her to recover close by the hospital in case there were complications. We figured, incorrectly, that Extended Stay would have an acceptable quality facility. The pictures online looked good, they had a decent rate for a 7-night stay and they had an available unit which is difficult to find at this time of year in AZ. We had never stayed at an Extended Stay facility so we gave it a shot.

I'll get the only positives out of the way first:
1. Free wifi
2. If you're staying for at least 7 nights for the weekly rate and you want the cheapest place you can find in this area this is probably it.

Negatives:

1. This "hotel" was filthy, inside and out. It's grimy, dirty and dingy. Our room was disgustingly filthy. We wouldn't even use the few eating utensils that were provided. I went to a Target store and bought some silverware, glasses and bowls.

2. There were dark red splatters of some liquid on the wall and the ceiling of our room. My wife said she hoped that wasn't blood. The carpet in our room was disgusting. We wouldn't even walk on it barefooted it was so dirty.

3. When we entered the room we discovered there was no chair in the room other than the two small hard wood dining chairs. We asked three different times of three different employees, including the manager, if we could get a sitting chair in our room. We were told the rooms were tight, which they were, to put in a chair but we said we'd find the space because we had to be able to sit down. They all said, "we'll see what we can do". We never got a reply from anyone and never got a chair.

4. This place allows animals in the room so there is a stuffy pet odor. We propped the door open during the day for fresh air. Twice during the night the dog in the room next to us barked for about an hour at 2AM. We reported this to the manager. Nothing was done. It was more of a dog hotel than a people hotel.

5. Trash cans were placed in the stairwells and half the time they overflowed with pizza boxes and beer cans.

6. There is no soap provided in the "kitchen" or the bathroom so take your own if you stay here.

7. Twice car alarms went off early in the morning. On a Sunday morning at 6:10AM a car alarm went off in the parking lot below us and staying on for almost 20 minutes

8. The laundry room was gross. We took our laundry to a pay facility off premises.

9. The "Grab and Go" breakfast consists of coffee, apples, oranges and a fruit bar. They have instant oatmeal packets but only small styrofoam cups so no way to eat the oatmeal. Almost worthless.

After a few days we figured out that this hotel is mainly used by day laborers and construction workers who are shipped in for local construction jobs. Many of them were smokers and to pass the time they'd drink beer and smoke in the corridors. The other guests appeared to be dog owners who needed a place that would take dogs because there were a lot of dogs!

We stay in a lot of hotels, mostly internationally, and I can honestly say that this is the worst hotel experience we've every had. The couple of reviews of this hotel that gave it 4 and 5 stars must be living in another universe. Don't believe those reviews! We would have moved to another place but this is high season for golf in Scottsdale and baseball spring training was going on and almost all the nicer places in Scottsdale were booked solid. I can only blame myself for this experience because I usually check Trip Advisor before booking a hotel and this time I didn't. Shame on me...lesson learned. If you book this dump don't say you weren't warned.

Room Tip: My only tip is DON'T stay here!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank WorldQuester
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - North, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that your stay did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apology. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at pxa@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Macon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

This is a very clean hotel in a safe environment. Great location and great management.
Don't feel as if you are in a hotel it is so nice. Stayed here for a week in January for the last
4 years. Centrally located to eating, movie theaters, car auctions, shopping and grocery stores.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - North, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that my staff went out of their way for you and that you were happy with your accommodations . Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

This is what I needed for my stay - a no frills room with friendly/helpful staff close to my meeting location. My meeting went from early morning until late at night so I wanted the best price in the area for sleeping. The kitchen had everything I needed and the room was clean. I will book the Extended Stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank P W
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - North, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our location and rooms have many of the amenities you need while traveling. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
El Paso, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

No frills motel - no extras of any kind. But the price was the best in Scottsdale. Staff was friendly and helpful. Kitchen was well equipped. Frig was clean and had plenty of room. Price attracts bottom feeders, smokers, etc. That's the downside. It's not a family place - it's for working people or, in our case, patients at the Mayo Clinic.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hadley R
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - North, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our staff took care of your needs and you found the room clean and comfortable. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

I booked this hotel for 1 night thinking it would at least be decent. Well, I was sorry I did after entering my room. The furniture is old, peeling and the place is noisy. There is no shampoo and conditioner which is standard for hotels. I was on the second floor and some folks above me were fighting, screaming and stomping on the floor to the point that I could feel the vibration in my room. If you REALLY need something cheap then this hotel is for you but don't expect anything more than that. It was quite sad to see a hotel of such poor quality in North Scottsdale near the Keirland shopping area which is an upscale area.

Room Tip: Can't think of any.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank S S
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet all of your needs. To prevent this from happening again, my team has reviewed your comments and we are making plans to correct the issues you brought up. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pxa@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.