“Excellent stay at the Courtyard Mariott”

Courtyard Scottsdale North
Ranked #51 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersGold level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Excellent stay at the Courtyard Mariott”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel while in town on my business trip and I can honestly say my experience here was nothing short of wonderful. I was able to get great rest because the rooms are very clean and well taken care of. Also, during my stay at this hotel I had dinner at the Bistro almost every night and the staff was great. The two staff members taking care of me were named Scott and Katelyn. Katelyn was so nice and polite, she made me feel right at home and besides being very nice as well, Scott was extremely helpful. He made excellent food suggestions, every meal I ate here was delicious, and he makes a great margarita! I would recommend the bistro to anyone as an excellent place to grab a drink or bite.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Morgan C
Courtyard N, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you for your amazing review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and especially that our stellar Bistro staff members, Scott and Katelyn, were able to provide you with great service. We are extremely lucky to have the staff we do, that takes extreme measures to provide excellect customer care. Please visit us again soon for another Margarita with Scott.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed here for two nights on the tail end of our Grand Canyon trip, to be closer to the airport and to see some family in the area. The hotel is very clean, the pool was nice and the staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. I do think that, for the money, I could have found a less expensive hotel, especially during the "off season". It's possible that $200 per night (with AAA discount) is the going rate in North Scottsdale, but I do wish I would have researched pricing and other options a little more. I feel that for that price, breakfast should be complimentary, which it wasn't. We also had a cocktail from the bar downstairs and $11 for a bloody mary with only a celery garnishment is highway robbery, to be frank.

If price is not a concern, this hotel is definitely recommended as it is nice. I will definitely research more next time and see if this truly is the best value. I rate this hotel as average based on the fact that it met my expectations.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Courtyard N, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share feedback of our hotel. We are glad that you had an opportunity to meet some staff and utilize some amenities. North Scottsdale is very seasonal and it is priced with the market. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly with any rate concerns in the future to inquire about the season or any special events that may be happening in Scottsdale. We also have multiple Marriott brands that include breakfast such as the Springhill and Residence Inn brands. We hope you otherwise enjoyed your visit to Arizona!
McHenry, Illinois
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We chose this location as it was central for the people we were visiting. The staff at this hotel are very welcoming and accommodating. We met several of them during our stay, and all are equally professional yet friendly. Tabitha checked us in, Frank offered to dive us places we wanted to go, and Lori the manager sent up a fan to our room without us officially asking for it. (We only inquired if the hotel had a box fan.) Tiffany gave us directions to needed locations. The Bistro has a nice selection of al a carte food, and the pool area is large and the water was warm. There was a hot tub that we did not have a chance to use. The entire hotel was clean, and the décor up to date. Our room with 2 queen beds was big enough to walk around in, and the sheets were soft, not scratchy. The bathroom was modern with nice amenities (Paul Mitchell). The refrigerator in the room was a nice surprise. This hotel offers free internet. We wanted for nothing! I hope to make it back to Scottsdale soon and would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool. It was quiet and nice to look out.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for taling the time to review our property. I am so glad that you had the opportunity to meet some of our staff and experience some of our amenities! We pride ourselves in our cleanliness and our personalized guest experience! Hopefully on your next visit you can try the hot tub! We look forward to your next visit to Scottsdale!
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Whoever does the hiring deserves a Gold Star. We've never stayed at a place with so many friendly, courteous, smiling staff. Great spotless, quiet rooms with great beds. Nice fire pit to sit by in the evening and great breakfast choices. And lots of dining choices close by. We will be back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Courtyard N, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback! We value our tripadvisor rating and take our feedback seriously and communicate it to our entire staff! We take great pride in our cleaning procedures and appreciate you noticing our hard work. We are glad you were able to take advantage of our fire pit and close dining options. We always have some staff favorites so please feel free to ask one of us on your next visit to Scottsdale!!!
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed 21 January 2014

First time at this Courtyard on far north Scottsdale Road. This was the perfect location for a combination of business and family time. Lots of dining choices within just a mile of the hotel. The staff was very warm and welcoming. The bistro staff soon recognized my wife and son and always took great care of them. The weather was perfect and our son enjoyed the pool every day. The room was clean and comfortable. I will make this choice on future visits to the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Courtyard N, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Thank you very much for your wonderful review of our hotel property. We are ecstatic that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I will relay to the staff that their hard work and general dedication was noticed and appreciated. We strive to provide each guest with clean rooms, great service with a smile and that home away from home feeling. We look forward to serving you on your next visit.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I usually stay across the street at the Residence Inn, and I don't know why after staying here on my last visit. The hotel is immaculate, and the staff are excellent and very friendly. The firepit is great, but I really wish they'd remove the ashtrays from all over the pool deck. One cigarette can ruin the whole atmosphere out there for non-smokers.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Courtyard N, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Happy New Years!!! Thank you for your great review of our wonderful hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. The firepit outside is one of my favorite amenities in the hotel, so I am very happy that you were able to use it. I will pass along to my staff regarding your comment about the ashtrays by the pool. We hope that you come and join us very soon.
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 22 December 2013

The location is tops! On busy Scottsdale Road just north of Bell / Frank Lloyd Wright, but set back in a shaded area away from much of the noise. Buffered by vacant land on the south and a quiet apartment village on the west with an equally nice Springhill Suites next door to the north.

Our room was very nice. Clean and comfortable. Housekeeping was a bit hit and miss but the manager quickly fixed the deficiencies and gave us Marriott Rewards points for our inconvenience.

No free breakfast but the Bistro in the lobby provides good food and Starbucks coffee. A bit pricy, but their service and the convenience make it a good value.

Lots of nearby restaurants. Special rates for Mayo Clinic patients and their families. If they are full, try the Springhill Suites adjacent, the Fairfield Inn about a mile south, or the somewhat pricy Resident Inn across Scottsdale Road.

Room Tip: Avoid the west end as that's where the trash dumpsters are located and they empty them around 4...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Courtyard N, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very fortunate to have such a great location, near restaurants and attractions galore. We hope you have a Merry Christmas Holiday and join us again soon.