“Nice Hotel for the price”

Courtyard Scottsdale North
Ranked #51 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersGold level
Mesa, Arizona, Usa
“Nice Hotel for the price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I did a staycation for the weekend. We stayed at this Courtyard and it was a very nice the rooms we clean and the front desk was very polite. We would stay here again. And we could not pass up the price per night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Courtyard N, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for your generous review of our hotel. During the summer, we are happy to lower our rates and embrace our leisure guests and travelers. Next time you find yourself in the area, please visit us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

With businesses in New York & Los Angeles, and residence Sedona, AZ, I have many meetings in the North Scottsdale area close to the airport, and business infrastructure.

When ever in Scottsdale on business and require a private business friendly hotel. The Staff at this Courtyard Marriott shines beyond even the higher end Marriott hotels in the area. During the day and evening many local business interest also have discovered this hotel as a prime meeting location.

Furthermore, from David, Frank, Tiffany, or any of the other staff, they provide the business traveler the finest of attention, and know when to leave one alone to think about the business deal your working on.

This Courtyard & it's team succeeds where others only place. It comes with my highest recommendation, as it will yours.
Best Regards, David M

Room Tip: Show up! All the rooms are good. Smile!
Green Features: They were excellent! The entire operation's synergy is foundational to it's high standard of service.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Courtyard N, Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel! We do everything we can to take care of our guests and we are so glad that you took the time to let us know how much our staff took care of you! We will definitely pass this information on to our team so they can be recognized for their efforts. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next visit to Scottsdale!
El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stopped in late night to get some sleep on our way from Disneyland and everything seemed fine check in was easy and the night girl was super nice. The room looked clean at a glance but as we were laying down watching TV a spider crawled onto my son's pillow. Not wanting to make a big deal I killed it but after a while we started to feel itchy and decided to see if it was at all possible to switch rooms. The night girl was very pleasant and brought up new room keys and also advised that she was offering a complimentary breakfast for the spider but after checking out I noticed there was a charge of about 20$ on my credit card so I called to ask why the charge had not been credited yet and a very rude gentlemen told us that the charge was placed because there was "6 of us" and "what was I trying to get out of this". He was extremely offensive and never apologized or tried to help in any way. At no time did I ask for anything free I just really wanted to change rooms because my child very afraid of spiders and there was only 4 of us two adults and two children who barely ordered anything. I will never stay there again reading other reviews extra charges is something they do here. I have tried calling to get the extra charge issue resolved and was told I would get a call back but that was days ago I still have no heard from management.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank cris8701
We apologize for your experience as this is not the normal experience at all for our hotel. We have high service and cleanliness standards. Thank you for letting us know about your stay.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I am a business traveler and spend a lot of nights in hotels. This hotel was above average in every way. Great room, great price, but most importantly, GREAT PEOPLE. I didn't use the pool, but it looks well maintained and the people who were using it seemed happy. The workout room is nice and everything went well. Stay here, you will be happy.

Green Features: Typical Marriott property, very "green" if you want to be.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Courtyard N, Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us and how much you enjoyed it! Our staff truly is our best asset and we are so pleased to know that they took such great care of you while you stayed with us. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Scottsdale!
Acworth, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Checked in and the young lady at the front desk was great. Room was nice and relaxing. Woke up the next morning to a room charge for food of $16. I was by myself and did not eat at the hotel. I went to check out and a very rude gentleman said they would have check the restaurant's receipts from the night before. He did not believe me and made it apparent. I trusted it would be handled. Just checked my credit card and I now I have 2 food charges. By the way I stay at many Marriott's and this by far was the worst experience.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Eric P
Courtyard N, Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us in Scottsdale. We apologize for the incorrect charges on your card during your stay and would be happy to take care of those for you. If you could please call us at (480) 922-8400 or email us at scottsdalecourtyard@gmail.com so we can get a little more information from you, we will take care of it immediately. We hope to see you next time you are in Arizona!
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed here for three days for business while in town. Rooms were very clean, staff was great, location is a plus near the interchanges, but far enough away not to be affected by noise. Only complaint, and not a big one, is that I'm a soda drinker in the morning and for two of the days no diet or regular soda available in the hotel....really...can this happen. Will stay here in the future but will ask when I check in about my morning caffeine kick.

Room Tip: ask about a room facing the pool
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay at our hotel! We appreciate your great comments about our rooms and our staff! We will keep our Pepsi and Starbucks coffee available for your next trip to Scottsdale!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed here a week ago and I love it there! Tiffany and the hotel staff were great! I love the pool area and the room had a patio which made it great for relaxing. I will always stay at this hotel when I come back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Courtyard N, Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale North, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you so much for telling us about your recent stay with us! We will pass your review on to Tiffany and the entire staff! Please come and enjoy our pool and hotel again this summer!