I just returned from a long weekend with my family; we went down for some baseball and, after a couple of years at the Residence Inn Paradise Valley, we decided to move closer to the action. Great decision! We were a 5 minuite walk from Scottsdale Stadium and a 10 minute walk to Old Town. We were also only one long block to'Albertsons and two long blocks to Defalco's Italian Deli(hey, we can't eat ballpark food all the time!)
The lobby area is very nice and the room was a nice studio suite with a low wall separating the bed from a sitting area. The beds themselves were very comfortable and the window even openend! As it was unseasonably warm, we used both the open windows and the A/C extensively.
The continental beakfast was nothing to write home about; one day, in addition to the waffles and hard boiled eggs, there was odd looking eggs and bacon, another day was biscuits and gravy and another day was "omlettes" and ham. The coffee however, was very good. (My sister said it was the best hotel coffee she's ever had.)
The parking is free and extensive and free wireless is availalble all throughout the hotel. If you don't have your own computer, there is one in the lobby.
Since no place is perfect, here is the one down side. The pool is not inviting. First, it's rare to have an indoor pool in Scottsdale and we really missed an outdoor pool. The pool area ceiling is low, it's noisy and it smells of chlorine. There is a tiny, charmless, souless area outside that has a spa(broken) and some chairs and that's it. My sister compared it to a prison yard. A potted palm or a plant would go a long way towards adding to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Have a great stay at the Comfort Suites® Old Town Scottsdale hotel in Scottsdale, AZ! This is an all-suites hotel near Scottsdale Stadium, which is an MLB spring training ballpark. This smoke-free, family-suite Scottsdale hotel is ideal for your Arizona vacation, as we are conveniently close to several of the top Phoenix attractions, including Desert Botanical Garden and Taliesin West, home of famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright. Baseball fans appreciate that this is a hotel near spring-training stadiums; golfers are glad that this is a hotel near championship golf courses; and auto-racing fans are happy that this is a hotel near Phoenix International Raceway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Comfort Suites Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Old Town Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Comfort Suites Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Old Town Scottsdale, Arizona