“Overall good hotel”

Comfort Suites Old Town
Ranked #57 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 2 February 2014

This moderately priced hotel is located in a great place to travel many directions around the surrounding areas. The hotel was very clean, room was nice and well done. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was good and lots of choices. I am single staying at the hotel four nights in a way comfortable bed. I would recommend this hotel if you want to be a touch thrifty yet have a great location with a clean room experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Holly M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Greetings from beautiful Scottsdale, Singleguy77!

On behalf of the staff of the Comfort Suites Scottsdale, thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Scottsdale. We were truly honored to have been of service!

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay with us. We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our friendly staff were able to help make your stay more enjoyable. As always, please feel free to reach out to me with anything you'd like to share, either positive or negative, that helped to impact your stay. This will help us to continue to improve our services and amenities.

Once again, thank you for staying and reviewing. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Scottsdale!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

This seems to be a nicely run motel in downtown Scottsdale. It's so close to the major restaurants and shops that in cool weather it's an easy walk. Otherwise, there's a bus that runs up and down Scottsdale Road, and if you want to go into Phoenix, just take this bus south to Tempe and catch the light rail to downtown Phoenix. My room had a small fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The motel also served a free continental breakfast. The bed was comfortable and there were 2 varieties of pillows to choose from, soft and firm. Parking was free plus there's an indoor pool, small gym and coin laundry. You can print an airline boarding pass at the lobby computer. If you're driving up from Tempe, move quickly into the curb lane just after Thomas and follow in an arc to your right.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Hello Zoom_Gotti, and greetings from sunny Scottsdale!

I wanted to take a moment, and thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Scottsdale. We do know that there are many hotels in Scottsdale, and we were delighted that you chose to stay with us!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us for other travelers. Whether positive or negative, we appreciate the review and feedback, as it gives us ideas of what we can do to better improve our services and amenities. I have shared your review with my staff to let them know that you enjoyed your stay! If there is anything in particular, either positive or negative that stood out to you, please feel free to reach out to me and let me know.

Once again, thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at comfort suites with our 19 month old son. The breakfasts were great; serving everything from fresh waffles, fruit, eggs, cereal, etc. The rooms were nice and big but they were somewhat outdated, the bed was very comfortable and it was nice having a fridge. The indoor pool was nice as well, it was very warm which was nice for the little one. The location was nice as it was close to the Phoenix zoo, old downtown Scottsdale, Popago park, etc. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank benrud3
Holly M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Good morning Benrud3!

On behalf of the staff of the Comfort Suites Scottsdale, thank you so much for staying with us on your recent visit to the Phoenix area. We were honored to have been of service to you and your family!

Thank you for taking a few moments to post a review regarding your stay with us. There is always so much to see and do in the Phoenix area, and we are very glad that you were able to get out and see some of the sights the city has to offer. We are also very pleased that you enjoyed the services and amenities of the hotel. If there is anything in particular that stood out to you, or anyone here that helped to make your stay memorable, please feel free to reach out to me. Our goal is to have a happy and satisfied guest with every stay!

Once again, thank you for staying with us and for your time. We certainly do hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed 4 nights at the Comfort Suites to attend the Barrett Jackson Auction. The room was spacious, clean and the beds were extremely comfy. It is in a great location we walked to Old Town Scottsdale which is about 2 blocks away. And about a 10 minute drive to West World where the auction was. They had your regular morning breakfast. Overall I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Good morning ShellyLRZ!

And greetings from beautiful Scottsdale! On behalf of the staff, thank you for staying with us, and giving us the opportunity to be of service. We enjoyed having you stay with us, and we hope that you will be back to see us again soon!

Thank you as well for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay with us. Barrett Jackson is such a fun time of year, and the show itself is amazing. I am so happy that we were able to help make your time in Scottsdale, fun and memorable! If there is anything that stood out to you in particular regarding your stay here, please feel free to share that with me. We are always looking for ways to improve our services and amenities, or just to share our guests' experiences with the staff.

Once again, thank you for staying with us, and for your review. Until we see you again, may your travels be safe, and take you on wondrous adventures!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I have stayed here before and I'll stay here again. The staff is nice and courteous, the location is great. The rooms aren't new, but they are clean and comfortable. This hotel will be my choice when I'm in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area whenever possible.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Good morning YourNextGuest from sunny Scottsdale!

On behalf of the staff of the Comfort Suites Scottsdale, we would like to thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Scottsdale. We do know that you have many choices in places to stay when you travel, and we are honored to have been of service.

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay with us in January! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate and value all feedback that is given to us, as it enables us to constantly improve our services and amenities. If there is anything that stood out to you in particular regarding your stay with us, please feel free to reach out to me. I would love to know what made your stay with us special!

Again, thank you so much for staying, and for your time. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stay in the Choice Hotels brands (Econo Lodge, Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, etc) a lot. This particular hotels stands out from the crowd. It is in a nice part of town with nearby restaurants, and stores. It has three floors AND an elevator with luggage trolleys. The staff is the most helpful of any I've been in. The manager met with guests at breakfast in the mornings to see if everything was okay. The hotel was clean and quiet. It is located only a block or two from the Spring training home of the San Francisco Giants. If you're looking to attend any of those baseball games, this is a perfect place to stay as it is within walking distance. I stayed on the back side of the hotel near a hospital. I think it was a Monday or Tuesday, there was a trash truck that emptied the dumpster and woke me up. I suppose if you stay on the front side, you will avoid that. But I can say that was the only issue I had. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose the front side if possible to avoid the dumpster noise on the back side. But that is probably...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Daryl L
Holly M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Greetings from Sunny Scottsdale Daryl!

On behalf of the staff, we want to thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Scottsdale! We were delighted to have had you stay with us, and were honored to have been of service!

We are so very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is very important that we take care of our guests as best we can before, during and after their stays. If there is anything or anyone that stood out in particular to you and helped to make your stay truly wonderful, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. Until we see you again, travel safely!

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

This was a wonderful stay! The two front desk people were so wonderful and helpful! The room was comfortable and CLEAN! Breakfast was good. I would recommend this place to everyone! Thanks to ALL the staff at this location!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank wynnde
Holly M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Greetings Wynnde from beautiful Scottsdale!

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with the Comfort Suites Scottsdale on your recent visit to the Phoenix area. On behalf of the staff, we were honored to have been of service to you.

Thank you as well for taking the time to leave feedback for other travelers regarding your stay with us. All feedback that is received is greatly appreciated, as it consistently enables us to strive for the perfect stay for every guest, every time! We are very excited to know that you enjoyed your stay with us! If there is anything you would like to share that stood out to you in particular regarding your stay with us, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us. Wishing you and yours a very safe and happy Holiday Season!