“Clean, convenient and comfortable”

Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North
Ranked #46 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed 3 nights at Holiday Inn Scottsdale North, which I chose based on the close proximity to business meetings I had in the area. My expectations were pretty standard, I've stayed in many Holiday Inn branded hotels in that past and they're a safe choice.

This North Scottsdale property was a great choice, for the following reasons;

- free wifi is not just free, but works really well (I had several Skype calls which worked perfectly)

- I had a lot of calls to make and e-mails to do and worked from the hotel room for about 5-6 hours in a single stretch (the chair in the room is very comfortable and suitable for business)

- the hotel offers a free van service to anywhere within a 5 mile radius (super convenient, very much appreciated - especially as Old Town is within this 5 mile radius).

I had 1/2 an hour spare and took a quick dip in the pool and dried out under the baking hot Arizona sun - another pleasant experience. There's a small shopping mall next to the hotel and a big Safeway another block down the road, so if you wanted to stock up on supplies you can do.

Overall I was really impressed with this stay and would definitely stay here again next time I return to Phoenix.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the pool attracts plenty of natural light, if that's what you want.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review of our hotel. It is our goal to provide our guests with the utmost in service, comfort, cleanliness, value and facilities, and we really appreciate your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

I was really impressed with the Hotel, Clean and friendly Staff,stay included free WI FI,Breakfeast from 6am- 9am.Nice Pool Area and the whole Area is very Clean.Scottsdale is the only way to stay in the PHX .If you love to Golf you are in Paradise . Their are a lot of great Restaurant close by, and Shopping (Scottsdale Fashion Plaza).,and old Scottdale is full of Art Gallery"s and Eateries.

Room Tip: Had an overall good experiance and will be back there.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write and post your comments about our hotel. We are proud to provide excellent service and accommodations at a reasonable price and appreciate your nice review. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you are here.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

This was a good choice for me. My son lived in an apartment unit nearby and I was able to walk to it. The breakfast was always good, the room was very clean and the staff was very cordial. My only problem was that my cell phone only worked when I had it by the window in my room. That might have been because I use a Tracfone. Enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Thank you very much for your positive review about our hotel. We are pleased to know that you were happy with your room and the service you received during your stay. It is always our gratifying to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

when we arrived to this property it was late and I was very tired. Rachel did a great job at the front desk getting us taken care of and into our rooms. The Breakfast was good and everything very clean. Rachel also tracked down my cell charger for me when I left it and had it sent to my home in a timely manner. It was nice to deal with this hotel staff. I felt like a friend and not someone just passing through.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Thanks for taking the time to post your review and 5 star rating. It is always nice to hear that we exceeded our guests expectations and appreciate your kind words. Rachel is terrific and I'll be sure that she receives the positive recognition she deserves for being mentioned here by you. We look forward to serving you here the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

This HIE is a bit under par for the chain, but not terrible. The room was a standard ( they have few if any suites, apparently) and was quite small. It was clean, however, and had most, if not all the little conveniences we expect from the franchise.The breakfast was a little under par, but not seriously so. Slightly noisy from other guests and a sounds amplified by thin walls. All in all, the price was a tiny bit high for value, but given the area, you could do worse.

1  Thank steverace
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Thank you for your loyalty to the Holiday Inn brand and for staying with us and posting your comments. I'm sorry you were unhappy with us, and offer my apologies. I hope you will let us know what we can do to serve you better the next time you are here.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

average Holiday Inn Express, palm trees, cactus, one hole putting green, out door pool with hot tub, free breakfast, parking, fitness room, business room, elevator, windows open three inches, window AC with temperature setting and ability to run fan full time.

Room Tip: pool view available
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Thanks for staying with us and posting your comments. We want to provide the best in service and accommodations to all our guests, and hope you will let us serve you here again.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

Excellent location, good breakfast, clean rooms, very helpful staff.
Wine and beer in the late afternoon and miilk and cookies before bedtime!
What more could anyone want?
We stayed 5 nights, and had good service the entire trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thank you for making the time to write and submit a review of our hotel. Its people like you who make our jobs keeping the hotel at the highest standards of cleanliness, service and facilities very rewarding. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit.