“Consistently excellent service.”

Ranked #45 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Consistently excellent service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

This is my 5th stay since February. They consistently have great service and wonderful staff who care very much for their clients. I travel a LOT in a year and this is the BEST HIE I have stayed at, hands down. Very nice outside courtyard, adjacent to pool area. Great for the little kids to work off their energy. Very nice open feel in the lobby. Great Pool and deck.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Askcarolyn
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Askcarolyn,

Thank you for your many visits and great review. I'm glad you know you can count on us for a comfortable stay and great service. We really appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are here.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

My family and I needed a room for a one night stay in Phoenix. We are very familiar with the Scottsdale area and after reading mixed reviews on this and other properties we decided to give this property a try. I have worked in the airline industry for over 13 years and have stayed at hundreds of hotels and when it's said and done you usually get what you pay for. Customer service is the determining factor for me and my family. This HI express made every part of my stay great! From the time I checked in at 11pm the front desk agent Sheila made sure I got in my room quickly and even offered to get milk for my 3 year old because she knew we just flew cross country and were tired. She then proceeded to upgrade my room to a pool view room and then honored my late check out request for the next day
(Not with the typical ok you can stay till 1pm Token but with a Check out time of 3pm which allowed us to get some needed rest)
The breakfast buffet was good and food was better than the reviews I read. Hotel is around the corner from Shea blvd and Scottsdale rd all of the stores and restaurants are there
And last but not least the beds were more comfortable than the 5 star hotel I stayed at in FL before I arrived in AZ!! (No exaggeration)
I WILL STAY HERE AGAIN

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Parksrblessed
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Parksblessed,

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review of our hotel. It is our goal to provide our guests with the utmost in service, comfort, cleanliness, value and facilities, and I am glad we exceeded your expectations. We really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team, and I'll be sure to recognize Sheila for being mentioned her by you. I'm glad to know you'll return to us and look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Guest Relations Manager
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

This is a basic hotel in which we stayed for one night during a touring trip. There are some pros and some cons for this hotel. Upside, it is clean, beds are comfortable, compilentary breakfast. Downside, noisy fridge in room and noisy pool filters outside the room all night.

1 Thank Tazmaniac
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear Tazmaniac,

I am truly sorry to learn of your disappointment with us during your recent stay and apologize for any discomfort you experienced here. Our goal is to provide all guests with excellent service and accommodations and we take it very seriously when find that we have fallen short. I have shared your comments with our maintenance team so they can work to reduce or eliminate the noise issues you mentioned, so this does not continue or recur. I hope you will consider giving us another chance to earn your trust in the future.

Guest Relations
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

Stayed here for 1 night as part of a tour. Very clean pleasant room with a good size bathroom and good amenities. A couple of quibbles, A room safe is always more preferable to a safety deposit box in reception and the air conditioning was rather noisy.
A big plus was the included hot and cold breakfast. All in all a very happy stay in super Scottsdale.

1 Thank greatobealive
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry about the noisy air conditioner, and understand your disappointment that we don't have in room safes. Please accept my apologies and appreciation for your understanding. I hope you will let us serve you here again.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

Friendly and welcoming.
Room was excellent. On the first floor. No upstairs noise that we could tell. Clean and updated. I'd enjoy a room like this in any town. For the money it was a really nice place.

Cons: the only complaint had to do with the breakfast, in which the attendant was responsive. The juice was very watery, which she shut down the machine to fix the problem. VERY unfortunately, the biscuits 'n gravy: gravy had a horse-fly in it. That ended the appetite in a hurry. Now this could happen anywhere, just our lucky day, I guess. I did expect that the management would come to us and offer an apology of sorts, but that did not happen.

The rooms were nice, so we would stay there again.

1 Thank Touchous
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Thank you for posting your review regarding your experience with our hotel. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for the discomfort and inconvenience the poor service and quality at breakfast caused you. We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better. I hope you will reconsider and give us another chance to regain your confidence the next time you are here.We appreciate your business and would like to learn more details, and hope you will consider contacting me at kenjacobs@zmchotels.com to discuss this directly. I hope you will not let this one stay tarnish your view of Holiday Inns and that you will consider giving us another chance to regain your trust on a future visit. I hope you will give us an opportunity to make amends by sending me your contact information
Salisbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

We stayed here for one night at the beginning of a tour around Arizona and Utah. the hotel was really great for the price, and we loved the breakfast. Although the express inns are less flashy than the ordinary inns, the beds were just as comfortable and we were surprised by how nice the breakfast was. In fact, we stayed in quite a few hotels, and I would rate the breakfast as the nicest. Air-con is noisy, but they do seem to be unless you stay in a very posh hotel (see review for Amara Spa in Sedona).

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathyonholiday
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, 9 June 2013
Thank you for staying with us and posting your great comments. I'm sorry about the air conditioner noise and appreciate your understanding. I hope we can serve you here again.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

I believe that hotels have to be reviewed against their peers, not unlike what the late, great Roger Ebert did for movie reviews. Roger believed in the genre theory of reviews - romantic comedies were reviewed against other romantic comedies, not against horror movies or musicals. In other words, a Holiday Inn Express should be judged against other basic amenities, value driven hotels. No one can give a hotel like this four or five stars if it is being compared to a four or five star Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons hotel.

But this property is clean, the staff very friendly and helpful, the breakfast is better than anyone has a right to expect for a sub-$100/nt hotel, and you just can't beat it for the value. At these price levels you just can't expect some of the niceties like an extra phone in the room, a magnifying mirror in the bathroom, or a double sink.

On the other hand, the property is immaculately clean, the internet is more than adequate, and the location is perfect for pretty much anything you're in Scottsdale to accomplish. I visit Scottsdale several times a year to visit family, so we're not in the room that much anyway. This is one of several properties I choose from, including the nearby Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn, and Embassy Suites. They all have certain strengths an weaknesses, but as far as bang for the buck is concerned, this is a very good basic hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsdale North, responded to this review, 12 May 2013
Thanks for choosing our hotel and sharing your great review. We are proud to provide excellent service and accommodations at a reasonable price and pleased to know you found us to be a good value. I'm glad you know you can count on us and look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you are here.