“It's So Easy To Stay Here!”

Hospitality Suite Resort
Ranked #61 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Hastings, Minnesota
“It's So Easy To Stay Here!”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I recommend this place to anyone who wants or needs EASY! First off, you get off the plane walk outside and call for the free complimentary shuttle, which takes appx 15 min, They have ALWAYS been on time. Hotel staff always friendly and check in takes 5 min, they are not slow! When I have been reading these negative comments what I have been wondering, is- are we talking about the same place! First off I will defend these remarks till the end,I live in MN and love coming often to AZ, I have stayed here numerous times,in numerous different rooms and have never had a problem worth airing, if I did I would "just ask" they would be more than willing to check into any issue within reason. The King beds are so very comfortable, the room is always cleaned and linens changed daily,the outdoor gas grills are awesome for cooking dinner,each unit has it's own dishes,refrig,stove micro, coffeepot. I can honestly say I have never had a bad comment to write, So a person forgets to compliment and lets the negative comments take over! The pools are all 3 warm and beautiful and I have personally watched them clean and spray the chairs and deck daily,1 pool area closed for swimming during happy hour, but I imagine that is for safety reasons! Happy hour, is free to every guest and it is any kind of drink you want, never tasted watered down to me! I see staff working every single day, mowing the lawn,taking immaculent care of this property. {most places in AZ don't have lawn} the free breakfast is only when you book through the hotel directly, but it clearly states that in the sites such as Expedia.You are welcome to add that to your room charge if you wish thou, they won't turn you away! And the restaurant is like a sports bar, yes, but just as tasty to the best food I could get at any high buck place, they are friendly, you feel that they truely are happy people! It is close to a public park that has walking trails around ponds,full of nature ducks,birds easy on the eyes!
Starbucks accross street, a food mart, liquoir store,Budget rental down a few blocks. I get up every am and walk/jog the trails nearby never needing a car the entire stay,if you just go for relaxation, warmth, EASY and affordable with hospitable staff.Then I am SURE you will love it here..when your ready to fly back home, they will print your ticket for you and take you to your terminal in the free shuttle van. EASY VACATION!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank BarbM151
Georgene C, Director of Sales at Hospitality Suite Resort, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
You are very kind to share these nice comments. More importantly - we are very happy to accommodate you during your visit, and look forward to your next.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Hastings, Minnesota
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I have stayed at Hospitality Suites Resort twice and both times it has been an awesome experience. The rooms have been clean, staff polite and professional, happy hour a blast, an incredible full breakfast in the morning, excellent shuttle service too and from the airport, the list goes on and on. Well worth it and will stay there again and again and again. Any negative comments to this establishment......well as they say can't please everyone or some people can never be pleased. All I can tell you is I loved it and will go back and refer anyone flying to the Scottsdale area to stay there.

Room Tip: Both time I have stayed here we have had first floor pool side rooms.....no problems with noise and...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michelle M
Thank you Michelle! We appreciate your great review, and you are correct. We can't please all of the people - but if you are a person looking for friendly staff, a clean room and wonderful location with a great rate too...then we will be pleasing you! Can't wait to have you back again!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 26 January 2014

What a sad experience. Upon arrival staff friendly but when shared we reserved via Expedia everything changed. You do NOT get breakfast included, sign here, initial here and here saying you'll not have breakfast nor smoke in the room, mercy. The hotel offers a happy hour but we wanted a hot tub which is closed during the happy hour. Tested the water both Friday and Sat am it was dirty, cold and it did not appeal to sanitary. The room is old old, the TV is huge, the kitchen is clean and fine, but the bathroom shower, no tub, is so tiny we were glad we are both in great shape and slender. The dresser was old, noted the water damage on the base of the dresser. BTW, there are no amenities, glad I carry my own soap and soap dish. Housekeeping kind, friendly and kudos to Lucas and Jason the only part of the experience worth 4 stars. A plus,it was quiet. Parking is free but the arrangement of the room is all out of date. Price not worth it, and not having breakfast not an issue in a buffalo wing, hamburger restaurant, esp since we eat organic. The rug is merely a covering faded wine/reddish in color and the bed was very soft, towels replace any loofa you might want. It was clean and location to #202 was good plus walking distance to many great healthy eateries. Glad we were there a ltd time and out early the next day. Advertising a hot tub is false for sure. NO return and it was over priced for this reviewer.

Room Tip: 2nd floor if you can walk up steps.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lyfeworksjkl
Georgene C, Director of Sales at Hospitality Suite Resort, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Very sorry you did not enjoy your visit. We do not make any attempt to misrepresent ourselves. We are an older property. Our room description does state shower only on the Studio Suites - our One Bedroom Queen, and our One Bedroom with 2 Beds each have tub/shower combinations. We do provide amenities such as, soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc. in all of our rooms - refreshed daily. Also, we do have a hot tub on the premises. I do not know why you felt that the property, or the pools were unclean -- we may be old, but we pride ourselves on cleanliness.

I am sorry that you did not receive breakfast. We offer the breakfast and a lower non-breakfast rate when you book direct as an incentive.

Again, we are very sorry you were disappointed. I hope the rest of your trip went well for you.
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 January 2014

stayed for 2 nights on a tour it was fine for that. rooms a bit un clean shower mouldy didn't spend much time in room. there was a free bar for 2 hours per night with watered down cocktails. we were on a bus tour so spent most time out and about. unsure of anything round about I think there were a few supermarkets that we got some supplies from

Room Tip: lifts tiny so ask for ground floor
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
I promise you our rooms a very, very clean. We are older, but we are not dirty. Side note; We do not water down our drinks at the free happy our--if it's warm, ice may melt - but I promise you they are not watered down.
Arizona
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We had the experience of staying here, just for one night. Our kids were coming for dinner, which we had pre-prepared, and planned on re-heating. The kitchen accomodations were very adequate for doing this .. we did have one burner on the elec. stove that did not work, however the oven was fine for warming buns ... also found the disposer not sounding real good, so did not use. Otherwise, the kitchen was perfect for our plans.
I have to admit that our room did have a particular smell, when we first went in, and it continued .. at first we thought it was a smoking smell, but think it was just musty from age ? We tried the a/c, which I think did work for awhile, and then seemed not to .. the mgmnt. said it cycles from a/c to heat depending on outdoor temp ...would have preferred to have a/c on all the time to help with the smell, and NOISE from Camelback Rd. We were in Bldg. A, which has an elevator and really did help us with all of our "stuff".. we had opened the BR window for some fresh air, and then had to put up with the street noise - solution? Maybe a sound machine with ocean noise ? The furniture was pretty nice, altho some was worn a bit . Bed was comfortable, but the pillows could use some upgrading.
The grounds are beautiful, and one could tell this used to be a pretty swanky, upscale resort .. but, now, as Mr. Jackson says, it is ready for a major renovation ... we will stay here again, and we compliment the host, and staff for making this a good vacation spot ..

Room Tip: If you want quiet, do not stay in Bldg. A, on Scottsdale RD. the other rooms in this bldg. would b...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I welcome you to contact me with your room number, so we can have the stove fixed and the garbage disposal looked at. I suggest building B on your next visit - it is much quieter!
Anchorage, AK
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We just got home from 4 nights at Hospitality Suite Resort and what a pleasant surprise! We read the reviews posted on Trip Advisor and were prepared for the worst. The only negative comment that we could totally agree with was the lack of help and enthusiasm from the morning staff. Now the evening staff was just awesome and very friendly and helpful. We were delighted with our junior suite and took advantage of being able to cook in the room. The pool was adequate - we're not big swimmers - and loved the hot tub! Cocktails at 5 were lovely and I discovered the drink "Arizona Sunset". Mr. Jackson, the host, led us all in toasts to birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions each evening and did tell us that the facility is scheduled for a major renovation. We were very pleased with this property and look forward to staying there in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AlaskaFlamingo
Very happy you enjoyed your visit and your review. We look forward to having you back next time!
Los Angeles
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This place is in pretty sad shape (and in what appeared to be a sketchy area, at best). I stayed there to be close to the airport for an early morning flight. It is close to the airport (a 10 minute drive), but the rooms are old and smell. The sink even had rust in it! There is a small kitchen but most of the appliances in there look like things I would never, ever touch. The worst part was that the room window faces a pool area where people sit out all night long making tons of noise! Plus, the shades on the window do NOT block the light. With a name like "Hospitality Suite Resort" I was expecting something much, much nicer....especially with the word "resort." This is far from a resort; it is a cheap airport-like hotel no nicer than a Motel 6 (perhaps less nice). I would NOT stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Dlit99
Georgene C, Director of Sales at Hospitality Suite Resort, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
We agree that we are not a 5 star resort, but I imagine that when you booked the room and got that great price you already knew that. We offer clean rooms, clean appliances in the kitchens, and kitchenettes, (rust? I will be happy to have that looked into if I am provided with the room number), our property grounds, which are also clean and well manicured host 3 pristine swimming pools, a hot tub and tennis courts on 8 acres. You were here for one night - you do not know our area. We are 3 miles South of Old Town Scottsdale and 3 miles North Mill Avenue in Tempe. Our location is rather ideal. It is unfortunate you were in a room in a more popular area. If a guest requests a quiet area we do not put them poolside in building A, which it sounds like you were located, whenever possible. We are not the hotel for everyone, but we do our very best to ensure that our guests enjoy their visit with us. We are sorry that you are not one of those guests.