“an amazing bargain hotel”
Review of 3 Palms Hotel

3 Palms Hotel
Ranked #38 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We stayed one night before departing on an early morning flight - it's only a short drive to Sky Harbor Airport. It was so inexpensive, I was a little worried, but needlessly. It's basically an outdoor corridor motel, but it has some very nice touches. Quality bedding and towels, larger than average pool area and large flat screen TVs. It's located across the street from a lovely park with a jogging trail & even Frisbee golf. I probably wouldn't choose this hotel for a long stay in Scottsdale, but for a brief stop, we found it perfect. I'd also recommend eating at Indian Deli Palace - not too far down the street.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roccgt

Reviewed 3 June 2011

This is a great place to stay! Reasonable rates for rooms that rock! The room decor is very in...from the walls to the furniture to the lighting! The bathrooms are gorgeous and the beds very comfortable. The pool is large and beautiful! Orange umbrellas, chairs and awnings make the outdoors pop! A covered "cabana" features a big screen TV, perfect when you need to catch up on the news and don't want to head back to your room. The lobby staff was friendly and helpful with restaurant recommendations. Stay here for a few days, but better yet, spend a week here! The money you save by staying here can be used on all the things Scottsdale and Phoenix have in store for you. I was pleasantly surprised and would recommend this for people who want clean, convenient, and reasonable accommodations.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2011

This is my second trip to the Scottsdale area. I was referred to the 3 Palms by a friend of mine. I really enjoyed my stay here...can't beat the price.

The property has been resigned into a retro type boutique hotel (formerly an InnSuites property). The owner has invested a lot of money to really enhance this property. I really love the decor and the pool area. This is not a new property (built in the 50"s) so the rooms are smaller but the upgrades....WOW! 42" flat screen tv's, dvd player, surround sound system. microwave, refrigerator in every room all for what I considered the best rate in Scottsdale.

This property is located across the street from a park so there is plenty of walking trails and a Disc Golf course (never heard of Disc Golf before staying here). I love the view from my second floor room. It was a two room suite, made my five day stay such a treat.

The pool area was one of the best, not the largest, but very clean and well maintained. The pool bar was only open in the evening but the bartender-George was funny.

There are two employees who really stand out-Josh and Sandy. Josh was working the the front desk when I checked in, what a great guy. Very knowledgeable about what to do and where to go in the Scottsdale area. Sandy I found out later is the General Manager- extremely friendly, always on the move and really to do whatever he can to make my stay the most most enjoyable.

For the price, the location and the staff I will return here whenever I am in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area.

Room Tip: Request a room on the park side.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I stayed here over the Memorial Day Weekend with my wife. We really enjoyed it. We had a 1st floor room overlooking El Dorado Park.

I have stayed here many times over the last twelve months for business which is why my wife and I decided to stay here. I wouldn't come back if I wasn't totally satisfied. Some of the rooms are smaller than the newer properties but the charm and redesign of this property is worth the smaller rooms especially for the price!

This property has probably one of the best trained and customer service focused staffs I have ever seen. They are always willing to go that extra mile for you. A big thank you goes out to the GM-Sandy for the excellent service and attention he provide to my wife and I. We were celebrating our 10th Wedding Anniversary during this stay. I do not know how he found out but he put several balloons, chocolates, and a great bottle of wine in our room. What a great unexpected surprise when we opened the door! this little "extra" just really made our weekend. It's little things like this that keeps bringing me back.

All other things aside, this is a great property run by a guy who really cares about not only his guests but employees too. We really enjoyed our quiet, relaxing weekend.

We will be back again!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Toyotatrukr
Reviewed 29 May 2011

We saw the great reviews on this hotel and so we decided to give it a try.
We were thrilled with the pool...It has a great resort feel. But other than the pool, this motel was very odd. It's a motel with a face lift. All the room entrances are from outside-no inside hallways. The parking lot is pretty dark at night and did not feel very safe. People walk right outside their room and smoke and of course it seeps right into the neighboring rooms. The rooms are teeny tiny, If you are on a different schedule than others traveling with you, you'll wake them while you get ready, because the sink and mirror are in the bedroom. They've really worked at updating this place and it has a decent decor, but it's basically a motel trying to mask as a hotel. There are some strange things... There are 2 washer and dryers in an outside covered patio area; $1.50 a load, with no soap for sale?? We left the housekeeper a $10 tip with a note asking for extra towels. When we came back after being gone all day...only 2 towels in the room. That was the last tip we left.
I think this is a great place if all you're interested in is the pool area.

Room Tip: Ask for pool side
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2011

The room was small, but very well decorated and with an excellent 42 inch TV and great sound system. We got the whirlpool room- which for $65 a night is an incredible value, especially in the Scottsdale area. The outside pool area was great, and the huge outdoor hot tub was a plus, though it gets very full in the daytime and is hard to find lounge chairs.

On the downside, the bathroom is TINY, with poor water pressure and temperature control, and we had a problem with loud neighbors until after 4 am, though this can't really be blamed on hotel management.

Overall, this hotel is a great value for the area, but is fairly modest and small.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Really enjoyed my stay as always! Rooms are extremely comfortable and love the 42" flat screen tv!
This is only hotel I will ever stay at in Scottsdale...very affordable, great amenities, fantastic pool and pool bar! However besides the best rate in Scottsdale, the staff is probably the best in Arizona. Paul H. went out of way to help not only me but other guests as well. He was always willing to help with bags, area information and always treats me like I'm the most important person. I am also impressed with Elizabeth, Josh and Sandy, the GM.
Great place, great price, GREAT staff, great pool (really clean) area. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business