“Could not believe the GREAT room.”
Review of 3 Palms Hotel

3 Palms Hotel
Ranked #33 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Mesa, Arizona
“Could not believe the GREAT room.”
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Had to find a place to stay for a night and found this Gem. Room was wonderful and the summer price could not be beat. Great room with 2 queens, best beds I've had in a hotel, microwave, refrigerator, safe and a very nice bathroom. Pool area was also very nice. Had breakfast at the Avalon restaurant which is opening to the public on July 15th. I just can't say enough about how nice this was and they also accept pets.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
New York, New York
Reviewed 28 June 2011

My husband and I were here last October and I wrote a great review, we were excited to return and we received the same excellent service from Sandy Potter the GM, the front staff Paul - who was very helpful and Stephanie as well, we seemed to see Paul more often. The housekeeping people were wonderful, the head was super nice (regret that I have forgotten her name) and the cleaning people were always friendly and did a terrific job. Our room was a double Queen suite with a great kitchenette, the beds were super comfortable, great linens. The toiletries were great. We had two wonderful flat screen TVs, one in the bedroom, and one in the living area, great when my husband wanted to watch sports in the evening and I would kick back and watch a movie. We had a great size fridge and there is a FRY's right across the street where you can stock up on water, wine :-) and whatever else you need. The pool was again wonderful, and this time I even got some lap time in, though it is not a large pool, it was clean and refreshing. There is also a hot tub, lovely in the evenings. There was a poolside bar, but the liquor license was pending. You might want to ask for a park side room, I imagine the pool side might be a bit noisy at times, but it was not an issue for us, only Memorial Day weekend was really busy with people having lots of fun!
All in all, it was another great stay, this time it was for 2 weeks, lucky us!!
Outstanding, thanks to everyone, we'll be back for sure! Marlyn & Claude

1 Thank funinnola
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Hotel room was very clean, nice decor and bed was very comfortable. Hotel staff was very nice and friendly. They went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed are say. Hotel borders large park that was great for jogging. Lots of playgrounds for families, and a disc golf course. Hotel pool was fantastic. Really refreshing. Great place to lounge the day away and relax. And it had a bar...

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 25 June 2011

After reading all the great reviews and perusing the website, we thought this would be an thrifty yet relaxing get-away weekend of lazing by the pool. Well...not so fast. When we checked into our room the first thing I noticed was the old stale cigarette smoke although it was a "nonsmoking" room. The room itself was cute although the carpeting a bit soiled. Then we called down to find out more about the restaurant the website boasts as being one of the top in the Valley. That is when we found out there had been a "fire" and the restaurant was closed. In fact, there was nothing on the premises at all but an ice machine. Since we did not pack an ice chest and really did not feel like going shopping we decided to go home. We were assured that we would be refunded for one night (we paid for two) and we were fine with that but later the manager changed his mind. Granted, it won't break us but I am disappointed with the dishonesty of the establishment in honoring their word as well as the motel's deceptive website.
Lesson learned: always call for info and use the website as a very general guide. And it is true...you get what you pay for!

Room Tip: Cheap, No Frills, No Food, No Drink
1 Thank TravelingCouple5050
Houston, TX
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We stayed one night before departing on an early morning flight - it's only a short drive to Sky Harbor Airport. It was so inexpensive, I was a little worried, but needlessly. It's basically an outdoor corridor motel, but it has some very nice touches. Quality bedding and towels, larger than average pool area and large flat screen TVs. It's located across the street from a lovely park with a jogging trail & even Frisbee golf. I probably wouldn't choose this hotel for a long stay in Scottsdale, but for a brief stop, we found it perfect. I'd also recommend eating at Indian Deli Palace - not too far down the street.

1 Thank roccgt
Chicagoland
Reviewed 3 June 2011

This is a great place to stay! Reasonable rates for rooms that rock! The room decor is very in...from the walls to the furniture to the lighting! The bathrooms are gorgeous and the beds very comfortable. The pool is large and beautiful! Orange umbrellas, chairs and awnings make the outdoors pop! A covered "cabana" features a big screen TV, perfect when you need to catch up on the news and don't want to head back to your room. The lobby staff was friendly and helpful with restaurant recommendations. Stay here for a few days, but better yet, spend a week here! The money you save by staying here can be used on all the things Scottsdale and Phoenix have in store for you. I was pleasantly surprised and would recommend this for people who want clean, convenient, and reasonable accommodations.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Montgomery, New York
Reviewed 1 June 2011

This is my second trip to the Scottsdale area. I was referred to the 3 Palms by a friend of mine. I really enjoyed my stay here...can't beat the price.

The property has been resigned into a retro type boutique hotel (formerly an InnSuites property). The owner has invested a lot of money to really enhance this property. I really love the decor and the pool area. This is not a new property (built in the 50"s) so the rooms are smaller but the upgrades....WOW! 42" flat screen tv's, dvd player, surround sound system. microwave, refrigerator in every room all for what I considered the best rate in Scottsdale.

This property is located across the street from a park so there is plenty of walking trails and a Disc Golf course (never heard of Disc Golf before staying here). I love the view from my second floor room. It was a two room suite, made my five day stay such a treat.

The pool area was one of the best, not the largest, but very clean and well maintained. The pool bar was only open in the evening but the bartender-George was funny.

There are two employees who really stand out-Josh and Sandy. Josh was working the the front desk when I checked in, what a great guy. Very knowledgeable about what to do and where to go in the Scottsdale area. Sandy I found out later is the General Manager- extremely friendly, always on the move and really to do whatever he can to make my stay the most most enjoyable.

For the price, the location and the staff I will return here whenever I am in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area.

Room Tip: Request a room on the park side.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business