“LOVE IT”
Review of 3 Palms Hotel

3 Palms Hotel
Ranked #34 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I found this motel online for $45. a night... you know they say you get what you pay for, so I was a bit afraid of what I was getting. I booked for 3 days and love the motel so much, I stayed for 2 more days. There was a smell in my room, so I went to the desk to talk about moving to a new room. Not only did they move me without delay, they upgraded me to a suite. I had two beds in one room , living room, small kit., and two bathrooms. oh yea, two 42 in. flat screen tvs. Maid service everyday, with lots of TOWELS.....The pool was great. Lots of chairs and shade if you wanted. What a GREAT find. I read reviews saying the rooms were too small, I didn't think so, and keep in mind it is a MOTEL, not Hotel....I will not only stay again, I will tell anyone I know that is in need of a Motel in Phx. Clean..also

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 August 2011

While not what I would consider a "resort," it is definitely a nice place to stay. My room was very modern with wide screen tv and newer bath. The pool was perfect, especially in the evening when no one was around. It is NOT located in a bad part of town. There is a nice park with a lake next to it and easy shopping with a Frys across the street and a Walgreens two blocks away. My rate was VERY cheap -- I assume because of the season (plus AARP).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2011

This was the 2nd time we stayed at 3 Palms, we loved the property with it's very nicely renovated rooms and pool. Fridge, big flat screen tv, and dvd player are handy to have. The shower head was a bit low and drain slow but neither of those are deal breakers by any means. Location is a good home base for any of the eastern Phoenix ballparks, Old Town Scottsdale, and Fashion Square.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank slyoung10
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I booked my reservation on Travelocity under their "Secret Hotels" so I was not sure what to expect. This is a "motel" I guess as the rooms face outward but not what you normally associate with a motel. Service:9. Front desk was great. Cleanliness: 9. The rooms are very clean and new looking even though it is a 7 year old renovation.
You can get a good rate on the hotel's website. I think I saved $2 on travelocity.
The lobby is immaculate. The rooms are a retro decor but with an updated look.
Check out the pool! Resort quality.
I almost didn't write this review because I don't want people to find out about it and ruin it because it's such a great deal.

Room Tip: Get a room with a Jacuzzi tub. It looks weird next to the bed but is nice.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We stayed twice at the 3 palms within 2 weeks and found it to be an excellent hotel which exceed expectations for the price paid. The rooms were clean and well stocked. The hot spa and pool were well maintained and clean. Front desk and staff very helpfull. Cheap $6 breakfast was really good and in nice restaurant next door. Nothing bad to say about this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We had a great stay at 3 Palms. The room and property was very clean. Staff was freindly and helpfull. Perfect for a mini vacation.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I stayed here in the summer low-season and paid only $55/night for a room with two queen beds. The room was clean, beds are comfortable, and the decor is nicely updated. Keep in mind this is a MOTEL setup so the corridors are outside. The pool is nice, with a large jacuzzi.

My only two complaints: 1) The pool bar was never open during our stay; i expect this is because the hotel was not very busy during the summer season. 2) There were families by the pool who brought a LOT of children with them... I'm guessing they were locals who came for the weekend to enjoy the pool.. Cant blame them when it's 105 degrees!

If you want 5-star hotel ammenities, go elsewhere (and pay a lot more). But if you want a moderately priced hotel, this is a good option.

Room Tip: Request a pool view ... (or park view if you'd rather not overlook the pool).
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends