“Our perfect staycation”
Review of 3 Palms Hotel

3 Palms Hotel
Ranked #33 of 76 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We live in AZ and wanted a weekend getaway that wasn't too far but far enough away from our normal lives. The 3 Palms was it! We loved the decor of the place (retro modern contemporary) - the hubby even asked me to do the same color palette in our next space. Yes, some things are looking a little worn but for the price I'm not going to complain at all. We reserved the King bedroom Jacuzzi room. Loved it! It was very spacious and comfortable. The weekend temps were running 110 degrees + so it was wonderful to have our own control over the A/C and it was COLD throughout our stay. There were separate controls in the bedroom and living areas. There were 2 shower/toilet areas so we each had our own. The living area was comfortable. Having the DVD player was a great bonus. We made sure to stop by Blockbuster before going to the hotel. There is a microwave and small fridge so you don't have to go out for snacks - just bring them with you. We did use the Jacuzzi. It did fit 2 people, though tightly. Perfect for a romantic time. The bed, including pillows and linens, was one of the most comfortable I've had. Plush and cloud-like. The best part of our stay was no resort fee and FREE WIFI IN THE ROOM!!! This is rare, these days. The WIFI was super-fast and easy to get on. Yes, I know this all may sound like a fake review. It's not. You can see my profile and I review lots of hotels as we travel (40 year olds without kids travel A LOT!!).

No, we didn't get to the pool area, nor did we have the breakfast they have (which I believe was around $5 and seemed to be a lot of options). The hotel itself appears to be an old Best Western or the like that has been remodeled. We had a 1st floor room that looked out onto the park across the street. This hotel does take dogs (fee $25 per room/per stay) and we plan on bringing our little girl on our next trip. The park looked to be fun (frisbee golf, pond with ducks/geese, walking trail) and we'll have to try it out on a cooler weather weekend.

We will be returning to the 3 Palms soon.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Jacuzzi room ... worth the extra $
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,601)

Reviewed 18 August 2011

We had a Jacuzzi Room and a Standard room. Both were clean, and uniquely decorated. They are kind of themed. They are not a cheap hotel, but since we were there off season, we had the luxury of a top notch hotel for a very cheap price. The maintenance was perfect! We could not have asked for any more.

Room Tip: Skip their 6.00 breakfast, go to Temptations down the street
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank meeta4
Reviewed 12 August 2011

The 3 Palms is in south Scottsdale. The rooms are a decent size, comfortable beds, large (40"??) screen tv. All the amenities were clean and adequate. This is not a deluxe place but for us it was a place to sleep while we attended a national convention in dntn Phoenix. We drove ten minutes to teh light rail park and ride, rode into city center convention center on the rail. The $50/night during the week in August was a great price for the value o room we had. Pool was nice, If we have more meetings to attend will stay here again. This is not a resort style or quality establishment, but a very decent clean safe place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Shawbones
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I found this motel online for $45. a night... you know they say you get what you pay for, so I was a bit afraid of what I was getting. I booked for 3 days and love the motel so much, I stayed for 2 more days. There was a smell in my room, so I went to the desk to talk about moving to a new room. Not only did they move me without delay, they upgraded me to a suite. I had two beds in one room , living room, small kit., and two bathrooms. oh yea, two 42 in. flat screen tvs. Maid service everyday, with lots of TOWELS.....The pool was great. Lots of chairs and shade if you wanted. What a GREAT find. I read reviews saying the rooms were too small, I didn't think so, and keep in mind it is a MOTEL, not Hotel....I will not only stay again, I will tell anyone I know that is in need of a Motel in Phx. Clean..also

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2011

While not what I would consider a "resort," it is definitely a nice place to stay. My room was very modern with wide screen tv and newer bath. The pool was perfect, especially in the evening when no one was around. It is NOT located in a bad part of town. There is a nice park with a lake next to it and easy shopping with a Frys across the street and a Walgreens two blocks away. My rate was VERY cheap -- I assume because of the season (plus AARP).

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2011

This was the 2nd time we stayed at 3 Palms, we loved the property with it's very nicely renovated rooms and pool. Fridge, big flat screen tv, and dvd player are handy to have. The shower head was a bit low and drain slow but neither of those are deal breakers by any means. Location is a good home base for any of the eastern Phoenix ballparks, Old Town Scottsdale, and Fashion Square.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank slyoung10
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I booked my reservation on Travelocity under their "Secret Hotels" so I was not sure what to expect. This is a "motel" I guess as the rooms face outward but not what you normally associate with a motel. Service:9. Front desk was great. Cleanliness: 9. The rooms are very clean and new looking even though it is a 7 year old renovation.
You can get a good rate on the hotel's website. I think I saved $2 on travelocity.
The lobby is immaculate. The rooms are a retro decor but with an updated look.
Check out the pool! Resort quality.
I almost didn't write this review because I don't want people to find out about it and ruin it because it's such a great deal.

Room Tip: Get a room with a Jacuzzi tub. It looks weird next to the bed but is nice.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business