“Good Boutique hotel for great value”
Review of 3 Palms Hotel

3 Palms Hotel
Ranked #35 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Calgary,AB
“Good Boutique hotel for great value”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed at the 3 palms for 3 nights in July 2011. The property was small but contemporary. Location -wise you definately need a car, its about 15 minutes to scottsdale fashion square as well there are few restaurants within walking distance. There is a grocery store across the street which you can stock up your mini fridge. The room was clean and comfortable. The pool area was great, lots of chairs, and a seperate sun-bathing area on the second level. The price was an extremely good value and I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed for 3 nights on business and had a pleasant stay. They staff was great and the entire property is newly renovated. The only problem I had was that my AC would not turn off, or be set to anything other than high cool. In PHX in August this is not the worst thing, but should be fixed.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Pa
Reviewed 11 September 2011

The rooms are awesome, clean, modern, and comfy. The pool was lovely with a nice poolside bar (though the pool itself could have been a little cleaner). Staff was very helpful. I was pretty nervous about what a $41 hotel looked like but it was great!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I'm writing this review while I watch my TV in the room of the 3 Palms. Overall, the hotel is neat and clean. The room is modern retro and a bright mix of orange and green. For $52 a night, you can't beat this deal. Since I knew I wouldn't be in the room the majority of the one extra day I had in AZ, I thought I'd take a chance and book the 3 Palms. So far it's been a pleasant stay. My only qualm is that my TV has a lot of "fuzzy" channels. Not sure why...

Also, the hotel is far from good restaurants, and nothing much surrounds it. It's about a 15 minute drive to Old Scottsdale. It does have a pretty nice park across the street from it where you can go running. Overall, for the price I paid....I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Ahwatukee, AZ
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We live in AZ and wanted a weekend getaway that wasn't too far but far enough away from our normal lives. The 3 Palms was it! We loved the decor of the place (retro modern contemporary) - the hubby even asked me to do the same color palette in our next space. Yes, some things are looking a little worn but for the price I'm not going to complain at all. We reserved the King bedroom Jacuzzi room. Loved it! It was very spacious and comfortable. The weekend temps were running 110 degrees + so it was wonderful to have our own control over the A/C and it was COLD throughout our stay. There were separate controls in the bedroom and living areas. There were 2 shower/toilet areas so we each had our own. The living area was comfortable. Having the DVD player was a great bonus. We made sure to stop by Blockbuster before going to the hotel. There is a microwave and small fridge so you don't have to go out for snacks - just bring them with you. We did use the Jacuzzi. It did fit 2 people, though tightly. Perfect for a romantic time. The bed, including pillows and linens, was one of the most comfortable I've had. Plush and cloud-like. The best part of our stay was no resort fee and FREE WIFI IN THE ROOM!!! This is rare, these days. The WIFI was super-fast and easy to get on. Yes, I know this all may sound like a fake review. It's not. You can see my profile and I review lots of hotels as we travel (40 year olds without kids travel A LOT!!).

No, we didn't get to the pool area, nor did we have the breakfast they have (which I believe was around $5 and seemed to be a lot of options). The hotel itself appears to be an old Best Western or the like that has been remodeled. We had a 1st floor room that looked out onto the park across the street. This hotel does take dogs (fee $25 per room/per stay) and we plan on bringing our little girl on our next trip. The park looked to be fun (frisbee golf, pond with ducks/geese, walking trail) and we'll have to try it out on a cooler weather weekend.

We will be returning to the 3 Palms soon.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Jacuzzi room ... worth the extra $
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Newark,Delaware
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We had a Jacuzzi Room and a Standard room. Both were clean, and uniquely decorated. They are kind of themed. They are not a cheap hotel, but since we were there off season, we had the luxury of a top notch hotel for a very cheap price. The maintenance was perfect! We could not have asked for any more.

Room Tip: Skip their 6.00 breakfast, go to Temptations down the street
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank meeta4
Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Reviewed 12 August 2011

The 3 Palms is in south Scottsdale. The rooms are a decent size, comfortable beds, large (40"??) screen tv. All the amenities were clean and adequate. This is not a deluxe place but for us it was a place to sleep while we attended a national convention in dntn Phoenix. We drove ten minutes to teh light rail park and ride, rode into city center convention center on the rail. The $50/night during the week in August was a great price for the value o room we had. Pool was nice, If we have more meetings to attend will stay here again. This is not a resort style or quality establishment, but a very decent clean safe place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business