I stayed at the 3 Palms in September 2011 after a trip to Hawaii. I was just looking for a place to stay because of a very late flight arrival and long drive home the next day. The hotel is conveniently located near PHX, downtown Phoenix, downtown Scottsdale and Old Town Scottsdale. The hotel is also located across from a large park on McDowell Road near Hayden Road.
The hotel, or more specifically motel, was very comfortable in an updated, very classy ultra-modern art deco style. The room and bathroom, were very small but included a flat screen TV with DVD player and HBO, in-room safe, microwave, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, coffee maker and basic toiletries. I found the large king bed to be very comfortable but the pillows too mushy. The hotel also had blackout curtains that really worked and kept the morning sun out so I could sleep in. My only complaint had to do with the noisy under-window air conditioning units - they were very loud and ran for long periods of time before shutting off. After I finally manually turned my unit off late at night I could still clearly hear the unit in the adjacent empty room - they nicely updated the room and decor but kept the noisy a/c units. I could also easily hear the toilets and showers of people both next to my room and in the room below - this is not a place to stay if you expect complete silence.
There was complimentary Ethernet with in-room Internet access and also 2 free PC's in the Guest Lounge area with coffee and tea.
The hotel location was good in a safe area in south Scottsdale so getting to and from the airport was quick. There was also a weight room, laundry room, heated pool, free parking both in a lot and on the street and you could easily walk to a supermarket (Fry's) and drug store (Walgreen's).
Overall the hotel was incredibly cheap, in an acceptable area close to lots of attractions and the remodeled rooms were very tastefully done. My only negative was the between room noise and the noisy air conditioning units. That being said I think I would return as the beds were very comfortable and I did get a good night sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you enter our stunning yet intimate lobby, the desert stone accents set in the hand laid white crystal granite warn you to expect something special including a level of service that some people consider sublime. All of our rooms and suites are tastefully appointed with carefully selected modern art, contemporary custom made furnishings, and entertainment centers. Our guests of this Scottsdale Hotel bask in the comfort of our super deluxe pillow top beds dressed with 400-thread count linens, down comforters, and four equally soft down pillows. Passionate attention to detail continues throughout the 3 Palms Hotel in Scottsdale, with features selected with your comfort and convenience in mind. Cable/satellite TV with premium channels, DVD players, stereos, refrigerators, microwaves, and the all important coffee maker are just some of the amenities we've included in anticipation of your every need at our boutique Scottsdale hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your 3 Palms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Three Palms Resort Oasis Scottsdale
- 3 Palms Resort Oasis Hotel Scottsdale
- 3 Palms Scottsdale
- 3 Palms Hotel Scottsdale, Arizona