“Resort Fee's??? This motel charges Resort Fee's LOL” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of 3 Palms Hotel

3 Palms Hotel
Ranked #33 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Boulder, Colorado
“Resort Fee's??? This motel charges Resort Fee's LOL”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I was told the tax on my Room charge also included a "Resort Fee"?? Really, so why didn't they tell us that when we booked? I was told it's a nominal fee of 6 % of my stay per night. How can you dare call yourselves a Resort? No Restaurant, an On Call Spa service that is rarely in the lobby and lousy housekeeping. What a joke.

3 Thank Fili D
3PalmsManager, General Manager at 3 Palms Hotel, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Fili D,

Thank you for providing your feedback about our hotel. Your satisfaction is our number one priority. I wish you would of brought your concerns to the hotel directly so we could have solved them for you. Please feel free to reach out to the hotel so you can voice your concern with us directly and we can make things right for you. Unfortunately, due to the anonymous nature of Trip Advisor, we are unable to contact you. I assure you that we take these kind of things very seriously. I hope we are able to satisfy this matter with you so you can come back to hotel and enjoy all of the amenities we have to offer; a modern boutique vibe, large outdoor pool and spa, a rooftop sundeck, fitness center, complementary high-speed Internet access in the lobby and all guest rooms, complementary wireless Internet access throughout the common areas and dry-cleaning and laundry service. El Dorado Park is adjacent to the Scottsdale hotel, which is just two miles to the south of Old Town Scottsdale, three miles south of the Fashion Square Mall, and four miles from Arizona State University.

Brian Klein

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

We booked on the internet and charges are different than what we had with Booking.com. They charged an EXTRA 100.00, which they said was for (Incidentals) they said they did this with all guest and the charge is removed after you check-out. I only found this out after I called to see a hundred dollar charge on our credit card that was not authorized nor were we told about this before hand. I am waiting to see this removed. We paid extra for a double delux queen room. Not sure how they can call this a double delux room extremely small and hard to maneuver. Yes, staff was friendly but was a bit disappointed coming back to room and having cleaning service left all our wet dirty towels in a pile in our room. They advertise that they have tea and coffee, but I had to go to front desk to get these items. The room we had, had no place to put clothing so we left it in our suitcase accept for hanging clothes. My daughter and I were very disappointed in lighting above sink(Very difficult to put on makeup). We went for a wedding and it was a short trip was not in the room very much and did not get to enjoy swimming pool, which looked great.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Luxurytaste, General Manager at 3 Palms Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Debra K,

I have read your review of the 3 Palms Resort Oasis and I want to say thank you for bringing some of these issues to our attention. I am sorry that you did not know about our policy of authorizing $100.00 for incidentals prior to check in. Although it is industry standard to authorize for an amount prior to checking in, I realize that there must of been a miscommunication. We do require a signature for this amount at time of check in. It is our last line of communication about this policy. We post it on our website, on the website of third party travel agents such as Expedia.com, hotels.com, and Orbitz.com, and we also inform any guest who makes a reservation directly with the hotel via phone about this policy, It is also clearly stated on our confirmation letters that get sent out to our guests. We do not try to hide this policy. I am also sorry that our housekeeping department did not remove the towels from your room. We take great pride in training all of our staff members. We strive everyday to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel in all of Arizona. It seems on your recent stay with us you did not see us at our best. It is this kind of feedback that helps us to be a better hotel for our guests and our employees alike. So, thank you for letting me know on the areas where we can improve. I assure you we will be proactive with all of these suggestions. Thank you!!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Have stayed at the 3 Palms twice now in the last couple years, enjoy this place very much, and it is priced very well compared to the surrounding motels and hotels. Very cool retro revamp of what was probably a old 60's motor lodge. Very moderne and hip. Great service, and friendly staff and we even got a complimentary upgrade to a jacuzzi room without asking.....Great pool, spa, and sun deck area with a workout gym and vending machines. Anytime we're heading to Scottsdale this will be our home away from home!

Room Tip: Jacuzzi room is great if you don't need a dining table and 2 chairs!
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Nice, clean, but small. Staff suggested taxi even though I requested bus-they said too far away to walk---I found a bus stop and a free shuttle about a 3 minute walk away, thanks to some other visitors! Very small fridge & micro, which would be fine for a day or two but I was planning to stay 3 weeks. Moved to HOSPITALITY SUITES RESORT about 5 minutes away & WOW what a difference! HUGE living room, kitchen/dining room, bedroom with walk-in closet and full bathroom with a tub! Plus free happy hour and maid service included daily kitchen cleanup, even dishes! Full sized fridge/freezer, micro, and stove/oven! AND CHEAPER THAN 3 PALMS! Lesson learned!!!

Room Tip: Check out Hospitality Suites Resort before staying here at 3 Palms-they're waaaaay better!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank juscre8nfun
Susan H,

My name is Brian Klein and I am the General Manager of the 3 Palms Resort Oasis. After reading your response, I see that you stayed with us back in August. I am truly sorry that there was a miscommunication about the public transportation. Our staff is actually well trained on all local points of interest, restaurants, and shopping. They also work very closely with all modes of transportation including taxis, black car service, buses, and Scottsdale's very own Ollie the Trolley ( which is a free shuttle service that travels in the old town section of Scottsdale and slightly beyond). I do wish you were able to take advantage of one of our suites that comes fully furnished with a full sized refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, cooking supplies, and two bathrooms. Some other things that we have that some of our competitors do not is an onsite all organic spa called Blu Sol, a 30 person jetted whirlpool, upgraded amenities and easy access to El Dorado Park. I do hope that you are able to give us a second chance when you come back to this area. I am confident that this staff will outshine the competition.

Oldham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

This hotel was chosen for its location to a park for relaxation/jogging/walking, and a short stroll to an excellent sports bar. A welcoming front desk , and a very efficient/prompt check-in facility. The pool/spa was a bonus and very much appreciated after a long flight. Easy access to and from Sky Harbor. Stephanie and Morgan need to be mentioned and complimented for their helpful responses to questions about the area and local facilities. Will definitely return!

Room Tip: You can choose a room with a bath/spa if needed!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Arriving at the hotel late, we found they didn't have the room with 2 queen beds we had reserved. Irritating. We were told a rollaway would be delivered but I'm pretty certain that if I hadn't called the front desk 20 minutes later it would have been forgotten. We were also told they would move us to a room with 2 queen beds the next morning. Again, I'm pretty certain that it wouldn't have happened had I not gone back to the front desk to ask the next morning. However, the young woman working at the front desk, Stephanie, was as calm, friendly, and helpful as anyone could be. She made sure we got the room we'd reserved, gave us a great lunch recommendation, and was very helpful when I needed some help printing out boarding passes. So, 3 stars for the hotel (tough to regulate the air temp, loud AC, some guy standing outside our room really late one night, smoking & talking on cell) but 5 stars for Stephanie. In the hotel's favor, the location right next to the park is outstanding. Really great asset though there isn't much else of real interest in the vicinity.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor on the park side. Park side is great, but I'm guessing a second floo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear PSPOT,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I know how busy a person can get and we value this feedback from our guests. Although, I am extremely sorry that we were unable to accommodate your initial request for two queen bedded room, I am glad that Stephanie took really good care of you. Sometimes guaranteeing room types is out of the hotel's hands. We often times have guests extend past their original departure date and therefore puts the hotel in a sold out situation for room types. That being said, I hope that you are able to come back to the 3 Palms Resort Oasis and see the hotel as it is meant to be seen, with honest and uncomplicated comfort.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Let me start by saying I do not like "hotels" with a room door that opens directly onto the parking lot or side street. I prefer a main entrance where the room access is off an interior hallway. Also, the noise level from surrounding rooms and the sidewalk in front of the room door can be louder than what is normal.
Having said that, the rooms have been updated nicely since this was a Motel. Comfortable bed, nice bathroom, relatively clean and modern. The staff was friendly and efficient. Best of all, the hotel is located literally yards from a nice park with a 4 mile jogging trail. I was a good value relative to what you will pay farther north in Scottdale.
The "lounge" had water and coffee and two PCs. That's it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the "pool side" of the property so your room will not open up to a side...
Bill D,

Thank you very much for staying with us on your recent trip to Scottsdale. I am sorry that you were disappointed with our exterior corridors. Many of the hotels and resorts in the greater Phoenix area have exterior corridors; The Biltmore, Royal Palms, and the Hotel Valley Ho. I am glad, however, that you were impressed with our upgraded room amenities. Hopefully you will choose the 3 Palms Resort Oasis when your travels bring you back to the Scottsdale area.