“Giraffes named Frank Welcome”
Review of 3 Palms Hotel

3 Palms Hotel
Ranked #35 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Very nice clean modern room. Can't beat it for the price. The front desk staff was excellent and took care of everything I needed. Make sure you ask for Stephanie, she's top notch and on top of everything. Very impressed.

Room Tip: Ask for Stephanie
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Thatsixseven
Write a ReviewReviews (1,594)

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We went to Phoenix to visit some of the main landmarks. 3 Palms hotel was perfectly located close to the Zoo, the Desert Botanical Garden, Downtown Scottsdale.

The room was impeccably clean, had all the amenities (mini fridge, microwave, safe, iron and table), free Wifi and ample parking. It was very quiet, yet close to main roads. The staff at reception is very friendly and welcoming.

We really enjoyed our stay there and would not hesitate to come back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank princesslyka
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We secured this booking at a reduced price(watch for lower prices in some seasons) and this property was well worth what we paid. The room we had was small but very clean(cudos to maid service).This room had all we needed i.e. fridge, coffee,iron etc. We asked for the quietest area of the hotel and were pleased until our last night of a 4 night stay. Loud partiers until 3am next door! No sleep, we were really PO! Called front desk but no answer. We travel alot and request quiet areas all the time. We realize that the hotel keepers can't tell in advance who the partiers are, but in a property thats barely 1/2 full I trully believe they could separate their patrons better. All in all this is a nice property thats next to a greenbelt. My wife and I took walks daily and enjoyed all the waterfowl in this area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the South side of the building are on a dead-end street and are the quietest ( at least unt...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mikey54x
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I came to stay for week to be near a firend. I hoped for tranquil weather & peaceful time at the spa. What I got was thunderstorms & guys trying to repair and spray paint the walls and fences. Much to my surprise, the staff made every effort to make my stay pleasant. Emanuel picked up a book for me at a bookshop since I was not feeling well with migraines. Morgan helped solve lots of problems, giving information about the area and genuinely making me feel at home and cared about. The staff cares for the place with a loving touch. The guys tried to work quietly and and were so gracious. I felt like I was with a kind family. Yes, I wished I had known about the repairs before I checked in...but I received more true loving kindness than discomfort.
A heartfelt Thank You and Happy New Year to the Staff one and all.

Room Tip: in room jetted tub is nice-local chinese restaurant delivers and has no MSG!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank andrea k
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I booked a stay for my birthday weekend directly through the website and I was excited because of all the great reviews I had read and the great price I was getting. When we arrived at 9pm on Dec 6 we were informed that there had been an error and some reservations from another site came in delayed so the rooms had been overbooked. I was informed that I was the first person affected and that my room had been changed to two queen beds and that the rooms had been first come first serve. There was no apology but having worked in customer service I understand things like this happen. When we got to the room there was a grease covered rag on the floor by the door and the room was so crammed I could hardly move my suitcase in front of the beds. We turned on the heater and it reeked of paint. I was frustrated cause it was so late and i just wanted to relax on my birthday but we decided it was unbearable and went to see if we could change rooms or get a refund if that wasn't possible. So we go to the front desk and explain what was wrong and the girl said they were booked so they could get us another room and brushed off our complaints by saying the room was just renovated. We asked for a refund and she said he had to wait for a supervisor but insisted they would do it. We asked if we could be notified when it was done so I left my email address and I was assured I would receive an email about the issue. We also stated that it would have been nice to have some sort of phone call or notification of the situation so we could have adjusted our travel plans and in response the girl rudely said "well I can't go back in time now". We left feeling like our issues didn't matter and no sort of consolation or even apology was offered. I never received an email about my refund so I called and left a message that Sunday and received a call back on Monday stating my refund was processed. (Still no apology). As I said I work in customer service and understand things happen but I felt like my business didn't matter at all and they were happy to just see a customer walk out. What a let down.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Reoneill1
3PalmsManager, General Manager at 3 Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Reoneill1,

My name is Brian Klein and I am the General Manager of the 3 Palms Resort Oasis. I would like to be the first to apologize. I am truly sorry that your experience of our Guest Service was less than expected. As you pointed out, our previous reviews reflect the utmost of service. It seems that on your most recent visit with us you did not experience that. I understand how frustrating it can be to not only encounter situations that are beyond your control, but then to have someone address your situation with no empathy. That is not what the 3 Palms Resort Oasis is about. We pride ourselves on being the cleanest and friendliest hotel in all of Arizona and I pause for concern when I hear that one of our guests did not experience this. Again, my deepest apologies. I hope that you are able to come back to this hotel and see the hotel as it is truly meant to be seen; with hospitality and a genuine concern for guest well being. I am going to contact you so that I can see how we can truly make this right. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know where we can do better. Thank you very much and please make it a great day!!

Reviewed 25 December 2013

I was in town visiting for the Holidays. I booked a room at the 3 palms, & for a great price! I arrived, the hotel looked nice, the rooms looked Great, it was quit, & close to a Great Park! so I was Happy with the place, until I woke up in the morning with bed bug bites all over my left & right arms, top of my neck, my back, both my hands, & Legs! so all I have to say is " LOOKS CAN BE VERY DECEIVING!!!!!!!"

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank yeaitsrapino
3PalmsManager, General Manager at 3 Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear yeaitsrapino,

My name is Brian Klein and I am the general manager of the 3 Palms Resort Oasis. We take accusations of bed bugs very seriously. I am truly sorry that you woke up with what you perceived to be bites on your arm but I can assure you they were not from bed bugs in that room. The minute that you brought this to our attention on the day you checked out, I immediately put that room out of service. Myself and two other of my managers inspected that room to make sure that there were no bugs. We absolutely found no bugs or any sign of bugs. We went so far to call our pest management vendor at our expense to have them and inspect that room with their bed bug sniffing dog. They also found no signs if bed bugs in that room.

I found it quite strange that you made no mention of bed bugs until after you realized that your non refundable reservation would not be refunded. As you can see from the numerous reviews that we receive online there is never any mention of bed bugs. We pride ourselves on being sensitive and very vigilant on keeping all manner of pests out of the hotel. This accusation that you have made is baseless and defamatory.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

We also had an upgrade to a jacuzzi in the room. We only stayed 1 night, but is was really nice. Good bed, strong airco (is was outside 40C/104F). Reception was very friendly, I had a problem with my CC, and he called several times to the store to correct it.
It's was very quiet in the area, I think because of the heat. The city was very "slow". For the men, go back 3 miles traveling to Phoenix. There is a car lane, only the top brands, like ferrari, bugatti etc etc. Nice cars :)

Room Tip: You have the outside, of the hotel. If you travel early, put your car there, it's out of the hot...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple