“Quest Services Stephanie safes the Game !!!!!”
Review of 3 Palms Hotel

3 Palms Hotel
Ranked #34 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 29 March 2014

A great hotel in Scottsdale ! Central Location ! Priced right ! Very clean and Quiet ! Plus a great spot to walk right next to the Hotel. 10 miles or less to all major Spring Training Stadiums, Super Golf courses with in that Radius too. But the best part of the 3 palms is the Staff !!!!! Guest Services Stephanie found me the best seat I have ever had at a Baseball game !!! Right next to the on Deck circle, I was talking to all my favorite players, she set me up with stub hub and printed my ticket to the game and called around to see if there were any better deals ? Thank you very much Stephanie !! The Star of 3 palms Hotel Staff !!! Will I come back ? That would be a big Yes !!!!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Great place to stay. Convenient location. Excellent staff. Very clean. Enjoyed the pool and Jacuzzi. Good family environment. We stay in the area a lot for soccer tournaments. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Room & bath/dressing area too small. At $250 a night a free breakfast should have been provided. Parking was inconvenient. No comfortable lounge area. Coffee in a locked room?! I will not repeat my stay!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Luxurytaste, General Manager at 3 Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Dureen,

As I am always troubled when I read reviews like yours. As you can see from countless other satisfied guests we do our best to provide a top notch experience. We keep our coffee in our guest lounge which does require key access. As you may or may not know when you provide a complimentary service there are those that will take advantage. We want to make sure that only our guests have access to this complimentary amenity.
As far as the rate goes, your dates of stay happened to fall during our peak season. We try to stay competitive with our surrounding hotels. We do our best to keep our rates lower than the other hotels in the area. To date, we have been very successful in that respect.
Also, as of right now we do not offer a complimentary breakfast. Unfortunately this hotel is not set up as a breakfast hotel and our philosophy is, if you are going to do it make sure you do it right. There are so many restaurants in the area that excel in this area. We are looking into ways to provide this amenity to our guests.
I am truly sorry that your stay was not a memorable one. I am even more sorry to hear that you are unwilling to give us another try. This hotel is really one of the best deals in the area. Thank you, though, for taking the time to provide your feedback. I hope your future accommodations are able to accommodate your needs.

Brian Klein

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Our first surprise was the closed poolside bar and adjacent restaurant. Next came the in-room coffee maker which didn't work, and air conditioner that only came on when we re-set the temperature. My wife & I were given one washcloth and hand towel each day. We called to complain about a loud nearby room at 3:45 Sunday morning. At 4 p.m. Sunday, when the party resumed, the hotel moved us to a different room, closer to the office, where they said most people usually don't make a lot of noise. Seems to me instead of moving us, perhaps 3 Palms may have been better off to move the noisy crowd, out of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3PalmsManager, General Manager at 3 Palms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Mr. Hergert,

My name is Brian Klein and I am the General Manager of the 3 Palms Hotel. It always makes me pause when I see reviews such as yours. The staff and myself strive each day to provide a relaxing and enjoyable environment for all of our guests and it seems you were unable to experience that on your most recent stay with us. I spoke with my Chief Engineer and he assured me that the AC that was in your room was fixed once it was brought to his attention and I am proud to say that we have not had any other complaints from that room. We have also switched out the coffee machine so that it is now in perfect working order. As far as the guests that were being loud on Sunday early morning, I am terribly sorry for that inconvenience. I understand that we did contact those guests to keep quiet which they did. We always enforce a very strict policy about curbing the excessive enthusiasm and rowdiness for all of our guests. If a guest becomes rowdy they have one chance to calm themselves down before being asked to leave. Only one incident was brought to the attention of the front desk. No follow up complaint was lodged so that we did not have to ask them to leave. That being said, I do understand that your stay was not everything that you had hoped for and for that I am truly sorry. As a hotelier, I value this kind of feedback so that we can take this information and make positive changes for our future guests. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the Scottsdale area you will consider giving us another try. Thank you and make it a great day!!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed at the 3 Palms in Scottsdale AZ for a total of 3 nights in mid-March 2014. As it was a busy time in Scottsdale big chain hotels were charging exorbitant prices & no way was I going to spend $500+ a night. So I found the 3 Palms and booked early. Then I started reading "negative" reviews which caused a doubt in my mind. After staying at this establishment, I'm happy to share my experience: DON'T WORRY! It's a very clean, comfortable, friendly and practical establishment. Although the location may not be right downtown or in Old Town Scottsdale, it's only a short bus ride away if you don't have a car, or a $20 cab fare. It's located across a lovely park with a bike path, a pond with ducks & birds, flowers, etc.
PROS:
- Friendly staff: I was definitely welcomed with a smile from Morgan when I checked in
- George was helpful as he sent someone to see my right away when I had an issue with the safe
- Service: As a business traveler, I need to be connected. 3 Palms offers FREE & FAST WiFi Internet access, 24/7
- Rooms: Quite sufficient for one or two persons - King Beds are very large with great linen & you can turn OFF the A/C if you don't want it.
- Bathrooms: Granite or marble walls and counter tops
- Other Services: Small fridge, microwave, safe to put valuables
- Toiletries: They actually smell great, plus bath salts for the Jacuzzi in the room
- Food: Although there is no restaurant on the premises, they recommended Duke's Sports Grill across the pond. You have to try their sirloin steak and salad with strawberries and feta! Best I've eaten EVER! If you're looking for the Ritz or the Hyatt or those huge, cavern-like places where breakfast is $25... don't go there. If you're looking for comfy, friendly, smaller can be better.
THANK YOU FOR A GREAT STAY! I would recommend...

Room Tip: Rooms on the pond or park side are between - 115 to 149
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BlissfulOrchid
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This place is well located in Southern Scottsdale on the bike trails! We had good access to the bike path which took us down to Tempe and over to the Phoenix Zoo and trails. Going north on the trail took us by several spring training camps and several golf courses.
This place is better for couples than for families, but we made it work. Rooms were small, but clean. The pool area is a great place to unwind after busy days. There is no restaurant on site, which was unfortunate because the places with walking distance weren't really that good. It is a short drive to all of the Scottsdale restaurants. The hotel will be better when a restaurant moves back in and services the pool bar area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2014

On a recent a visit to see family in Scottsdale I was a bit uncertain about a "boutique hotel". My trepidation was quickly cast aside! Very nice little gem. Close to family and all the action. Check in was very efficient and had a very pleasant interaction with the staff. Room was not very expansive, but well kept and clean. The decor was pleasant to the eyes. Not a lot of frills, but that wasn't on the radar for this journey. The pool area was very nice and wasn't too crowded. The weather was spectacular for late January, so we were able to enjoy many mornings and evenings poolside. The staff seemed to be very attentive to maintenance as several projects were underway on the building and grounds. The park adjacent to the hotel was well maintained and had a nice trail. Overall a very pleasant stay which was the objective when visiting family!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family