“Got my money's worth!”
Review of 3 Palms Hotel

3 Palms Hotel
Ranked #37 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I've never stayed at this hotel before until a few days ago and I really liked the place. I enjoyed my stay while there and would recommend it to anyone. I purchased it at a very decent price. I give it all 5's!

• Stayed: July 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,587)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I love staying at this hotel! Stay at lease once a month. Rooms are always clean and the pool is big. The ONLY complaint I have is I have to ask for an extra set of towels, rooms are set up for 2 people. But they always bring what I need. Close to downtown Scottsdale, there is an awesome park right next to the hotel.

Room Tip: Check in early and ask for a bottom floor room by the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My room was modern and clean. The air conditioner unit was a little noisy but that's to be expected since it lumbered under temperatures well in excess of 100 degrees. The staff was very nice and accommodating.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the stairs if you're going to the second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Family friendly pool, relaxed, no resort fee, simple but appropriate. Close to tourist areas, freeways, Scottsdale, Tempe, or Phoenix. Great for a break or a business trip. Not a chain hotel, and not fancy, which I like.

Room Tip: Personally I prefer the second floor rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Seems to be targeted toward the younger generation with cd/dvd changer and plug-ins for ethernet cables, plus sort of neo-retro colors and textures in the decor. The reception area is small, but very attractive mod design. Receptionist was great. Loved the "jet-tub" in the room. Bed was great (most important factor after cleanliness) and nice sheets, too. Had everything I needed. Quiet, didn't hear any outside noise at all. Only problem was the shower head would drip loudly intermittently. It didn't bother me after I realized that it was just going to happen, but it would have ruined my husband's night (he's a light sleeper - fortunately he was at home). Oh, and there was a nasty towel that someone had stuffed into one of the drawers. Ick.

Room Tip: You might want to check the shower head to see if there's a drip. Mine was intermittent so it wo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband & I were in Scottsdale, AZ from 6/22/14 - 6/29/14.

Since we were going to be there one week, and this trip was mostly for personal business and not really a vacation, we wanted to stay in something reasonably priced . After reading numerous reviews on this property, I was fairly certain I knew what I was getting myself into. However I'm always a little suspicious of the reviews, and was wondering before we checked in if I had made a mistake. Boy was I wrong!

While the place is something I had never heard of before it is definitely a "hidden gem" in Scottsdale. It is very reasonably priced for its' location in Scottsdale. While it is an "older" hotel, they do an outstanding job of keeping the grounds, the pool & the rooms clean.

Some other positives about the place are that the pool area is beautiful. We had a second floor room with a view of the park and we going to the park across the street. We loved the location of the facility and the easy access to any place we wanted to go around the city. The bed was comfortable and when I could get to sleep....I slept comfortably.....I even liked the pillows & I'm pretty picky! The front desk staff was always very polite and courteous. The room comes with a small refridgerator, safe, and microwave. We were able to cut some meal expenses by going the big Fry's Grocery Store right across the street.

My only complaint was having an adjoining room door in our room. I was told most rooms have this and thus they are not the most sound proof. We did have a few other minor issues, but they were taken care of by management. So I can attest to the fact that management does take complaints seriously, and does address them with their guests.

In conclusion, the price can't be beat, for the amenities & location. The 3 Palms is truly one-of-a-kind in Scottsdale. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the park, on the second floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maribee61
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the 3 palms on a business trip. I was there for 45 days and it was the best service and price of any hotel in the area. The pool was great and was never over crowed, the fitness room was small but it was very nice. The staff was great and always willing to help you with any problem.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business