“wanna be resort”
Review of 3 Palms Hotel

3 Palms Hotel
Ranked #38 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 31 January 2009

From the start the front desk was very snooty and rude, the general manager was not any better; infact he was about the biggest jerk of them all. The rooms were clean and very fashionable :) how ever the tv did not work, the hot tub would not operate and even the vending machines were out of order. I could have had a better time at the motel 6. Expect to see alot of homeless ppl across the way at the park also alot of young punk skater kids smoking dope. Ohyeah remember to always watch your back, its not in the best area at all.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank tammylikesit
Write a ReviewReviews (1,587)

Reviewed 31 January 2009

We stayed at the 3 Palms hotel for one night on a trip toward the Grand Canyon. The room was super clean, modern, and comfortable. The pool is great, there's a huge hot tub, and the hotel gives off a great vibe. The only complain that I have is that the walls were pretty thin...a few times I could hear people in other rooms, but it wasn't that big of a deal. Bonus, I only paid $90, including all taxes and fees. I would definitely recommend staying at the 3 Palms!

Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed 30 January 2009

My wife and I just returned this past weekend. We had stayed at this hotel a number of times in the past when it was called Inn Suittes. The place has been terrifically renovated and was spotless. The staff were very friendly and the amenities the hotel offers were top notch. They just opened a brand new restaurant called "Avalon "adjacent to the lobby. It too has been completely renovated and the food and service is several notches above the former PJ's cafe. It is open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. My wife and I enjoyed the food and friendly service so much we ate there 2 of the three days we stayed.
RJ the newly appointed General manager was so attentive to our every need. He really made us feel right at home. It was a real pleasure meeting him and some of his staff.
An additional plus to this great hotel is the beautiful and exceptionally clean Vista Del Camino Park located directly across the street from the hotel. Beuatiful scenery and a great place to go for a walk,jog or just to sit and enjoy the day!
I highly recommend the 3 Palms to anyone planning to visit the Scottsdale area.

1  Thank SmartTrader
Reviewed 27 January 2009

My husband and I just returned from a week away in warm, sunny Scottsdale. We located the 3 Palms online, read all of the great reviews and decided to take a chance. We were not disappointed!

The hotel was clean, modern and very convenient to the interstate, Phoenix, Tempe and Old Town-basically smack dab in the middle of it all. The staff was friendly and very accomodating to all of our needs.

Although the Barrett Jackson Car Show, the Football playoffs and PF Chang's Rock and Roll Marathon was going on the same weekend we were there---we never felt lost in it all.

We would not hesitate to stay here again if our travels bring us back to Scottsdale. Our only regret is that the we missed the new restaurant opening by only one day. It looked fabulous and I am sure we would have enjoyed that too!

1  Thank fortmama
Reviewed 24 January 2009

This hotel was terrible. Everything from the front desk staff to maintenance staff as I was having so many various problems in my room. It didn't seem like I could move in that room without something going wrong. I had a room with a jaccuzzi in it. The jacuzzi would not turn off. I contacted the front desk and was told to basically deal with it. I had to have the jaccuzzi on in my room all night until the maintenance staff showed up the following morning. That meant I didn't get any sleep because I had to continually fill it up with water or the sound of air being sucked into the jets was so much worse. The next morning I wanted to speak with the manager and the front desk staff seemed as if they were protecting them instead of getting them for me. I will never again stay in this hotel. I would have had a better night sleep had I slept in the park next door.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank Happy_Camper1479
Reviewed 18 January 2009

We spent two nights here, January 12 and 13. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
The hotel is well located; it's easy to find from Sky Harbor Airport, close to the restaurants in Old Town Scottsdale and near the Desert Botanical Garden. We also liked that the hotel was across the road from a park, where we could see the locals walking their dogs or going for a stroll or a jog in the evenings. We had a very pleasant chat with one woman who was walking a Boston Terrier (we were already missing our BT back home in Toronto).
Our room was smallish, but well designed and had everything we needed. The king-sized bed was beautifully dressed and very comfortable with a cozy down duvet. One of the lights over the mirror in our room needed replacing, as did the regulator on the shower head. I reported this to the front desk as we were leaving for the day, and on our return to our room we found that the light was working and there was a brand new shower head installed in the bathroom.
All in all a great place to stay and good value.

1  Thank L_J_RToronto
Reviewed 16 January 2009

I stayed at The 3 Palms in December to attend a work convention. What a great find it was! I especially liked the botique feel of the hotel; small, quiet, quaint, and classy. I was able to relax and get my work done when I returned from the convention. Great location and great staff.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business