“Best Deal in Town”

Ranked #37 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Claremont
“Best Deal in Town”
Reviewed 1 March 2009

This was my second time to stay at the 3 Palms, and I have never had such good quality for the price. I usually stay at the chain hotels that charge top dollar but I am not always satisfied. I have now decided to make this my pick of hotels in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
merrillville, IN
Reviewed 27 February 2009

I just got back from a short trip to the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. We booked this property through Expedia. While it wasn't the worst hotel we've ever stayed at, it also wasn't the best. We looked at the pictures of the property, and read the amenities that were included and decided that a "swim up pool bar, terry cloth robes, and activities desk" were things usually only associated with a better hotel property. I guess we should have looked a little closer. While the property was clean, and the hotel staff was wonderful, the amenities weren't what we were expecting. The spa services were in a hotel room upstairs. The pool bar wasn't operating (and I was at the pool from 11 until 3:30). The restaurant was in a separate building, which looked like the inside of a garage decorated with tables and chairs.....and did I miss the part where it said that the property was an INN???? The location was wonderful, and the pool was spotless and very pretty, but if you're looking for a REAL resort property, or somewhere that's going to make you feel spoiled or pampered....this isn't it. If you're looking for clean and value and don't care how small the rooms are (it said 2 queen beds, but they were full size at best).....then book this....great value here!

• Stayed February 2009
Phoenix
Reviewed 21 February 2009

Went with a friend for a 2-night relaxation and stayed at this hotel. We were impressed with the decor of the room for the room price we had to pay. The front desk staff were friendly and very accomodating. We especially liked the warm friendly welcome we had from the hotel manager who happened to be around when we were checking in. That was a nice touch. Overall, we recommend this hotel, we had a good stay. Will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
dallas
Reviewed 10 February 2009

My husband and I just got back from visiting our daughter at Arizona State and stayed at the 3 Palms Hotel. Great location and great price. This will definitely be the place we stay everyt ime we go to Scottsdale!

• Liked — friendly staff and location of the hotel
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
FL
Reviewed 31 January 2009

From the start the front desk was very snooty and rude, the general manager was not any better; infact he was about the biggest jerk of them all. The rooms were clean and very fashionable :) how ever the tv did not work, the hot tub would not operate and even the vending machines were out of order. I could have had a better time at the motel 6. Expect to see alot of homeless ppl across the way at the park also alot of young punk skater kids smoking dope. Ohyeah remember to always watch your back, its not in the best area at all.

• Liked — beds were comfortable
  • Disliked — nothing was good about staying here except for having a comfortable bed to sleep in.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank tammylikesit
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 31 January 2009

We stayed at the 3 Palms hotel for one night on a trip toward the Grand Canyon. The room was super clean, modern, and comfortable. The pool is great, there's a huge hot tub, and the hotel gives off a great vibe. The only complain that I have is that the walls were pretty thin...a few times I could hear people in other rooms, but it wasn't that big of a deal. Bonus, I only paid $90, including all taxes and fees. I would definitely recommend staying at the 3 Palms!

Stayed January 2009
Long Island NY
Reviewed 30 January 2009

My wife and I just returned this past weekend. We had stayed at this hotel a number of times in the past when it was called Inn Suittes. The place has been terrifically renovated and was spotless. The staff were very friendly and the amenities the hotel offers were top notch. They just opened a brand new restaurant called "Avalon "adjacent to the lobby. It too has been completely renovated and the food and service is several notches above the former PJ's cafe. It is open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. My wife and I enjoyed the food and friendly service so much we ate there 2 of the three days we stayed.
RJ the newly appointed General manager was so attentive to our every need. He really made us feel right at home. It was a real pleasure meeting him and some of his staff.
An additional plus to this great hotel is the beautiful and exceptionally clean Vista Del Camino Park located directly across the street from the hotel. Beuatiful scenery and a great place to go for a walk,jog or just to sit and enjoy the day!
I highly recommend the 3 Palms to anyone planning to visit the Scottsdale area.

• Liked — Location and facility updates
  • Disliked — No dislikes
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple