“Great value, nice decor. I will stay here again.”
Review of 3 Palms Hotel

3 Palms Hotel
Ranked #38 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 24 October 2009

I booked through third party website looking for the cheapest 'decent' place to stay. I was in Phoenix to see U2. The room was very nice, modern decor, very clean bathroom. The hotel has a pool, though I didn't have a chance to use it. For the $50 a night I paid for this place it was a steal. I would have been satisfied if I had paid around $100.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank NYhitchhiker

Reviewed 19 October 2009

I attended a conference in Scottsdale, but the conference hotel was out of my price range. I found the 3 Palms online and they were having a special at $41/night. At that rate I wasn't sure what to expect, but was amazed by the delightful decor, friendly and helpful staff, and overall comfort of this hotel. It is so easy to get to and near many of the places I wanted to visit, particularly the Desert Botanical Garden. The staff was also very knowledgeable about the amenities in the area, restaurants, gas stations etc. The top-rated restaurant next door provides room service and breakfast baskets, although with a microwave and fridge in each room, you don't need to eat out unless you want to. Overall, a great stay in a real gem.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank madhattervt
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Stayed in the King Deluxe. The room was pretty neat, a little smaller than what was expected. The major problem was the surround sound in the room. The sound caused the room above us to complain because they thought we were playing loud music. We received a complaint each time they played a movie. So, basically we had to turn off the air-conditioner and almost have the movie on mute. I have notiied management cuz this was not fun and was a huge downer.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2009

Excellent service at check in, two nice ladies-very efficient. Nice Pool and pool area for hanging out. Very comfortable rooms even with home theater system, wireless internet, guest lounge with newspapers, Italian coffee, computers. We loved it.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2009

The staff was helpful. The lobby was a cute boutique style and coffee was available as well as a computer in the guest lounge. I liked that they had the upper pool deck as you could hang out there at night. We had a great view of the pond and the park across the street. Be aware that the rooms are really small and the walls are like paper. This is basically a nicely done converted motel. You can get 2 rooms, one being a kitchen/ living room. The hot tub is so big you can swim in it which was nice because the pool was not heated as advertised. The pool was pretty much unswimable. BYO drinks to the pool or order from room service. No bar to hang out at unless you walk a little. Fry's is right across the street and it is close to downtown Scottsdale if you have a car. The beds were really comfortable. They offer spa services. The price was unbeatable. Someone put some money into converting this place. Hope they get it back.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2009

I was nervous because the price was right ($68 for a king bed with a hot tub in the room). I was booking at the last minute and not familiar with the neighborhood. I was relieved when I drove up. Nice modern decor, friendly check-in. The neighborhood feels safe to me and I don't mind staying in Scottsdale. This was especially close to the Desert Botanical Garden, so that was an added bonus.
The room is small, but not tight. The bathroom is, however, very small. The bed is comfy, the hot tub worked fine. We were right across from the pool and I was expecting a lot of noise, but it seemed that they didn't have a full house at this time of year. I wonder how it would be during high season.
Also...our room was far from the parking. No biggie, just had to lug some suitcases down a long corridor.
Overall, I liked it and would consider coming back for a few days stay.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2009

We stayed for 2 nights at the 3 Palms in Scottsdale. It was very nice. The weather was 105+ so we didn't venture out to the pool. The room faced west and althuogh the afternoon sun was blazing hot the room stayed nice and cool. The rooms were decorated very modern and looked nice. Fridge & Microwave came standard with the room. High Speed internet was free and fast.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family