“a great experience”

Ranked #34 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
wisconsin
“a great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2010

nice hotel, great staff. beds were not quite as cofortable as i would have liked, but all in all a great experience.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
AZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2010

I chose this hotel after looking at the website online and originally booked it for two nights. I left after the first night. The hotel is basically a dressed up crusty motel. I will admit that the bed was comfortable, but that was completely lost when I was woken up first at 2 AM by loud partying people walking back and forth from their room and secondarily at 5AM when people decided to drag their suitcases down the stairs.

I think the room itself was tolerable, but it was grossly overpriced for what it was. For 200 dollars I expect a nice room and the website even gave the impression of a "boutique hotel". This is absolutely not a boutique hotel.

There are much nicer rooms significantly closer to the areas in Scottsdale where most people go to visit. This hotel is in a marginal location at best.

I would strongly recommend against staying at this hotel. I will never consider it again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank CDPAz
3PalmsGeneralManager, General Manager at 3 Palms Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2010
Although I appreciate your opinion, I have recently taken over as general manager at this hotel and have spoken to many guests who are extremely pleased with their stay. I do apologize if you felt you had a bad experience. I'd be more than happy to discuss with you any problems you experienced and see if there is any way to re- gain your business and make your next stay much more pleasurable.
Please feel free to contact me.
Steve Sugihara -General Manager
Edmonton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2010

My husband and I booked 5 nights a 3 Palms and stayed only 2. If you are looking for a Boutique Hotel which they claim to be, this is not the place for you. Although there is fresh paint and some interesting lobby furniture, this is still a motor Lodge trying to be something it is not. When I asked for wine glasses they didn't have any. The pool is OK but the 'fitness center' has a padlock on the door even in the daytime. There is a nice park across the street great for running/walking. The best part of the motel is the Avalon restaurant next door, and the $20.00 coupon you get for it, when you check in. Excellent food, well worth the more upscale prices, we ate there a second time even without a coupon. We were woken up at 5 am when the garbage truck came. We had the 'Barrier Free room with roll in shower. which really wasn't barrier free. The threshold to get into the room was so high my husband couldn't get into the room without assistance. The room was so small I had to move furniture into the shower stall just so there was somewhere to turn around in the room, and my husband has a small wheelchair. The bathroom did not have adequate grab bars and the first time my husband tried to use the shower he pulled the towel bar off the wall. There was nowhere to put toiletries so they sat on the bench in the shower, until the shower need to be used. The closet was unusable even for someone not in a wheelchair because of furniture blocking access. Perhaps the "Non Barrier Free" rooms are better, but I would certainly not recommend this Motel to anyone who is physically challenged.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovetotravelEdmonton
3PalmsGeneralManager, General Manager at 3 Palms Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2010
Hello,
Thank you for your review. I just wanted to assure you we are always striving to improve our guest experience so your input is appreciated. If there is anything I can do to improve your stay I would be happy to discuss this with you and hope that you would give us another try.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Steve Sugihara
Kennett Square, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2010

We searched at length for an affordable hotel or B&B in "historic" Scottsdale, and then we discovered 3 Palms. It was only a short drive or bus ride or 3 mile walk to the historic center, and it was right next to a fantastic restaurant, Avalon. A plus for us was the wonderful, large park right next door, which had a great paved running/biking/roller blading trail and fun Frisbee golf course. Views at sunset over the park were fabulous. Service was quick and friendly. There is a pool and an exercise room. Rooms were modern European-style decor. Nothing fancy but very clean and somewhat attractive. A great value. A huge plus was the $20 off the Avalon restaurant next door!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PA610
Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2010

I chose this hotel because it had maintained a four-star rating after 95 reviews. My husband and I were attending a conference at the zoo (a couple of miles away). We got a very good price on the hotel by paying ahead through Travelocity, and when we checked in we were given a $20 coupon for the adjacent restaurant. The hotel staff were super friendly; the bed was terrifically comfortable; the restaurant had unique and delicious food, and the location was convenient to the zoo, the airport and Oldtown Scottsdale. People in the room next door turned on extremely loud music, but when we called the front desk, they sent security right up and the noise abated promptly.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank MaineTumbleweed
Manchester, UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2010

Stayed for 4 nights, plus sides room quite nice and recently refurbished. Negatives - loud noise and early morning wake up due to trash disposal, cleaning and police activity in neighborhood. This hotel is basically a motel with refurbished and classier rooms. My main issue was staff dishonesty and unwarranted charges to my card. I would have left a positive review but i had fraudulent charges added by the hotel and no response despite writing to them. I stayed during the Phoenix open so there were fewer alternatives but I would suggest that there were better alternatives around for a cheaper price and the hotel is difficult to find because the entrance is not clearly marked with branded signage that you would get at a chain hotel. Not the worst hotel by a long shot but severely let down by a lack of customer service and guest consideration.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Matt H
Cold Spring, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2010

Clean, contemporary, friendly staff. Loved having on-site laundry. I wish I had brought my swimsuit!

Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends