other travellers have booked this property
Sunset poolside
our house, bedroom suite is on the left view looking into your room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Sunset poolside
our house, bedroom suite is on the left
view looking into your room
master bedroom
bar and firepit outside your room
walking into your room from the outside
2nd bedroom with twin beds
poolside, looking at the rest of the house and Granite Mountain
another sunset view from your room
desk area with coffee station
the backyard with pool and deck
Bisquit looking for a snack!
breakfast poolside
front entry in bloom
c'mon down to the barn, the horses love visitors
A double crested saguaro!
Awesome hiking!
our backyard - we're so blessed!
The barn
we're situated right on the Tonto National Forest, not a lot of neighbors!
Rio Rancho Verde - Welcome!
Amazing sunsets
Ridin' out from the ranch with some of our guests
sunset
And more!
A cool cowboy - one of our many guests!
guests at the ranch, spring flowers
Incredible storms!
On the trail
Water in the desert - you bet!
Window rock - great place for lunch!
The best mountain biking!
early morning riser
Hike to The Michelin Man!
Blood moon
walk out the door into the great outdoors!
The wild horses down at the river, 9 miles away
wild horses down by the river, 9 miles away
wild horses down by the river, 9 miles away
a cool drink while you lounge by the pool
cactus in bloom by the pool
ocotillo in the spring
outside your window
barn backs up to the Tonto National Forest
ride right out our gate into miles of trails
Our neighborhood kitty kat (named Bob...)
our organic garden, help yourself!
riding out of the barn
Cauliflower cowboy!  Help yourself to the organic garden!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
bridgetru...
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Landscape and Quiet Setting, Inaccurate Accomodations and Unprofessional Owner”
Reviewed 19 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

I stayed at Rio Rancho Verde with my mother and sisters for about a week. We were initially very happy with our stay -- enjoying the peace and quiet of the area, and relaxing setting at the pool. Then, on my second day, the owner (who lives in the attached house) accused us of an oil stain on one of the bedspreads. We explained to her that none of us had any liquids with us, and the stain was not from us. Later, we tried to cook in the "outdoor kitchen," however the grill was non-functional (it reached about 100 degrees at most) and the one propane burner only worked on half of the burner. The owner said that the "grill takes a while to warm up," however that was not the case. Because of this inconvenience, we were forced to find other areas to eat almost each meal, which is difficult and inconvenient when you are staying at a remote place; the nearest eatery was 30+ minutes away.

In short, the outdoor kitchen was basically non-functional, mattresses were very uncomfortable, pool was non-heated, the gas fire pit was broken, and most memorably, we were wrongfully blamed for a spot on one of the bedspreads. And apparently a broken wineglass...? Which was strange, as all of the wineglasses were plastic and returned at the end of our stay.

When we returned home, my mother was hounded by the owner to write a review on TripAdvisor. After my mother reviewed the property the first time, the owner proceeded to refuse to return her full damage deposit on the basis of the review --- which, in my opinion, was overly generous and gracious, Very bizarre and defensive response from the owner, and overall just very unprofessional and childish behavior.

The price is right on this place, but it is just not worth it for the aforementioned inconveniences and unprofessional behavior on the owner's part. Our trip was enjoyable, yet the owner's disappointing (and frankly embarrassing) behavior made all of us quite uncomfortable and tainted the quality of our trip overall.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Scenic view, relaxing atmosphere.
Liked least: Non-functional kitchen appliances, unprofessional owner.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
11 May 2016
I'm sorry that you were unhappy that we did not refund the security deposit to your mother, because of the damages caused by you and your sisters. Your mother actually left us a wonderful 5 star review, stating that we "were great hosts", so the return of the security deposit was certainly not based on her review. I explained to your mother the extent of the damages that were caused and that you and your sisters not only ruined the custom bedspread but you left trash everywhere, dishes in the sink, stains on the counter, garbage on the floor and basically treated our house like a dorm room. Her and I did agree to disagree and while she wasn't happy about it, she was very gracious (with age comes wisdom?). This is certainly nothing personal, you were all very sweet, nice, kind people, and I certainly understand your desire to defend your mom. While I admire that, I also am sorry that you felt the need to retaliate by posting the above review. In all the time we've been hosts, we have never NOT returned a security deposit but the manner in which you treated our house, and the damages done were a lot more than the $97 that I kept. You mentioned that you didn't have any liquids, however I can't imagine that you spent a week at the pool without sunscreen, or didn't use shampoo, lotion, hair gel/spray,, makeup, perfume etc. during your stay. And the wine bottles that I cleaned up, along with the rest of the mess, including drink bottles, juice, coffee, food items, etc. certainly contained liquid. We've had over 100 guests and not one of them has mentioned a broken grill or propane burner - I also made it a point to ask you daily if you needed anything or if there was anything I could do for you, and you never mentioned the grill, the burner or the fireplace (which is also operable). You cooked breakfast here daily and spent most days and evenings here so if there actually was something wrong with the grill, I would of assumed you would of mentioned it to me. You were never charged for a broken wineglass so maybe you're thinking of another rental you stayed at? We provide an exceptional level of service in an exclusive, upscale setting and our guest reviews (over 40 Five Star reviews in one year) reflect the standards to which we strive, not only to maintain, but to exceed. We're not a frat house, or a college dorm, or a youth hostel and quite honestly, that's not the market we cater to. We're not for everyone and a lot of people will truly be happier staying at a hotel with room service, housekeeping and a maid that picks up after them on a daily basis. However, if you want an amazing experience in an absolutely awesome setting, and respect the environment in which you're visiting, then we'd love to have you!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing