“stylish sushi, worth it”
Review of PURE

PURE
Reserve with OpenTable
PURE is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #355 of 1,284 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: North Scottsdale
Cross street: Hayden and Thompson Peak
Description: Pure Sushi Restaurant offers an exquisite dining experience with an incredible selection of sashimi, specialty rolls, as well as a wide variety of hot food items (for the non-sushi lovers)! Pure Sushi is a North Scottsdale top trend restaurant with an inviting ambiance and an excellent quality of fish, coming from all over the world on a daily basis! Pure Sushi will not only offer you our amazing menu, we also offer daily features created by our head sushi chef!
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Very tasty, expensive, but in this hood, price doesn't matter much. They have a great happy hour and for the shear delite on the eyes, this is the place. The crowd is almost as beautiful as the cars in the parking lot outside. I'll be back with my mammys black AmEx card!

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Food is served quickly and skillfully plated. Very tasty food at a bargain during their happy hours.

Reviewed 1 March 2013

Wow has this place been heading downhill. I didnt believe the other reviews when I read the poorer reviews so I had to find out for myself. Its true. The service has dropped and we waited an hour for sushi. The meals were just ok. The manager stopped over to apologize but it was too late. We wont be back

1  Thank Rick P
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Hey, it's AZ after all, and it's hard to find good sushi here. If you are a regular visitor to NY, LA, SF, etc and eat good sushi in these places, you will not be impressed with this. We weren't, but it also isn't terrible.
They have attentive service and friendly waiters. The outdoor seating is nice for a lunch setting....it is in a shopping center, but it manages to not feel like you are sitting in the parking lot.
I would go back, but that's because there isn't a lot of competition in the area that does much better, but I will say they are overpriced especially due to the quality.
We've been here twice, both times for lunch.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

Having moved to Arizona from San Francisco in 2004, I've tried so many restaurants for sushi and sashimi. PURE is the first restaurant to impress me and even better, it won over my mother who is stickler not only for fresh fish but presentation.

This location of Pure is in a shopping center but the restaurant has gone out of it's way to make the interior ambiance chic and cozy. Even the outside patio dining feels intimate with roll up/down fabric blinds, heaters in the chill weather and outdoor fireplace.

Very few restaurants with serve Uni sea urchin and if they do, there's a wide range of quality. My mom will eat Uni here! Aside from that fresh ocean tasting morsel, we are huge fans of PURE's "Fire Dragon Roll" and their Sea Bass entree. If you're a fan of good looking and good quality food, it's here.

We also like PURE because you can bring dressed up guests and they won't feel out of place. Fellow diners here seem to like to make an effort to enhance the ambiance. It's a positive feeling atmosphere with attentive staff that make you feel pampered. We've had dates here, gotten engaged here, celebrated New Year's and birthdays without one disappointment.

Oh! PURE has a great happy hour menu that is also offered on Sunday.