“Stay away from that little dive!”
Review of Tiramisu Ristorante - CLOSED

Tiramisu Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Scottsdale
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We heard so many rave reviews about this "gem" that we made a last minute reservation for two on a Monday night. The call was answered by a lady who rapidly transfer me to the chef. When we arrived at 7:30pm we were the only guests and it stayed so until we left. Now we understood why! My wife ordered a melon with prosciutto. The melon was not ripe enough. Unfortunately, I ordered the calamari. They were chewy and smelly, swimming in a sauce directly from the can! Barely edible! As an entree, my wife selected the pollo marsala. It was made with thin scalopine of frozen chicken without any taste. My vitello al limone (veal with lemon) was not edible at all: hard slices of veal covered with a thick layer of flower and bathing in a gooey tasteless sauce. Awful! I doggy bagged it for our dog. The glass of Pinot Grigio was lukewarm and the bottle has been sitting open for at least a week. At about $80 the bill killed us!
Never again.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

My family and I visited this lovely little restaurant. We enjoyed some classic Italian dishes that were well made and great value. Speed and quality is important when you have children, and this place doesn't disappoint.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

We had a great meal and felt very welcomed here. Very nice ambience and the best meal we had in Scottsdale

Reviewed 27 March 2013

After reading the reviews here and on Yelp decided this sounded like a good place to dine as prefer to support local small places. Ambience was okay. No one present in dining room except two other tables were occupied out of 20. Waited for someone to show up for over 5 minutes and that was when I should have known to leave. Server showed up never apologized or made any eye contact with us or welcome gesture just said "Sit over here, okay?" And plopped a dinner menu and dessert menu on the table and left. She returned after a bit - meanwhile no staff was present at all. We ordered and waited quite a while for our food. Reading from other reviews this seemed to be normal and according to reviewers well worth the wait. Companion ordered eggplant and I ordered fettucini we shared a caprese appetizer. The fettucini was awful - tasteless just a big dish of soupy tasteless pasta and sauce. The eggplant faired slightly better but still little taste. The caprese was not great and the tomatoes were definitely hard and green inside. The server never once checked back with us - and it was not busy in there so I guess everyone else knows to stay away. Had to flag her down to get check and was glad to have the meal over with. After all the reviews of treat you like family, great home cooked style meals leaves me wondering who wrote those reviews. Certainly not worth dining here again - ever.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

We have been visiting or have lived in Scottsdale for the past 14 years and enjoyed many meals at Tiramisu. Every meal has been enjoyable and relaxing like dining at a good friends house. Each meal is prepared specifically for you and served by Orsula who greets you like family. We have watched their family grow over the years and remember Guiseppe (the Grandson) when he was a tot playing with his toy trucks in the dining room. We highly recommend Tiramisu to those just new to Scottsdale or those who have lived there and never visited.