“Average; nothing special; just average”

Red Robin America's Gourmet Burgers and Spirits
Ranked #299 of 1,299 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Got there well before the dinner hour and was one of three people in the place. Promptly greeted with a smile and served a nice cold beer. I chose a bowl of French Onion soup, to which my server said, " That's it? That's all you're going to eat"?
Soup was warm, not hot, but had plenty of melted cheese on top. That part was good, but the onions were not to be found.
I finished, then walked across the street to the Chick Fil A to finish my dinner.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Had a great burger and bottomless fries - all meals the family ordered were great. Little mixup on one order, but was fixed right away. Good service, staff was very friendly. Very broad menu containing burgers, chicken, salads, appetizers, kids meals.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Staff was wonderful, service was great, food was amazing. We ended up eating here more than once during our trip.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

1st time I've been to one of these. Nice decor and good food. We had chicken sandwiches and root beer floats. All was good. Excellent/friendly staff in a fun atmosphere.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Took our 3 year old granddaughters to the restaurant and the kids' food was just average.
I had the southwest chicken salad and my wife had a cheeseburger and we both agreed that each item was below average. The salad dressing was watery and they put a not so tasty relish on the cheeseburger that was a surprise--guess it's their specialty---my wife had to scape it off in order to eat the cheeseburger. Portions were generous, but quality was lacking.

Also, one of the male servers was yelling at the cooks so the atmosphere wasn't terrific for dining out.