“I'm told...”

Neighbourhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Lakewood, Colorado
“I'm told...”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I'm told this is a hopping place and it was recommended by our local travel writer. What we found was a very quiet place, wine flights were edging toward the pricey side as were their specialty drinks. Food was average, but our waitress was excellent and honest. They love to sell the "Speak Easy" moniker, I must say, it is more just a a dark restaurant with a cover charge, and average/costly experiences from there.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank SeanH689

• Polish first
New York City, New York
“Noisy & Dark”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Another word for it: lousy. Disappointed from attempt to have dinner in the owner's restaurant around the corner, Cowboy ciao (don't expect any cowboy stuff there, it's a catch name without substance) we walk to the bar. We had noticed it couple of days ago with an intriguing notice about speak-easy in front, and hidden entrance in back. That's where the attraction ends. Inside it's very dark and deafening music is blaring from the loud speakers. Munching menu is extremely limited, interesting wines are overpriced.

• Visited February 2014
Vancouver Island
“Great 'hole in the wall'”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Hit it up on a Friday night for a glass of wine and some cool tunes. Great ambiance, décor, wine list and quirky menu. Will be back.

• Visited November 2013
“Great place to relax and enjoy some great music.”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I've been to Kazimierz every time I've gone to Scottsdale to visit. It seems like a great local place, where a lot of out-of-towners can go and feel welcome as well. Love the music venues and enjoyed each of my visits. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a great place to hang out, enjoy music and meet people.

• Visited November 2012
Baton Rouge
“Great Jazz”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I went to Kaimierz looking for a jazz club in which to spend an evening. I had never been to one to speak of before, so I was interested. It's situated in an upscale shopping area, but the door is pretty hidden and practically umarked. I arrived at 8 on Monday, and the crowd was pretty sparse. Music didn't start until 9, but I decided to wait, since it's a good half hour from downtown Phoenix.

They were out of the wine I ordered, but they substituted a similar one. So I killed a pretty boring hour waiting on the musicians to arrive.

Once they did, I really enjoyed the experience. The setup was drums, electric piano that doubled as bass in the left hand, trumpet, sax, and a superb female vocalist. As to not offend the lady, she was a jazz singer with quite a few years of experience. She really knocked my socks off. I stayed until just after 11.

A couple of times, there were some patrons who were trying to talk over the music. It was pretty annoying to hear "dude" and "like" when I was trying to listen to some really fine jazz. They quieted down, though. I guess that makes me prematurely an old man, but come on guys.

Waitresses had a little trouble with my move from the bar to a table, but after I flagged one down, they were attentive and friendly.

Atmosphere is very dark and private. When the music starts, it's very intimate, but never too loud.

Monday and Thursday are standards nights according to a website where I found it. When I left, they were charging at the door, but I didn't have to pay at 8.

• Visited September 2013