“Dinner”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Dinner”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The food was good. Being from Texas I was impressed with the food. It wasn't like the Mexican food I'm use to but it was good. We had a new waitress and she did not get all our order right but it was fixed in a pleasant manner. I would go back if ever in town again.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Lee M

Sedona, Arizona
“Nice Breakfast by the Red Rocks”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My partner and I tried breakfast around 11am. The place was quiet, with only a few other tables occupied. Service was friendly and food was very good. Plenty of good-sized portions. They don't do local discount, but they offer a free margarita for each table of locals, so that could be nice at lunch or dinner sometime. We'll be back to try their other menus.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Lauren Q
Sedona, Arizona
“Fabulous food, amazing service!”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Maria's is, hand's down, my favorite local restaurant here in Sedona/Village of Oak Creek. Consistency of quality lacks in many tourist-area restaurants; however, Maria's is consistently delicious. The tamales, enchiladas, and fajitas take center stage in my opinion; however, the tacos shouldn't be overlooked (and I have it on good authority that the burritos and chimis are delish, too). Not quite in the mood for Mexican? Maria's has tasty American fare, too, including sandwiches and a fabulous Sedona wrap, all served with fries.

The service here, though, is what truly keeps me coming back. Every server there greets you with a smile. On my most recent visit, my incredible server, Jolene, was by herself waiting -- yet she still promptly brought chips, drinks, and, of course, orders with a smile and and just enough pleasant conversation to know she valued each and every customer. Even though I dine here regularly, I was impressed with her ability to go above and beyond to make every diner feel like a VIP. I'm also kind of jealous that my body could never hustle like hers!

The restaurant entrance, er, entrances confuse some - the one out front is prominently marked. However, when you walk in, it's like, "Um..." There is no "please, seat yourself," or, "please wait to be seated," sign. The true main entrance (at least where the service/checkout station is, is down an alley around the side of the building. I personally find the dual entry charming as a local, but as a tourist, it's a bit odd.

All in all, I give Maria's a 10/10 for food, and a 20/10 for service. I highly recommend Maria's to travelers and locals alike.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank JdiStefano33
Tucson, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very good atmosphere, staff and food.”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The staff were very friendly but on point. Good food and wonderful; atmosphere. Martine was our server and quite the knowledgeable person about various regions of the world. Sounds like a well conditioned traveler if you have questions.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank henry d
San Francisco, California
“great service, shameful "food!"”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

we had a very nice waitress, but the "car it as" that we were served was really shameful - blocks of hard, very dry, pale, overcooked meat with little seasoning ($13). I wish that I could qualify that as somewhat hyperbolic, but it's actually an unemotional description. guacamole didn't look or taste fresh ($5!). sorry...

1 Thank ppp4p6p89

Been to Maria's Restaurant? Share your experiences!