“Not to be missed”

and up
Sedona Off-Road Canyon Jeep Tour
Ranked #15 of 159 things to do in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: This popular hiking trail heads about three miles into a deep box canyon and includes ancient Sinaguan Indian ruins along the way.
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Being "of a certain age" hikers, we hiked a good part of this trail and the Boynton Vista Trail, as well. The bright sun, blue sky and puffy white clouds added to the beauty. The strong pull of the vortices was amazing! Having just lost my father, much of the grief was dispatched when I felt Dad was at peace. It was an "OMG" experience, not to be missed.

1  Thank BabsNMarty
"worth the effort"
"amazing views"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were staying at Enchantment so this trail was handy. It was also an easy trail so for those who want to be outside, close to those gorgeous red rocks and don't want to be challenged this is a nice choice. I believe this trail is 5 miles (so please note my visit time is all I'd recommend spending not how long you could spend). We did not do the whole trail but the thing I did not like was you are more in the brush and trees. I tend to like more open trail for vistas and possibly wildlife. The other trail at Enchantment (name is escaping me as I write) was much better.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

BC offers some scenic rock viewing as well as some disappointing views of a local resort tucked away in the red rock canyon plus fencing dividing public and private land. This hike can be somewhat strenuous and it is definitely subject to being hot in the summer months.

1  Thank Chuck2010
Reviewed 19 June 2014

After reading the rave reviews of this trail, we were disappointed. It has some pretty views but driving through Sedona in your car provides those. Probably the biggest disappointment is that the first mile or so takes you along barbed wires, steel fencing to the Enchantment Resort and all the hub-bub and activity of the resort. We heard delivery trucks, motorcycles and people talking and enjoying themselves in the resort. That’s great but if I want that I’ll stay at the pool at the hotel; however, it’s not what I expect on a trail. It could be we missed something along the way but I’d definitely recommend Fay Canyon Trail or for the more adventurous, Devil’s Bridge Trail.

4  Thank GrandFan13