“Delicious and Authentic Indian Cuisine”
Review of India Palace

India Palace
Ranked #92 of 199 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 9 October 2013

First of all, we were greeted by more than one friendly members of the staff. We were seated at a table in a window area. The menus, wine & spirits list, basket of crispy, cracker-like bread and dipping sauce, along and a cold glass of water were immediately available for us. I'm a five-star spice level kind of woman, but I also crave the proper taste and combination of the ingredients in a dish. (Some places equate spicy with good taste...not necessarily a true statement!). I'm very pleased to say that this establishment had was a perfect blend and of spices, flavor and portion size. Varying categories of dishes were on the menu, including Appetizers, Soups & Salad, Vegetarian Dishes, Tandoori, Seafood, Chicken and Lamb Dinner. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his Chicken Tikka, which is Tandoori roasted boneless chicken breast pieces in a deliciously seasoned light sauce and came to him on a plate straight from a Tandoori clay oven, something that has been used to create these dishes for hundreds of years in India. The mesquite charcoal, and being baked in temperatures from 360° to 400° brings out the flavors of pure delight! One of my favorite dishes is the Saag Paneer (Fresh spinach cooked curry style with homemade Indian cheese, cream and their own special herbs). From the very first bite, to the last, this dish was absolutely wonderful. My main dish was the Lamb Vindaloo, which is a dish consisting of tender lamb meat, married with hot spices and well-seasoned gravy that had fresh potatoes, tomatoes and chili pepper. We actually ate until we were satisfied, bringing the rest of our meals back to our resort to eat this morning! You must try this restaurant if you are in the mood for Indian food. Oh yes, they also have a rich, creamy Indian style ice-cream, called Kulfi. The pistachio was so good. I also noticed that they have a daily lunch buffet, which we may have to try before Saturday checkout!

There are newer reviews for India Palace

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Highly recommend India Palace in Sedona Arizona for the best authentic cuisine of India!!! My husband and I love to eat Indian cuisine and it is hard to find good ones. We were delighted when we came across India Palace. It is one of the best Indian cuisines we have had in a long time. Dishes that are not just spicy hot as some restaurants tend to be, but deliciously rich in flavor. Asked my waiter what was in my Chicken Tikka Masala and he said there was at least 17 different spices used. I had my dish medium and it was just the right amount of heat. Of course you can get your dishes served mild, medium or hot.
The service was good as well. We were wondering why our order was taking a bit long, but before we were able to say anything the waiter came over with an appetizer on the house and apologized for the delay.
Wish they would open a restaurant here in Hawaii!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

While heading to a Mexican restaurant nearby, my wife and I saw this restaurant buffet and decided to switch cuisines. We are very glad that we did as this was well seasoned Indian food. The buffet isn't enormous but offers a good selection of traditional dishes commonly liked by Americans. We visited on a Tuesday and the place was partially full when we arrived and continued to fill throughout our meal. Obviously we weren't the only ones craving this food, Some of the dishes offered include lamb stew (the meat was so tender), chicken tiki masala, curried potatoes (not spicy at all and very savory), and several other ones my wife is more familiar with than myself. They also have a good selection of traditional Indian condiments such as tamarind sauce and a cilantro chutney. Two full plates each were all we could eat at a cost of $9.95 each. Not bad when you consider there are quite a few high prices ingredients on the line and it is buffet style. By the way, the staff keep the buffet line clean, well stocked, and the food attractive.
One of the best items was the fresh cooked naan (flat bread). You have to ask for it and you have the option of plain or garlic bread. They bring it out to your table hot off the grill and it was delicious. Without a doubt we would return again.

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

We were really in the mood for Indian food so stopped in for dinner during our trip to Sedona. Some dishes were very good, like the soup and chicken entree that we ordered. The naan bread was way overcooked and the vegetarian entree was dull. Compared to some of our other dining experiences this restsurant was just average, however if you are craving Indian food I think the food was good enough for a visit.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I have tried Indian food many times. My sister loves it! I, on the other hand, have not found it so wonderful. However, I was extremely pleased with my dinner from India Palace. In fact, I loved it. I ordered Lamb Korma Mild, and it was truly delicious. I am so happy that I finally found something I liked on the Indian menu. It was richly flavored with a very pleasing curry flavor. The garlic naan was very good as well. We ordered plain white rice, but got a seasoned rice which neither of us really loved. My sister ordered the Butter Chicken, and she loved it as well. We felt like the food was a little pricey. Each order of naan only included one piece of bread. Overall, it was an expensive takeout dinner. I have to say that the portions were large, though, and we both actually got a second meal out of it.