“Disappointing meal”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: HWY 179
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The prices are high, the food is average and the service is downright poor. The grilled asparagus was the highlight of the meal. The cheesecake was quite frankly the worst I've ever had. We did not return for another meal while we were stayed at the Hilton.

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I went to the grille last night with my girlfriend. We ordered two prime ribs come to find out it was a steak not an actually prime rib. I was disappointed right there. I decided to order the porterhouse 20oz steak with poblano mash. While eating our salads our waitress came over and said they were out of the seasoning for the sour cream and chive fries, so we settled for sweet potato fries. I ordered my steak medium-rare on the rare side. Then our waitress came out told us that she entered my steak in as rare because the cook over cooks the steak. When it came out my steak was over cooked. The prime rib that my girlfriend got was cooked med-rare and mine was almost med-well. Service was not the best either took 30 minutes to get our entrees after we completed our salads. Horrible service. Prices did meet the quality of the food. Bring and working for another hilton property I was very disappointed! I will never eat here again.

Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

I stay at the hilton that this restaurant is located at at least one a month for business. I will never eat here again, they are always out of something. For the quality of good and service, I consider this restaurant overpriced. Don't make the mistake!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed at the Sedona Hilton and ate at the Grille three times and ordered room service once during my vacation. The first night I had the New York cut steak with gorgonzola potatoes, pickled asparagus and sautéed rapini. The steak was a great cut and cooked perfectly. The asparagus were different, but pretty good. The gorgonzola potatoes were good but needed more gorgonzola. I wasn't a fan of the rapini. For dessert I had the flourless chocolate cake which was delicious. The service was great, the waiter was attentive and very helpfull. Four stars.

For my next visit I had the steakhouse burger. I asked for medium but it came out well done. It was still delicious and the french fries were perfect. This time the service left alot to be desired. The waitress disappeared after giving me my menu, another server had to go get her. I was finally served but a different server kept filling my tea for me. After my server brought me my burger, she sat down at the bar and was watching a football game. I was finished with my burger and was ready to get dessert to go and pay. So I sat there watching my server watch the game and waited.... and waited.... and waited.... After fifteen minutes of staring at the back of my server's head, wishing I had the nerve to go over to her and yank on her pony tail, *hard*, she finally glanced over to check on me. I have never been so blatently ignored like that. I got the chocolate lava cake, paid and left. The cake was fabulous. Two stars but only because the other server kept my tea full, otherwise it would be one star.

On my third visit I got the roasted natural chicken with savory bread pudding, mashed potatoes and pan gravy. It was fabulous, seriously, you have to try this! The server brought bread fresh from the oven, I had to let it sit for a few minutes, it was too hot to pick up. The gravy was so good that I was dipping the bread in it. The service was just as good as the food! For dessert, I got the deep dish caramel apple pie to go and ate it later. It was the perfect ending. Five stars.

I didn't feel like leaving the room one night so I ordered the Antipasto appetizer and fresh squeezed strawberry lemonade. The portion was huge, it was wonderful and the strawberry lemonade was so good! Five stars.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Our family of 7 arrived at the Hilton after a long day of travel. The Grille was the perfect place to grab something to eat. Great menu - from light fare to full entrees. Service was great and food was delicious. Thank you!