“Doncy RoCkS...no pun-intended ~!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boots and Saddles

Boots and Saddles
Ranked #1 of 29 Sedona B&B and Inns
Lake Dallas, Texas
“Doncy RoCkS...no pun-intended ~!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Hahahahaha!!!! Are you kidding me...is what I thought. The InnKeeper, Doncy, is so much fun!! I think SHE was more excited to see our 'HOME' for the next few days, as she put it, than we were...UNTIL, we saw the room...!!!!!! Breathtaking...is the onty way we can describe the experience we had at, The Boots and Saddles. Sincerity...it's there. Love in the cooking...it's there. Attention to details...it's there. Over-all kindness...so, so, so...there!!! Bring a friend...bring a date..THEY will accondimate, to be sure!!!!! Just make sure you meet...Doncy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: ANY room will do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a week and we loved it. It was quiet and romantic! This was our first bed and breakfast and had a great experience. We weren't sure about sedona when we first got there but Doncy, the inn keeper, and the owners told us a little about it like where to go and what to do and also where the good restaurants were. Breakfast was amazing, something different everyday.

The rooms are very clean and the bed is soo comfortable. We will definitely be staying there again! Loved it

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

My wife and I just returned from five wonderful days spent in the best B&B I've ever stayed in in my 77 years. The owners Sam and Irith are wonderful and Doncy, the inkeeper, is equally great. The room was very large and well appointed. The bed was unbelievably comfortable. I can honestly say I had the five best consecutive best sleeping nights for as long as I can remember. The breakfasts were not only excellent in quality but also a chance to get very useful information about what to do in Sedona depending on your interests. The restaurants they recommended were actually better than what they said they would be. Because I had some dietary constraints they immediately prepared an alternate breakfast (every morning). We had stayed in Sedona in a resort; unquestionably this was a much superior alternative. If and when we come back to Sedona the only choice will be whether to return to Boots & Saddles or go to Sedona Views which is the other B&B that Sam and Irith operate.

Room Tip: There are six rooms and I only saw ours (City Slickers) but I can relay what the owner said in front...
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I picked this location for a suprise Valentine's day trip for my husband and me and a vacation from the kiddos for a night! It is in a beautiful location, the room was awesome, the staff was amazing! Very relaxing! We are Hoping to make this a yearly trip for my husband and me! We loved the jacuzzi and fireplace. The room decor was awesome and my husband loved his surprise. We would love to try out the other rooms.
Christine Phoenix,AZ

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed four nights in The Gentleman Cowboy. It was lovely...both rustic and romantic, and incredibly comfortable. The breakfast was fabulous every morning. We requested a gluten-free breakfast on our on-line reservation. They needed no reminder as we received what we requested upon arrival. Irith was excellent at making everyone feel welcome and 'at home'. She was always available to give excellent suggestions and helpful information on local hikes, entertainment and restaurants. (Sam was at the other property during our stay but we hope to meet him on our return trip) The owners and staff went out of their way to ensure that our trip was all that we expected. The setting was extremely peaceful and exactly what we needed. We will definitely be returning to Sedona and will be staying with Sam & Irith.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We just had a one night stay but will be looking forward to a return trip. Wonderful accommodations and the breakfast was wonderful. Very peaceful and quite setting, loved all the little touches that made it a memorable stay.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

We returned here for 5 nights recently. It was our second visit and six years later it looks exactly the same as in 2008. No evidence of wear and tear whatsoever...the property is impeccably maintained. The public spaces and gardens are lovely, with many charming touches from 1930's Roy Rogers music to the gekko tiles. Sam, Irith and Doncy are high-spirited and fun with lots of interesting suggestions. And breakfast is simply wonderful. My husband is particular and usually doesn't enjoy breakfast and he says it's the best breakfast he's ever had.

• 4 of 5 bubbles