“Over the Top!!”

and 1 more site!
The Suites at Sedona
Ranked #3 of 29 Sedona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 April 2007

We have stayed in B&B's across Europe and the US. NONE come close to Boots and Saddles. Period. Zip.

Our kids sent us to Sedona for our 40th wedding anniversary. So, they get credit for actually choosing it. But they know us well and the Sacred Feather room was perfect... wait, what's better than perfect?

I have a strong interest in Native American art and culture and my mom used to carve Hopi Kachina dolls - so the decor was just what I needed.

Even if you would find a luxury B&B with rooms similar to Boots and Saddle - you will not find one with a breakfast like Sam prepares. For Sam and Irith, breakfast is an experience, it is high-end, gourmet delights and they always come with a story.

They should really call this a B&B&C - with the C for Concierge. Most B&B's have a few flyers and might recommend places -- but to Sam and Irith - concierge services is both a commitment and an art form. They will not only recommend, they will call and make all the arrangements. Sam will spend as much time as you need after breakfast to ensure that your total Sedona experience is Over the Top.

We were there 2 weeks ago (Easter 2007) and I have already emailed them about coming back.

There are newer reviews for The Suites at Sedona

Reviewed 19 April 2007

We spent 3 nights in the Boots and Saddle's Western Country room (now called Cowboy Country) and found the room was only average. Main complaint was that there was no comfortable chair in the room although a upholstered rocking chair is shown in the picture of room. There was only 2 uncomfortable wicker chairs in the room.
Also no scenic view from the room.

The lobby was small and cramped.

2  Thank DameEmber
Reviewed 17 April 2007

It IS everything they say it is! It’s not only as comfortable and clean as any five star hotel we've stayed at (we enjoyed the Ghost Rider room) extremely clean and private ~ truly, expressed the authentic ambiance of the South West. (Please ck it out in the photo section, a must see!)
Aside from the fantastic "experience" of the old West gone elegant, the food was as wonderful and welcoming as the hospitality there in the Boots and Saddles B&B. I looked forward not only to Sam’s culinary artistry every morning, wondering what he might come up with next, but what amazingly warm people these two are. Each morning we were cheerfully greeted. (Their joy is infectious!)
Sam and Irith really do make this place come alive. Their hospitality, warmth, and genuineness is felt by everyone. They made all arrangements, reservations, etc. Anything you need to make your stay the best possible. One morning they arranged a hot air balloon ride for us, so that we wouldn’t lack for anything, they left us a “picnic” breakfast to take along! The attention to details is wonderful, it shows in everything, right down to the gourmet meals that Sam serves daily. The sliced strawberries point side up dusted with confectioners sugar atop a cream filled mousse (a culinary delight) only to replicate the surrounding red mountains in winter. Really I can’t do the food justice in this small amount of space, suffice it say that the food is nothing short of culinary artistry! Bravo Sam! Irith, you and Sam are our new “Best Friends”! We can’t wait to get back!
See you soon!
Chris and Robyn

Stayed: April 2007
Reviewed 15 April 2007

I was looking for a beautiful place to go for the spring break with my daugher, who is in college. I was looking around at the Trip Advisor website and caught sight of the Sedona area and the Boots and Saddles Bed and Breakfast. Even though it was advertised as a "Romantic Bed and Breakfast," implying couples, I was taken with the fact that all the reviews were so glowing. I knew I wanted to go to Sedona and stay there. I can only say that I am so glad that I chose the establishment run by an outstanding couple, Sam and Irith, the most wonderful of hosts. The accomodations, the breakfasts and snacks and the wise advice that have been acclaimed by previous reviewers is all so very true. We were so satisfied with all the advice for activities and restaurants. Sam was on the phone each morning to reserve things for us. Their advice is priceless.

The days when we had early morning plans that would cause us to miss breakfast were accomodated by a delivery of a bagged breakfast to our room to take with us. This thoughtfulness was so appreciated. This and so many other special touches make this place one you cannot miss...

But the most special thing of all was that when my twin sister, who lives in California learned I was going there (from New York, where I live) she called and arranged to drive to AZ for a surprise visit to see my daughter and I. Sam and Irith made an accomodation available to her and even arranged for her to go on the rafting trip the day after her surprise arrival on just a few hours notice to make the arrangements. They helped make this spring time a special one for all of us. Sam and Irith have the gift of hospitality and they share that with all who come their way. Staying at Boots and Saddles is the best choice one could make when planning to visit Sedona.

• Stayed: April 2007
Reviewed 13 April 2007

My wife and I decided on Sedona for a short holiday over Easter. I did some research over the internet for B&B's in Sedona. We were looking for a romantic place. Boots and Saddles seemed to fit the bill. I phoned and talked to Irith. Right away I knew it would be a great place. And we were not disappointed. We had a wonderful experience. Sam's gourmet breakfasts were out of this world. Irith and Sam were wonderful hosts and ever so helpful. It was the little details that impressed us, such as thermal water bottles for hiking, robes,chocolates, etc. in each room.The fireplaces and the two person jetted tubs in the rooms added to the romance. We intend to return. We would recommend Boots and Saddles to anyone wanting to spend a few fun and romantic days in Sedona....and Sam's breakfasts...yummy!

1  Thank himalayaDelta
Reviewed 12 April 2007

We stayed at Boots and Saddles March 4-7 as a short romantic getaway. We were recommended to visit Sedona by friends, but their recommendation on accommodations wasn't very well rated on Trip Advisor. When I saw the #1 rating and glowing reviews at Boots and Saddles, I wanted to try it. However, if you're like me, when you see GREAT reviews on anything, with nothing negative, you're a little skeptical that the reviews could be a little exaggerated.

This is definitely not the case at Boots and Saddles. This was probably in our top five nicest accommodations we have ever stayed, and we travel quite a bit to nice places as I travel extensively for work. The room (Sacred Feather) was completely clean - nothing to bother you here if you are a clean freak. The beautiful tiled floors are spotless and you don't feel a bit weird about walking around barefoot. The king sized bed has nice, high thread count linens and a goose down comforter and the bed is very comfortable...better than the Westin Heavenly Bed in my opinion. The shower has dual shower heads and looks out over the Sedona Red Rocks - big enough for a shared romantic shower! The thing that made the room for me was the private second-floor covered patio right outside our door. There is a two-person hot tub, a telescope, and a table and chairs - you can bring home takeout, share a bottle of wine on the patio, and then jump into the hot tub after a long day of hiking or shopping. The patio is totally private. Be sure to turn on the hot tub and leave it on for a few hours during the day if you want to use it at night...it took a few hours for the hot tub to get really hot on the first night. After that it was fine. In short the room was spotless, beautifully decorated by innkeeper Irith herself with local artifacts, and very comfortable.

The other thing I was a little skeptical about was the traditional B&B "duty" that you have to go down and have breakfast in the morning early, and it's sometimes hard to do that when all you want to do is sleep in when you're on vacation. However, the breakfasts served at Boots and Saddles, along with the excellent company we found in the innkeepers and fellow guests, will make you look forward to getting up and going to breakfast every morning even if you are not a morning person. Sam is a true gourmet cook, and the food was wonderful - like you would be served at a 5 star hotel, none of this eggs and biscuits stuff. Conversely, if you want to have eggs and biscuits, there are several places in town that can help you with that, but Boots and Saddles serves real gourmet fare. But the pride Sam takes in his food and the way he introduces it to you each morning makes the breakfast special, almost more than the food itself. Some of our fellow guests had special dietary requirements, and Sam and Irith attended to these with great care.

Pay attention to the Sedona "orientation" that Sam will give you after breakfast on your first morning. The map and tips are very helpful, especially on how to avoid tourist traps when visiting the galleries. The hikes he recommended were all great and a little off the beaten path. Also, heed their restaurant recommendations. Savannah was GREAT and reasonable...the pizza place they recommend had rave reviews from fellow guests, although we did not eat there. We got Italian takeout from Troia's and were pleased. Watch out for the restaurants in the tourist-y strip area downtown...way overpriced.

Overall we had a great Sedona vacation and much of it was due to our wonderful experience at Boots and Saddles. We hope to return when we can spend more time.

1  Thank CincinnatiSly
Reviewed 9 April 2007

As my friends will tell you, I'm a 4-5 star hotel kind of girl, so B&B's did not sound like my kind of place, but based on the consistently high recommendations on trip adviser, we decided to try it out. We weren't disappointed because Boots and Saddles has all the charm and intimacy of a B&B while throwing in the luxury of a fine hotel (meaning comfy beds, smooth sheets, fluffy towels and nice bathrobes). We stayed in the smallest room (Cowboy Dreams) which will no longer be available, but it was everything we needed. There was no exaggeration about the breakfasts. Sam makes such tasty breakfasts and offers them with such beautiful presentation, that it's worth it to stay at Boots and Saddles for just the breakfasts. I'm still thinking about the french toast with berries that he made on the last morning we were there. I think that Sam should offer up a cookbook! We also really appreciated the advice on the hikes because we were able to go on 2 great, and yet very different hikes that offered us a feel for Sedona's beautiful terrain. What makes the place though are Sam and Irith, who were so warm and welcoming, and offered up funny stories, advice, and help all around. I would highly recommend Boots and Saddles to anyone looking to visit Sedona.