“Our Favorite Place in Arizona”

Orchard Canyon on Oak Creek
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We try to get to Garlands at least twice a season. We dream about it when we are not there!
We have stayed in a number of the cabins. We have our favorites. The scenery is spellbinding. Dinner is always a wonderful experience. Each course beautifully presented. Part of the Garland's experience is to sit with other guests. We have always enjoyed this. Getting to know other people. Sometimes they have come from great distances across the US. Breakfast is wonderful. A special treat is fresh caught trout! Yoga above the creek in the apple orchard is a lovely, relaxing experience. Sitting on the porch and reading. Exploring the apple orchard, the garden and walking down to the creek. Cannot wait until our next visit!

Room Tip: We like cabins on the lodge level. You are able to walk over to the lodge to get coffee and bring b...

Reviewed 17 November 2011

This was our second trip to the Garland's Lodge and it confirmed our decision to return. Wonderful atmosphere, great food and a good base for hiking and other touring. I think it has become an annual must-do!

1  Thank David S
Reviewed 12 November 2011

We stayed in Cabin 11 and loved it. I will give the "complaints" only because I think folks should be prepared. The shower was outdated and tiny. It definitely needs to be re-grouted. Our cabin also sits right next to the parking lot, although the front of the cabin faces away from the lot and the view is quite nice. The heater is LOUD. It kept us awake most of the first night. Despite this,we loved everything about the place. The bed was amazingly comfortable, the fireplace was wonderful, the meals were delicious (and did not miss once in the three nights we were there), and the location in the canyon is just so cozy. We are re-booked for next year and hope we can get the same cabin with the same tiny shower and loud heater.

Room Tip: All of the cabins are quite different. The ones on the upper level (they are named rather than numbe...
Reviewed 9 November 2011

When my husband asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I replied, "A weekend get-away to Sedona." Shortly thereafter I started researching places to stay in the area and came across reviews for Garland's Lodge in Oak Creek Canyon. Knowing the "canyon" should be a prime area for viewing fall foliage in Arizona, I e-mailed Garland's and promptly received a reply that they had a small cabin available that weekend ~ we were on our way! Upon arriving at Garland's (crossing the creek that runs over their road is fun), I knew the location was perfect. The lodge and cabins are nestled in the canyon, surrounded by Red Rocks, Oak Creek, and beautiful grounds. Our cabin was just the right size for my husband and I and located right on the creek and surrounded by trees. Our gas log fireplace kept us cozy. We met several people that had been coming to Garland's for years and that's when we learned that once you have a reservation, you can have that time every year for as long as you want it. People told stories of being on waiting lists to get a reservation and I can see why. Garland's is a great place to get away from it all (no tv, no cell service or wi-fi) if that is what you are looking for OR you can use it as a base to explore Sedona and the surrounding area (Jerome, Flagstaff). Awesome hiking is everywhere too! The rate includes afternoon tea and breakfast and dinner. The food is fabulous and it is so nice to just walk right from your cabin to the main lodge for dinner. Generations of families come to Garland's every year and I know we will be back next year ~ Same time, Same Place!

1  Thank RhondaMathis
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Garland's is beautifully set in the middle of the Oak Creek Canyon. The lodge has all the amenities that you want for a very comfortable stay.
My only negative (and it's an important one).........the food is good.......not great. Because of the setup - everyone is served at the same time - the meal lasted over two hours! That is much too long a sit!

Reviewed 16 October 2011

The setting of this Lodge is breathtaking. If you are coming for dinner, try to get there before sundown so you can appreciate how beautiful this property is. You will need to call way in advance to get a dinner reservation if you are not a Lodge guest. The menu is fixed, at the discretion of the chef and is made available online one week before the dinner date. You will be sitting 'family style', that is with other diners, at the same table. We were seated with 2 other couples. (I do believe you can request a private table, but I wasn't aware of this when we booked.) This can either be good or bad, depending on your dinner partners. In our case, one of the women we were seated with dominated the conversation all night and my husband and I couldn't wait for dinner to be over, which is such a pity, since the evening had such potential. The service is impeccable, with the hosts and servers so hospitable. The food was homestyle. Very tasty but definitely not gourmet. It is the type of food you would be served if you were invited over to friends for dinner. Cost for dinner for two, with one cocktail each and no wine was just under $100.

2  Thank torontotraveler123
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Garlands is a beautiful property with a gracious staff. Breakfast and dinner are included and are so generous that no lunch is needed! Rooms are cleaned like magic while you're out - usually before you're back from breakfast. The staff was gracious and no request went unanswered. The structure can be limiting - only certain times for breakfast and dinner, but it's great fun meeting new people at dinner every night and all the meals were delicious. It definitely has a "same time, next year" feel and most of the guests are "regulars." I plan on returning!

Room Tip: The rooms by the creek are smaller with no fireplaces, but have that great creek "white noise&q...