“O.....M.....G.....”

Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Chicago, Illinois
“O.....M.....G.....”
Reviewed 3 November 2011

This place is magical. From the moment I pulled up, I was treated like royalty (even though I wasn’t looking like it). Let me back up, I had taken a day trip to Sedona and found it so beautiful that I didn’t want to leave, so on the advice of fellow Trip Advisor’s I decided to see if L'Auberge had availability. Luckily they did but I couldn’t decide between two rooms so they showed them to me. All beautiful of course. I decided on a Lodge room but got upgraded to a Cottage!!!! How awesome is that! I was also given a voucher for a free glass of wine to celebrate my birthday. Again I felt so special.

So the rooms are exceptionally nice, bedding is luxurious, bathrooms are updated and come with great toiletries. I even had an outside shower!!!

Since I decided to stay at the last minute I went to the spa to see if I could get a sample of a facial cleanser and moisturizer and they were happy to provide.

The grounds are simply beautiful. That night I sat outside the restaurant where they have chairs and small fires to take in the beauty of it all while drinking my delicious wine. I needed more so I went down by the creek for dinner. Beautiful scenery and with the water running down the creek I was in heaven.

I’ve read that this place has been rated #1 as most romantic and I have to agree. Even though I was solo, I still felt the romance 

A beautiful city and a beautiful resort….what more could you ask for.

I’ll definitely be back! I miss it already!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Jencolem

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (643)
  • Polish first
spanish point co clare
Reviewed 2 November 2011

We were travelling as 4 woman, we had one 1 bedroomed creekside lodge and one two bedroom. Both lodges were very clean and comfortable and generally this was a great place to chill out after Vegas. The lodges were very well equipped, and had lovely generous sized bathroom products, robes, slippers etc. In the one bedroomed lodge we also had an outdoor shower which was lovely. The hotel was efficiently run, though not overly friendly with the exception of one delightful waiter who served us in the bar on both evenings.
We ate in the bar the first night as the restaurant was full and in the restaurant the second night, the food was excellent generally and I must add that we were offered the option of the full restaurant menu in the bar. We were lucky that the weather was superb while we were there so we were able to eat our meals outside by the creek - a beautiful setting !
So my only criticisms were that I had to have a row with a member of staff when I rang room service to obtain a bottle of tonic water at 10.30pm as he said the bar was closed. The duty manager did sort it out but I do feel that it shouldn't have come to that. We were also without hot water the following morning ( as were a few other rooms), there was no apology and if fact no one would answer the phone to answer our query - I presume as a consequence of the previous evening. So these two issues were badly handled, which is a shame as the hotel itself is lovely.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank akkers
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 1 November 2011

The accommodations were wonderful, with several different styles to choose from to suit your needs. There are rooms with views of a beautiful stream and lush landscaping. Or there are 5-star cabins on the hillside with breathtaking views of the red rocks. I understand there are also larger accommodations. The breakfast, appetizers and dinner we had there were delicious. Everyone is so nice and bend over backwards to take care of your needs. I love the no tipping concept. The employees seem to like it, too. I admit it did feel awkward at first to not tip for help with bags, etc., but we quickly got the hang of it and really liked it. I highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gigi111652
Los Angeles, Ca.
Reviewed 31 October 2011

There were 7 women and we rented the Creek House at the hotel. The house was spectacular right on the creek. We loved having a huge living room and dining area to relax in. Each bedroom was spacious and well kept. We enjoyed the complimentary scones every morning. The staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank lacurlygirl42
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We originally booked a hillside suite, but had to stay on the creek. Ophelia, at the front desk switched us with absolutely no hassle. There was a brief delay readying our cabin, but they asked us if we would like to use the spa to change and enjoy the pool. The spa is small; but quiet, beautifully appointed and stocked with everything you could ever imagine needing and wonderful products to use. The stargazing was amazing! Ryan, the Manager on duty, was charming and helpful with umbrellas, cookies, reservations, directions and recommendations. The young men at the valet desk were awesome we never had to wait more than three minutes for our car and the BEST: my girls were afraid to walk to our cabin after dark - so they personally escorted us from our car to our cabin door. The best, most personal service ever! Also, the newly renovated cabins are beautiful, the decor calming/natural, and breakfast on the deck overlooking the creek is priceless.

Room Tip: Must stay on the creek!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 27 October 2011

We stayed at L’Auberge from Sunday Oct 23-Tues. Oct 25, 2011. Overall, L’Auberge was a nice resort and we had a great stay. I’m not sure if I was returning to Sedona, if I would stay there again. I would really enjoy a hotel that offered Red-Rock views. The Hyatt which is directly across the street sits up on the top of the hill and offers the same great location and red-rock views. Here’s my review on the resort:

LOCATION:
The hotel is in a great location right next to town. You can walk to pretty much everything. They do sit down on the creek so you have to walk up the driveway to the main street but it’s an easy walk.

ROOM:
We stayed in the Creekside Lodge (room 55). The lodge has a common area with couches & a TV and this building has a total of 4 rooms. We were very lucky our room was on the 2nd floor with a balcony and a view of the creek. I think I would have been very disappointed if I was in one of the rooms with absolutely no view. The room is spacious with a large flat screen TV and a beautiful large bathroom. We did feel the room was a little dark but we found the bed comfortable and the room clean.

VALUE:
We stayed for 2 nights and it was about $300 a night with a $50 nightly credit which we used for breakfast. I do think that this is a little high considering the hotel does not offer red rock views and the rooms were nothing too spectacular.

AMEDITIES:
The resort has a small pool with no views. It kind of doesn’t feel like you’re in Sedona which I kind of knew when I booked the resort but I expected to see a little bit of the rocks. We drove in at nighttime and the next morning when we drove up and out of the driveway my boyfriend and I both gasped at the beautiful red rock views. I felt like I wasn’t in Sedona at L'Auberge. We didn’t have time this trip to use the Spa but the resort was really nice about letting us use the showers at the Spa since we had to check-out and our red-eye flight wasn’t till 11:30PM that night out of PHX. Offering free water is a major plus especially when it’s hot outside. The valet parking was also a nice touch and very quick. Wi-fi is free but they say your “service fee” each night goes towards the Wi-Fi

FOOD:
We only ate breakfast at the Creekside restaurant. The tables along the creek were very nice and peaceful. The heaters were a major plus since in the mornings it was a little chilly. I enjoyed my food both mornings. Breakfast was about $50 for 2 people with tip. I really enjoyed the pancakes and sausage links.

SERVICE:
Per some of the other trip advisor reviews, I didn’t find the staff to be overly friendly but everyone was nice. The “No tipping” is very strange. The resort did not explain the service fee to us when we checked-in. We tipped the valet who helped bring our bags to the room $5. When I was reading the book in the room I came across what the service fee included. When I checked out, I asked about this service fee and she said it covered valet, parking, housekeeping ect. But then I was confused as to why the Valet took our money. If the service fee covers these tips, the staff should not be taking additional money.

We checked in at around 9PM. It was quick and speedy. When I was checking out, I heard a different front desk clerk checking in another family. She gave them so much more information regarding the resort amenities, water, coffee and scones in the AM, Yoga, pool hours. We did not receive any of that information which was a little disappointing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the creek.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Lovedtotravel
LaubergeDeSedona, Director of Sales at L'Auberge de Sedona, responded to this review, 28 October 2011
Dear LovedToTravel,

Thank you for your recent stay at L'Auberge and for the excellent feedback. We will use it to improve our check in service. One of the things that make L'Auberge de Sedona unique is our creekside location. Guests wishing to have stunning Red Rock views are encouraged to stay in one of our new Vista Cottages or Suites, which feature panoramic views of the rocks. Creekside Cottages have a different feel as they are under a canopy of Sycamores and Cottonwoods for most of the year, however they are adjacent to Oak Creek and the constant sound of running water, which most guests find very relaxing. We hope that you will return again and try out one of our Vista Cottages on your next trip to Sedona, we think you'll love it!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 24 October 2011

L'Auberge was the PERFECT location for a really classy wedding. Everything went off without a hitch. Knowing that Meghan Rudolph was in charge of our special day was a giant relief. The Creek House rooms are spacious and private. The Creek House great room is perfect for get togethers. The view is AMAZING and the sound of the creek is relaxing. Everyone we came into contact with at this repsort was extremely helpful, respectful, warm and friendly. We WILL be back to celebrate our anniversary every year!

Room Tip: Creek House is great for big family groups. It's like having your own guest home.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family