It was great getting assistance from the concierge who helped hook us up with the Pink Jeep tour and sent welcoming e-mails. The property was lovely too and our suite, despite being awoken by the jets going off in the whirlpool tub, was lovely with the promised panoramic views of the red rocks and the open air shower, two large flatscreens, and roomy frig and safe. The no tipping policy is a treat and the food was good albeit quite expensive.
The not so good: the service at the restaurant/bar was awful. It appears the young people have no customer service training; they were more interested in flirting with one another than doing their jobs. After 15 minutes and despite my being only one of two customers, I had to remind the male server, who was chatting with the bartender, to bring my glass of wine. Similarly, it took 40 minutes and a reminder/threat I was going to cancel my order, to get the salad. When another couple arrived, had the same experience, and complained, the "manager" exhibited only luke warm concern. For the room, only complaint was the whirlpool jets: not only did they go off on their own but they were too noisy making it impossible to have a relaxing bath.
All in all: loved the ability to take in the majestic rocks or, in contrast, enjoy the shade and light breeze near the creek.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L’Auberge de Sedona has the privilege of being one of the most beautiful hotels in the world. Surrounded by the towering red rocks of Sedona, we have an extraordinary and unique location on the banks of Oak Creek, where the air is cooler, the scenery even more beautiful and the atmosphere so tranquil and romantic that even the most seasoned traveler is awestruck. With staff who genuinely care – who greet you with warm, sincere smiles and go above and beyond to ensure you have a truly magical stay. We offer 87 meticulously appointed guest rooms and cottages spread across 11 acres of landscaped grounds. The cottages all have fireplaces and private decks; most have separate outdoor showers. Have a romantic dinner on our creekside patio, and you’ll see why L’Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek was named "One of the Top Ten Restaurants in the Southwest" by Condé Nast Traveler. We’ve also received the Wine Spectator’s "Award of Excellence" 19 consecutive times. Our $25 million refurbishment includes a new indoor/outdoor wine bar and dining patio and an expanded spa for lounging after your day’s activities. And if you want more, there are lots of extras like yoga classes, daily duck feedings, evening stargazing sessions and pet-friendly rooms.But don’t take our word for it. Just read what our guests have to say. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your L'Auberge de Sedona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Auberge De Sedona Hotel Sedona
- Lauberge De Sedona
- L'Auberge De Sedona Arizona