“L'Auberge: fantastic personal service!”

L'Auberge de Sedona
Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My husband and I just returned from a fantastic 2 night stay at L'Auberge. We have never received such magnificent personal attention from a hotel staff before, from the moment we checked in we were warmly welcomed, in fact, every staff member we encountered greeted us by our names. We stayed in one of the Vista cabins with an amazing view of the red rocks. Calling it a cabin just doesn't do it justice as it was so elegantly appointed, with a gas fireplace, spa tub, and even had a private outdoor shower. The Inn is located right on Oak Creek, and there are sitting areas and gas fire pits to sit around and enjoy the scenery, beautiful creek and ducks that make L'Auberge their home. They even had blankets, outdoor heaters and bottled water to keep us comfortable on a chilly afternoon! We had dinner in their top notch restaurant; the Filet Mignon was amazing as were the crab crepe appetizers. Prior to dinner, an astronomer the hotel has contracted, had his massive, powerful telescope set up in the parking lot for star gazing. He was very animated and informative. It was a lot of fun! In the morning they have complimentary coffee, muffins and scones to enjoy while sitting out on the deck overlooking the creek. A great way to start the morning! The Concierge was very welcoming and informative about the area, and gave us some very good information regarding the trails we wanted to hike. This stay was well worth the splurge as we celebrated my husband's milestone birthday.

1  Thank lkoetz
MeghanRudolph, Manager at L'Auberge de Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

We appreciate your thorough review of L'Auberge, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write this! Personalized service is something we strive for with every guest and we love hearing that we were able to accomplish that with you. We hope you plan to return again!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,539)

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We returned to L'Auberge and were not disappointed. From the valet, to the restaurant, to feeding the ducks, to the scone and muffins for breakfast, it is fabulous in every way.
The grounds are beautiful and the location on the river is spectacular.
Love, love, love it here!

1  Thank 1socalgirl

Thank you for coming back, we're delighted to hear that you had another fabulous time! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We stayed in a creekside cabin….cabin 16. It had a wonderful view of the creek. The room was great with a wood burning fireplace. We also had an outdoor shower which my husband used….a little too cold for me. It was very relaxing sitting out on the deck watching the ducks. I also had some spa treatments there and they were very nice. Over all we had a great time.

Room Tip: Cabin 16 had the best view….that is what were told by the hotel.
1  Thank CScottRN

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We hope you plan to return in warmer weather so you can enjoy an outdoor shower too!

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here twice now and have not been disappointed. This is my "go to" spot in Sedona and a place I definitely recommend. The first visit, I stayed in one of the lodge rooms. The 2nd visit I stayed at a creek side cottage. If you want to splurge, the cottages are the way to go. They include a fireplace, outdoor shower, private patios and views of the creek. This boutique hotel has wonderful amenities, awesome customer service, and one of the best locations in Sedona. They offer complimentary shuttle service, morning yoga, and other various classes throughout the week. My favorite part is that gratuity is included. I love not having to think about that during my stay. The only thing that I miss from my first stay is that they had a complimentary wine hour in the evening. If they brought that back, I'd consider L'auberge perfect. As of my 2nd stay here, they are pretty close to perfect and I look forward to future visits here.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Southbay_grl
MeghanRudolph, Manager at L'Auberge de Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

We are honored to be your Sedona "go to" place, thank you! For your 3rd visit, I recommend a Vista Cottage or Suite. Then you'll have rounded out your L'Auberge experience with views of the red rocks from the comfort of your jacuzzi tub! Thank you for recommending L'Auberge to others, we greatly appreciate it!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

An overnight stay to get away. Everything was top shelf, from arrival to departure and all in between. Food & drinks were fantastic. We had dinner and Sunday Brunch. Walked the beautiful grounds along the creek. Weather was perfect. Thanks for everything. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your kind words and for your recent stay. We're delighted that you had great weather and enjoyed all the great things offered here at L'Auberge. We'll see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

My boyfriend took me here as a Christmas present. We had an absolutely wonderful stay. We loved the outdoor shower and of course, the incredible view. The customer service was amazing as well- Brianna Zwart was extremely helpful and courteous. She welcomed us with warmth and booked our dinner reservations on our second night. This was our second time at this resort and we will definitely return, both because of the incredible accommodations and the lovely staff!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for coming back and staying with us again! You were definitely in great hands with Brianna, we'll be sure to give her an extra thank you. We hope to see you both again soon!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

My husband and I Stayed here on our drive out from Chicago to Los Angeles. We were in the process of moving cross-country and wanted a peaceful place to stay for a few nights, especially with it being over New Years' Eve.

I was looking for a high-end hotel somewhere on the drive out. At first, we considered the Four Seasons Santa Fe, but then Sedona caught our eye. That is when I found the L'Auberge when searching Trip Advisor. I liked the fact it was on a creek and the pictures online looked gorgeous [although it's even more peaceful and beautiful in person].

Luckily, I was able to book a special package right after Thanksgiving that allowed us to purchase one night and get the other free. It was too good of a deal to pass up. As we were bringing our small French Bulldog with us, we had to book a guest cottage room. It was so wonderful! The hotel perfectly accommodated our Frenchie; he even had a bag of organic treats and food bowls waiting in the room when we checked in. I like little touches like that!

Everything during our stay was great. My husband let me pick the place so he didn't really know what to expect before we got there and he was so excited that we had a wood burning fireplace! Coming from the city of Chicago, this was quite a treat as we are used to flipping a switch and the fire is on.... it's just not the same as a wood-burning one! :)

Overall, checkin, valet, the restaurant, spa, etc. were all wonderful. I really didn't want to leave! I hope to return someday.

*Also, the hotel is located literally down a steep driveway from the main part of town. it's super easy to walk to or you can use the convenient hotel shuttle which will take you anywhere you want to go in town.

Room Tip: Highly recommend booking a guest cottage. The wood burning fireplace, large deck and room are wonder...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

We appreciate you making a stop at L'Auberge on your way through Arizona. The wood burning fireplaces are a favorite among many, we're glad you were able to use and enjoy it! After you are all settled in LA, we hope you come back for a relaxing vacation. Spring is the next, must see season in Sedona!