“Nice restful stay”

L'Auberge de Sedona
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Beautiful location next to scenic creek and red mountains in background. Rustic cabin-like exteriors, with rooms scattered over several slopes among different settings. Large with modern bathroom and outdoor shower. Nice deck to sit and enjoy mountain view. Our suite had spacious living and bedroom areas. There were some signs of age - draperies were torn in living room and one screen door fell off rails, but overall impression was still nice.

The restaurant on the creek is delightful. Be sure to ask for table next to the water. Food is artfully presented, good wine list, portions a little small but very well prepared. Service was quick and the staff very friendly. Ambience hard to beat.

Room Tip: Creek side or mountain view suites would be best.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GWS46
MeghanRudolph, Manager at L'Auberge de Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in your Vista Suite. Thank you for letting us know about the drapes and sliding door, we will be sure to work with our team to get these fixed. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We took a trip up to the mountains from Phoenix. What bliss. The location is perfect, just off the downtown strip tucked away by the creek. The rooms are first class. There is something special about the cool green grass and the calming creek that makes this place feel planets away from the desert. We loved the stargazing, my kids talked about it for weeks. Feeding the ducks at the creek while enjoying the free coffee and scones in the morning was the perfect way to wake up. The pool was 'just right' in temp and the hot tub helped to relax the hikers aches. While I think this place is best for romance, it was still perfect for my family of 4. Kids want to return and so do I. I highly recommend this stay.

Room Tip: If you can stay on the creek I would do it. We stayed in a suite with a creek view. These are real...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Goally

Thank you for making the short drive up from Phoenix, we are glad to be an escape from the summer heat! We're happy to hear your whole family enjoyed your stay! We look forward to welcoming you all back again soon!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I usually only review restaurants on trip advisor but I had such an amazing experience at L'Auberge spa that I though I should share it here. I am impressed by this resort overall, everything from their rooms, to their creek access, to their brunch...but I had heard good things about the Spa and wanted to give it a chance. The spa itself is nice, even though it seems like an afterthought compared to the remodel they did on the restaurant and private cabins. I have traveled the world over and received massages from many people and in many different places. What made this experience so memorable was not the Spa itself, but rather my massage therapist Brandon. I have multiple injuries from a lifetime of accidents and living, but usually I don't request Deep Tissue massage because most therapists either don't have the skill or the pressure to be effective. Brandon was very approachable and professional during the intake process and asked all the right questions. He also put me at ease before the massage and made me feel very comfortable. The massage itself was masterful...perfect pressure and flow throughout, while feeling very deep and therapeutic. Again, I was blown away by how good the massage felt and by how humble Brandon was after the massage when I tried to express to him just how grateful I was. Even though the massage would be considered expensive for most, I would gladly pay it again. Please give the Spa a chance, whether you are staying at this resort or not. And do yourself a favor and request Brandon. One of the nicest guys you will ever meet and the most masterful therapist I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Thank you for the best massage I've ever had!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

We are honored to be your first spa review! Thank you for visiting us and taking the time to spread the word about your treatment. We will be sure to share this with Brandon. We hope to see you again...we have a couple new spa treatments coming soon!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This hotel is gorgeous. Nestled by a stream, beautifully decorated cottages and great food-- you'll enjoy your stay. My gym bag was lost at check in, and transferred to another patron. I called the hotel and spoke to Graham, who actually took a sincere interest in figuring out where it went. It's now being sent back to me. And although this small event may seem superfluous, it means a lot to me. That's the type of quality treatment I'd expect from a high-end hotel. Considerate staff who are truly dedicated to providing a great experience. Thank you, Susan W

Room Tip: Each room has a different vibe. We chose the hotel because it was pet friendly. Therefore, a cottage...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
MeghanRudolph, Manager at L'Auberge de Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

We apologize for the misplacement of your bag and the inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for letting us make it right. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We were hoping this $$$$ hotel was going to be a splurge for our vacation. Sedona has 360 degree views but this hotel is sunken into the ground with no views at all. The room we had was pretty small and had high ceilings. This created an echo. The furnishings were not selected or arranged by someone with design sense unfortunately. We were very, very underwhelmed and disappointed, let down. What a waste of money. I would expect a little more from a hotel that costs half the price. The TV is small and not mounted on the wall. There was no fireplace. There was no view at all. The lodge is arranged so that you need to walk back and forth and up and down to get to the rooms. We did the run through this maze more than a couple times when our first and second coffee maker didn't work and then twice when our room card wouldn't work. We pleaded for a different room but none was available. The staff does not seem happy to be there or to receive guests. The valet parking attendants were very cold and gave us and our car judgmental looks. This hotel is too expensive for the subpar experience.

Room Tip: The lodge rooms are terrible. The other rooms are pricier and that is why we didn't book them.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank goodGato
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I understand why The L'Auberge is rated among the top 500 best hotels in the world. We stayed in a creek-side cabin that although pricey was worth every penny. The service was excellent and having meals or drinks by the creek is truly an experience. It is hard to find a hotel that is better located in Sedona. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Montreal246

Thank you very much for your confidence in our ratings, it means so much more coming directly from our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Sedona is one of the most spectacularly scenic places on earth that we've visited thus far! My husband wanted to go for the Red Rocks and we were in awe the entire time! And our hotel, L'Auberge de Sedona, not only was set amidst a glorious backdrop of the red rocks ... the property is also nestled up next to a meandering creek, too! Our Vista Cottage was incredible ... the bed comfortable, the bathroom huge, the amenities plentiful and the furnishings luxurious. We really enjoyed our in-room fireplace, and the deck with its picturesque red rock views was the perfect place for early morning coffee or evening beer/wine. I asked if I could see other room types while I was there, for future return trips and to advise/recommend to others, and L'Auberge's Sales Manager, Deborah Koontz, kindly took me on a very nice property tour. There isn't a bad room or suite anywhere on the property! Debbie was just as friendly as all of the other staff we encountered. From watching the morning ritual of duck feeding to the complimentary muffins & scones served in the lobby each morning with creekside views, to the amazing dining options and the above-and-beyond level of service, we couldn't have been more pleased with this hotel! The complimentary valet parking and valet service was marvelous. Every one of the young men working as valets always had smiles on their faces and were so helpful. The no tipping policy is unique and appreciated. The L'Auberge seems to have thought of everything, and their personnel go out of their way to insure that all you have to do while there is relax and rejuvenate! This trip was a surprise arranged by my husband after losing my mom in March of this year, and it was indeed very restorative, in no small part due to our stay at L'Auberge. Can't wait to go back again! It isn't hard to understand why this property was voted one of the Top 100 Hotels in the World by Travel & Leisure Magazine!

Room Tip: If there are budgetary concerns, you won't be disappointed in the lodge rooms. If you can splurg...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KaySand
MeghanRudolph, Manager at L'Auberge de Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

We're thrilled that you enjoyed your visit to L'Auberge and that you felt well taken care of by the whole staff! Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We hope to see you back in Sedona again soon!