3.5. It was hard for me to rate this hotel. It's not as nice as other hotels I've given a rating of 4 to. This place definitely has the potential to be a solid 4 or even 5. Things that could be better, for instance, is the towels. They weren't the size and thickness I've experienced at other hotels that I have ranked well on tripadvisor. The bed was not comfortable. I don't know if it was an old mattress or not, but neither my husband, nor myself, got a good night's sleep.
I should mention that we stayed in a room at the Lodge. It had an old, rustic feel and smell, which we liked. I liked how it was decorated. Our room also had a little outdoor sitting area that was nice to sit and read in.
I had the complimentary breakfast of coffee, scones, and mini muffins. Tasty and small, which I preferred, as it allowed me to try a variety without stuffing myself. This was served in their restaurant area, which is right next to the creek. Very beautiful and peaceful. I wish we could've had a real meal here, but our time was limited and didn't allow for it.
The staff was great. Everyone was incredibly helpful and friendly. At check-in, we were told up front of all additional fees and what they covered, which we really appreciated. Some have complained about surprise costs, so this may be something they are working on, because we had no surprise costs at checkout.
All in all, this is a nice place to stay. But, I will be honest, for the price of their rooms, they can make a few small changes. We did get the room for a deal so I feel we got what we paid for, but their regular prices are a little on the high side, which is fine, but when compared to hotels that charge as much, this place falls a little short.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L’Auberge de Sedona has the privilege of being one of the most beautiful hotels in the world. Surrounded by the towering red rocks of Sedona, we have an extraordinary and unique location on the banks of Oak Creek, where the air is cooler, the scenery even more beautiful and the atmosphere so tranquil and romantic that even the most seasoned traveler is awestruck. With staff who genuinely care – who greet you with warm, sincere smiles and go above and beyond to ensure you have a truly magical stay. We offer 87 meticulously appointed guest rooms and cottages spread across 11 acres of landscaped grounds. The cottages all have fireplaces and private decks; most have separate outdoor showers. Have a romantic dinner on our creekside patio, and you’ll see why L’Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek was named "One of the Top Ten Restaurants in the Southwest" by Condé Nast Traveler. We’ve also received the Wine Spectator’s "Award of Excellence" 19 consecutive times. Our $25 million refurbishment includes a new indoor/outdoor wine bar and dining patio and an expanded spa for lounging after your day’s activities. And if you want more, there are lots of extras like yoga classes, daily duck feedings, evening stargazing sessions and pet-friendly rooms.But don’t take our word for it. Just read what our guests have to say. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your L'Auberge de Sedona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Auberge De Sedona Hotel Sedona
- Lauberge De Sedona
- L'Auberge De Sedona Arizona