“Very Nice”

Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Los Angeles, California
“Very Nice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

3.5. It was hard for me to rate this hotel. It's not as nice as other hotels I've given a rating of 4 to. This place definitely has the potential to be a solid 4 or even 5. Things that could be better, for instance, is the towels. They weren't the size and thickness I've experienced at other hotels that I have ranked well on tripadvisor. The bed was not comfortable. I don't know if it was an old mattress or not, but neither my husband, nor myself, got a good night's sleep.

I should mention that we stayed in a room at the Lodge. It had an old, rustic feel and smell, which we liked. I liked how it was decorated. Our room also had a little outdoor sitting area that was nice to sit and read in.

I had the complimentary breakfast of coffee, scones, and mini muffins. Tasty and small, which I preferred, as it allowed me to try a variety without stuffing myself. This was served in their restaurant area, which is right next to the creek. Very beautiful and peaceful. I wish we could've had a real meal here, but our time was limited and didn't allow for it.

The staff was great. Everyone was incredibly helpful and friendly. At check-in, we were told up front of all additional fees and what they covered, which we really appreciated. Some have complained about surprise costs, so this may be something they are working on, because we had no surprise costs at checkout.

All in all, this is a nice place to stay. But, I will be honest, for the price of their rooms, they can make a few small changes. We did get the room for a deal so I feel we got what we paid for, but their regular prices are a little on the high side, which is fine, but when compared to hotels that charge as much, this place falls a little short.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
MeghanRudolph, Manager at L'Auberge de Sedona, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your review and for including photos from your stay. We appreciate your feedback, as we've said before, we are always looking for ways to improve our property. We will take your comments about the towels back to our management team. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (624)
  • Polish first
BOREHAMWOOD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We were staying in the lodge which was wonderful.Large rooms catering to your every need and the staff here are at your beck and call 24/7 They don't have any tipping here except in the restaurant. They provide free coffee and muffins in the bar at the same time they serve breakfast down by the creek in a beautiful setting. Free bottles of water await you in the fridge in your room and are replenished daily.At 8am every morning you can help to feed the ducks down by the creek and at night the skies are clear with plenty of stars so they have an astronomy talk under the night time sky a couple of times a week.there is a compulsory car valet service and the guys are on the desk until 11 pm to bring and take your car whenever you want free of charge.After that time is a security guard to do the same.You won't regret staying here and I would recommend it most highly.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
We appreciate your review and recommending L'Auberge to others. Thank you for participating in our daily activities on property. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This resort is tops on every measure of satisfaction--location, comfort, service, friendliness, amenities and food. I cannot say enough about the quality of the food both in room service and at the restaurant on the property. The kale salad with stone fruit was as good as any salad I've ever tasted. The chef is outstanding and the service fantastic. We had our dog with us and they accommodated him like a first-class visitor. They even provided him with a personalized goodie bag with treats, a toy and some poop bags and supplied dishes for his water and food. The resort is located next to a creek and while our cabin wasn't near the creek, we did get to enjoy spectacular views of the sunrise over the red rocks outside our window. The light on these same rocks as the sun set was simply breathtaking. The room was spare but clean and contemporary. The spa is beautiful and offers a weary traveler a menu of massages and other services. Such luxury doesn't come cheap but for us, it was worth the price.

Room Tip: Cabins near the creek have that view though cabins on the hilltop offer spectacular views of the sun...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
We're glad that you and your pup were well taken care of while staying with us! We agree that the view from the Vista Cottages of sunrise and sunset can't be missed!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night recently for a business merit and had a massive room in a private cabin near the creek. The staff was uniformly friendly and helpful, and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The room was well appointed. The TV worked well with plenty of channels. The bed and linens were quite nice. The spa is not opulent, but nice enough. The treatments were excellent, and the staff was well trained and very friendly. It is pricey, but a worthwhile splurge.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Seamfitz
Thank you for your review and for staying with us during your meeting. We hope the next time you're in town, it will be for a little rest and relaxation!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Truly amazing stay at this unique property. The property is situated right on the creek, which affords a different perspective of Sedona aside from the gorgeous red rocks. We loved the tranquility of this spot.

Top notch service, particularly the valet gentlemen. They were so kind! Wish I could have tipped them, but the property has a no tipping policy (not including the wait staff & spa staff).

We stayed in cabin 7 which is the cabin furthest from reception; ultra remote and private. We had no neighbors to our right and the beautiful creek to our front. Zen for sure!

The bed is perfection. Make sure to bathe in your outdoor shower. Under the stars or as the sun breaks is heavenly!

We paid about $700/night for the cabin. They gave us a bottle of wine, a cheese plate and great turn down service. Each morning, there is complimentary scones and coffee. Pretty delish muffins, too.

Enjoy the say, we sure did!

Room Tip: Cabin 7 is super private.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank howardlover
Cottage 7 with the tree coming through the large deck is a definite favorite of many, I glad you were able to enjoy it! Thank you for the review, we hope to see you back in Sedona again!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Now it is true, L'Auberge is not inexpensive. In fact, were it not for a promotion they ran, there is no way I could comfortably afford to have visited. But, thanks to the promotion, I had the rare pleasure of visiting a place that was top notch from top to bottom. Beginning with the absolutely delightful and generous Denise in reservations, I was extended courtesies that not only did not have to be awarded me, but that only on the rarest of rare occasions have I experienced elsewhere. Denise was a harbinger of the entire experience I'd have at L'Auberge. We stayed in a "Vista Cottage" with jaw-slacking views of many red cliffs, buttes and mountains. The room was spacious, with huge balcony/deck, private outside cedar shower, large indoor shower with two kinds of shower heads, a massive whirlpool tub right up against an enormous picture window boasting the same incredible view as the balcony, a fireplace and supremely comfy king sized bed. The restaurant? UN-BE-LIEVABLE setting under the large shade trees right smack along rushing and gushing Oak Creek. It's not going to get more romantic than that. Dinner was either 3 or 4 courses, all good, and the Sunday Brunch (with bottomless champagne) was downright fantastic. The waiter Joey was so mellow and interesting, we closed the restaurant down the night of our first dinner, just sitting and chatting with him creekside for well over an hour. We went to brunch at 10:30AM on Sunday, and relaxed through each course of the buffet, and then, made friends with two other couples unrelated to each other, and ended up sipping champagne and chatting along the creek until...incredibly...4PM! Yeah, we had other plans that day, but it was so beautiful and so relaxing at the creekside table, we simply took the opportunity to kick back and hang out. The parking is strictly valet, and they take you anywhere you wish to go on the property by golf cart. You call and they appear...quickly. The guys...and I hope I'm not messing up their names...like Daniel and/or Matthew could not DO enough to help us with anything we wanted. And without tipping. Guests are charged a not inexpensive $30 dollars per night that goes to tipping the bellmen and valet, and another not inexpensive $15 dollars per night for parking. So yes, the nightly rate adds on that $45 dollars per night, which I'd normally find oppressive and absurd. But the performance of the entire staff was so stellar, so "whatever we can do for you, it's our pleasure to do so," that the extra nightly fee seemed completely fair and reasonable. In fact, prior to my visit, I had a question for Denise regarding Jeep trails I wanted to explore in my own 4wd vehicle. She sent me to the Concierge whose line was busy. I left a message, and indeed, he called me back....long distance...and while speaking, my cellphone battery died! This fella sent me a super detailed email with every detail I could have hoped for, and did so without request simply because he knew his job, liked his job, and hence, wanted to perform his job in as helpful and generous a way as possible. Impressed is simply too weak a term for the feeling my wife and I had by the time we had to leave.

This place is absolutely worth visiting! They seem to care about their business performance as much as my wife and I do about our own separate companies, and THAT seems exceptionally rare, as well, for we care DEEPLY about our own businesses, and the clients we serve.
I didn't visit the spa, but it looked as great as everything else at L'Auberge. Oh! And if getting married or renewing vows is something you're planning on, you have GOT to see the venue for such activities at L'Auberge. Freaking gorgeous!!! What a great few days!

Room Tip: While they offer "lodge" rooms which have balconies, they don't appear to have any vie...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and felt well taken care of. Your review is the kind of stay we strive for with every guest, thank you for the great feedback! We hope to see you again for another great weekend!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My fiance and I are planning our wedding and we decided to check out L'Auberge as a potential venue contender. When I called to enquirer about a site visit I spoke with Debbie Koontz. She quickly picked up on a small detail aside from the wedding planning, the fact that it was my fiance's birthday and took it form there. She arranged a perfect afternoon for us beginning with a site tour for the wedding portion of our trip followed by lunch at the creek side restaurant where she surprised us with my fiance's favorite cake (tres leches). She helped arrange an early check in to accommodate us after our perfect lunch. We were surprised by not only the very private garden side cottage but the fact that she arranged a for second cake to be in the room with a couple of my fiance's favorite beers on ice.
I was concerned that I was going to neglect his birthday with a weekend of wedding details, but Debbie really helped to make this weekend special and memorable, beyond the stresses of wedding planning. Needless to say, we are excited to take the next steps in planning our dream wedding and future birthdays/anniversaries at L'Auberge.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
We are delighted that you were able to celebrate your fiancé's birthday as well as get some wedding details taken care of. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how special your weekend was, we will give Debbie an extra thank you for her hard work. We hope to see you soon to celebrate your wedding!