We stayed at the resort this month for a friend's wedding. While the location is absolutely beautiful, there was nothing outstanding about the accommodations by any means. We stayed in a creek side cottage. It has a good amount of space. If you're at all interested in watching TV while in bed, most of the cottages are not conducive (unless you lie on your side the whole time :). The bed was only semi-comfortable and the pillows not at all. I was surprised to find things not well-kept as you'd expect for a suite costing $500/night. One of the stoppers on the toilet seat was missing, the pictures on the wall in the bathroom were very low quality and one frame was very obviously broken. The hot/cold/on/off indicator ring in the bathtub was hanging loose over the handle. The WORST thing about this experience was that there was a housekeeping storage shed attached to the back of the building and when housekeeping would access the room and close the door, there was a very loud bang that rocked the whole back wall...coming twice at noon nap time as well as three times between 11 pm and midnight. If you're looking for a beautiful location, this is a great spot, but for the cost....I would expect a much more put-together room. I've slept more comfortably at rooms for a fraction of the cost.
There is complimentary coffee and scones/danishes each morning. The first morning it was very well attended with an employee cleaning up and refilling thing three times in the ten minutes I was present. The second day I left and came back after waiting ten minutes for coffee and creamer to be refilled. No one came. When I returned the items had been replenished, but no one attended the area for quite a while.
The concierge came through with printing something quickly for me that I needed and I appreciated her attentiveness. All staff I experienced were polite and friendly without being intrusive.
I'd give the grounds, staff, and location an A+, but the room itself in quality and comfort gets a C.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L’Auberge de Sedona has the privilege of being one of the most beautiful hotels in the world. Surrounded by the towering red rocks of Sedona, we have an extraordinary and unique location on the banks of Oak Creek, where the air is cooler, the scenery even more beautiful and the atmosphere so tranquil and romantic that even the most seasoned traveler is awestruck. With staff who genuinely care – who greet you with warm, sincere smiles and go above and beyond to ensure you have a truly magical stay. We offer 87 meticulously appointed guest rooms and cottages spread across 11 acres of landscaped grounds. The cottages all have fireplaces and private decks; most have separate outdoor showers. Have a romantic dinner on our creekside patio, and you’ll see why L’Auberge Restaurant on Oak Creek was named "One of the Top Ten Restaurants in the Southwest" by Condé Nast Traveler. We’ve also received the Wine Spectator’s "Award of Excellence" 19 consecutive times. Our $25 million refurbishment includes a new indoor/outdoor wine bar and dining patio and an expanded spa for lounging after your day’s activities. And if you want more, there are lots of extras like yoga classes, daily duck feedings, evening stargazing sessions and pet-friendly rooms.But don’t take our word for it. Just read what our guests have to say. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your L'Auberge de Sedona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Auberge De Sedona Hotel Sedona
- Lauberge De Sedona
- L'Auberge De Sedona Arizona